What's new

Cut Preference

Preferred Cut

• Total voters

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I prefer a punch cut. But I also use my Xiker alot. It's about 50/50 but I voted punch cut for reasons I stated earlier.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Scissors! I love my MTX! I do want to get my hands on a nice punch at some point. I also use a cheap V Cutter every so often. I have a bunch of cutters. Just whatever one suits my mood. More often than not its my scissors. I love the control of the cut that I get with them.

n.olson

Veteran Eccentric
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I'd love to pickup/have a CF Palio.
i've been considering upgrading to one as well, if i happen to trip over tow, you'll be the first to know!!!

i've been on a punch kick lately, but i do enjoy my double blade, mostly for belicosos and torpedos

cashedash

illusione
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Double blade. However I have only used this kind of cut for all of my smokes. The only thing I don't like is that my cutter is a cheap craftsmen. Its a little difficult to cut with at times.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
i like the punch because it maintains the cigar's shape. really nice on robustos and such...

lately ive been using my xikar scissors but instead of one single cut, I make several smaller cuts. I "prune" the head until i get a nice draw. I think there are other folks that use this method as well. it allows you to control the draw and also prevents the wrapper from unraveling due to cracks etc.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
"The only thing I don't like is that my cutter is a cheap craftsmen."

Invest in a good quality cutter....it will cost more than that Craftsman Bench, but it will pay for itself in the long term, no ripped or torn cigars.

Palio, Xikar or Zino doesn't make a difference, it's personal preference, and the good one's almost always have a "lifetime guarentee" for if they ever go dull.

Last edited: