What's new

Finally Pulled The Trigger

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That's a nice looking smoke! How's she burnin after 3 days? How wet is it? I've been wondering how long to wait (haven't managed to wait 5 minutes). I've seen from 3-7 days on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can smoke 'em right off the table. Yes, they'll burn that way. If you roll wet and wait several days, chances are fermentation will begin, which gives you a rank taste and a headache. That process takes about six weeks to dissipate. So if you roll wet, either smoke ROTT or wait six weeks. As you go along, you learn to roll just damp instead of wet, then barely damp, finally not much damp at all. All you need is crackly filler, binder just flexible enough to roll round, and wrapper just damp enough to lay flat.

For full effect, wait six months for the flavors to mellow.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can smoke 'em right off the table. Yes, they'll burn that way. If you roll wet and wait several days, chances are fermentation will begin, which gives you a rank taste and a headache. That process takes about six weeks to dissipate. So if you roll wet, either smoke ROTT or wait six weeks. As you go along, you learn to roll just damp instead of wet, then barely damp, finally not much damp at all. All you need is crackly filler, binder just flexible enough to roll round, and wrapper just damp enough to lay flat.

For full effect, wait six months for the flavors to mellow.
Oh wow ok. Well I have loved smoking what I have right away guess not I gotta learn some patience. Heck it will give me time to get some practice in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Wrapped and capped yesterdays rolls,yes they still look rough, i was trying not to get that "double edge" look when the thin side of the wrapper doubles up on itself, seem to have managed that ok, just need the overall look to be better, ill get there lol

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Just before i went away stashed 20 of my rolls in a empty cigar box and put it in my Fridgadore, how long guys? 3 months?
The blend is the only 1 i have used so far, Mexican San Andreas wrapper, Dominican binder, Nic Ligero, Hond Seco and Seco piloto Cubano.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just before i went away stashed 20 of my rolls in a empty cigar box and put it in my Fridgadore, how long guys? 3 months?
The blend is the only 1 i have used so far, Mexican San Andreas wrapper, Dominican binder, Nic Ligero, Hond Seco and Seco piloto Cubano.
If you have 20 you can start sampling right now. One every couple weeks until you find the sweet spot?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
While i Reno these last few days i visited Ruiz Cigars in nearby Sparks. Marvin Ruiz a native of Nicaragua has a Custom Cigar store/lounge there, he started rolling when in Nicaragua then opened his own store in 2005, he used to roll everything himself but now has a small factory in his homeland, nice sized Humidor filled with his creations, very good they are.
From there i visited Fumare in Reno, the home of Illusion Cigars, Illusion cigars were created by Dion Giolito the store owner, a huge Humidor full of high end goodies.
Picture is of 6 Customs bought from Ruiz and 20 of my Fav Illusion Rothchild's bought at FumareIMG_1417.JPG

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
While i Reno these last few days i visited Ruiz Cigars in nearby Sparks. Marvin Ruiz a native of Nicaragua has a Custom Cigar store/lounge there, he started rolling when in Nicaragua then opened his own store in 2005, he used to roll everything himself but now has a small factory in his homeland, nice sized Humidor filled with his creations, very good they are.
From there i visited Fumare in Reno, the home of Illusion Cigars, Illusion cigars were created by Dion Giolito the store owner, a huge Humidor full of high end goodies.
Picture is of 6 Customs bought from Ruiz and 20 of my Fav Illusion Rothchild's bought at FumareView attachment 100703
Dude, that's crazy. Illusione has been one of my fave brands for years, and I was just in Reno 2 days ago! Last Saturday I drove to Reno on my way to Idaho for the eclipse, and then a few days later I drove back to Reno on my way back to Santa Barbara. I didn't have a freakin' clue Illusione was based in Reno....

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Dude, that's crazy. Illusione has been one of my fave brands for years, and I was just in Reno 2 days ago! Last Saturday I drove to Reno on my way to Idaho for the eclipse, and then a few days later I drove back to Reno on my way back to Santa Barbara. I didn't have a freakin' clue Illusione was based in Reno....
http://www.fumareusa.com/directions.html

oh you missed a great place