What's new

CroMagnon Vs Aquitaine?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
These guys showed up today knocking on the front door. I've only had one knuckledragger Aquitaine and one Cromagnon knuckledragger. Both were great. I figured that I had better give them a proper test drive....ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366075809.999228.jpg

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dave and Blue Army

We had problems during the rainy season with the Anthropology.

All of are cigars are firm, but the draw shouldn't have been affected the way it was. Our rolling method doesn't leave a lot of room for error and humidity killed us.

If you send me a private message I will replace whatever number of cigars didn't perform for you.

Apologies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Dave and Blue Army

All of are cigars are firm, but the draw shouldn't have been affected the way it was. Our rolling method doesn't leave a lot of room for error and humidity killed us.

If you send me a private message I will replace whatever number of cigars didn't perform for you.

Apologies.

Well done Skip.

This is the second time I have seen RoMa Craft stand behind their brand. They make great cigars and are stand up guys.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Dave and Blue Army

Apologies.

#nice .... Skip whut up

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried my first RoMa Crafts this weekend.

Intemperance BA - (Really wanted to try EC because I've generally preferred nearly all Ecuador wrappers over Brazilian) -- Unfortunately my local only had the BA. Burned well, if not razor sharp. Good flavors, but a little flat. Left me wanting more from it. Not bad, by any means. Just a little 'average'.

Cromagnon Anthropology - Was thrilled to find the local carried this size. I've been apprehensive about RoMa because of the large RG's. Regrettably, this cigar had 54RG amount of tobacco wrapped in a 46. May have been the tightest draw I've ever had in a cigar that wasn't plugged. Absolutely loved the flavors, but after an inch I felt like I was sucking a whole cherry through a Dairy Queen straw. I was nervous about using a draw tool because I was afraid that it was so tight, I'd split it. But, I gave in and put the poker in -- not a quarter inch in and the wrapper split....bad. Tried to continue by holding the frayed wrapper in place while gripping it, but it turned into too much work. I really did enjoy the flavors and look forward to trying it again...hopefully one rolled a little better (looser, anyway.)
I also ran into a couple of very tight draws in my 5 packs, but thankfully it was only a couple of 'em and they did eventually open up, but the 1st third or so took some effort to smoke

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
These have become such a shop favorite for our local guys. All 4 blends have been hugely popular for us. I like all 4 blends at different times. The EC Intemperance is money around breakfast time with some tea or coffee. The BA does well after lunch along with the CroMag and the Aquitaine is stellar after a big dinner.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Dave and Blue Army

Apologies.

Skip,
Sorry I missed this. Excellent offer. Thank you very much. I understand the challenges of dealing in a natural product like cigars and I accept the occassional 'miss' as part of the hobby. I was undeterred, as I've since bought more of your cigars from Podman and your site. That firsty Cromagnon Anthropology was the only 'unsmokeable'. I did have an Aquitaine Gran Toro a week ago that was pretty tight also, but worth the effort until the last couple inches. Outstanding flavors; would have liked to have nubbed it, but it got to be more chore than enjoyment.
You've done a great job with the blends of some fanstastic tobacco. Other than the draw, my only 'complaint' has been the lack of bands; which I've read is being corrected. Not a problem when I pick up a cigar from the box in a B&M and smoke it there, but I'm not concsientious enough about marking everything that goes into my humis.
Thanks again for your outstanding offer.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Dave and Blue Army

Apologies.

Skip,
Sorry I missed this. Excellent offer. Thank you very much. I understand the challenges of dealing in a natural product like cigars and I accept the occassional 'miss' as part of the hobby. I was undeterred, as I've since bought more of your cigars from Podman and your site. That firsty Cromagnon Anthropology was the only 'unsmokeable'. I did have an Aquitaine Gran Toro a week ago that was pretty tight also, but worth the effort until the last couple inches. Outstanding flavors; would have liked to have nubbed it, but it got to be more chore than enjoyment.
You've done a great job with the blends of some fanstastic tobacco. Other than the draw, my only 'complaint' has been the lack of bands; which I've read is being corrected. Not a problem when I pick up a cigar from the box in a B&M and smoke it there, but I'm not concsientious enough about marking everything that goes into my humis.
Thanks again for your outstanding offer.
Dave - funny you posted this today, as it's the first time I saw Skip's reply as well. Thanks for articulating what I would say much better than I can.

Skip - As Dave said, thank you for the outstanding offer, but I understand that bum sticks happen and I still won't hesitate to pick up another RoMa Craft stick in the future, especially after seeing your customer service, albeit four months later. No need to send anything my way.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I have been a fan of the stuff from Roma Craft for a while. The intemperance BA Intrigue is great in the morning with a cup of coffee. I always have some of the Cromag and Aquataine Craniums in my humi. They can start off a little tight but typically loosen up after a few minutes.

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
The unsmokeable tight draws I have had have been on the Knuckle Dragger and Intrigue. I have smoked every regular production vitola plus the Atlatl and while the draws have been tight they have been great and the cigars smoked forever. Best of the line? Intemperance BA Envy close second Aquitaine Anthropology.