What's new

free Pipe Tobacco 4 review

Rating - 90%
9   1   0
I received a package from Joe, aka USHOG, today. Inside, were three yummy smelling pipe blends. But in usual BOTL fashion, he decided it was necessary to send along two Undercrowns as body guards. Thank you, good sir. Your generosity will not go unpunished.

Can't wait to try the pipe blends. Can you give us any indication of what kind of blend each sample is, or were you looking for blind reviews?

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
LOL they just needed a few body guards to make sure they arrived safely.
The blends are
1 Latakia, golden leaf orinico, madole, burley, perique (homemade) has a great Smokey flavor
2 Vanilla, oriental, burley - first attempts at an aromatic
3 Virginia DA, fire cured Virginia, perique

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My package arrived safely today also, thanks to the included body guards. I wish I wasn't too sick to smoke but really look forward to trying the blends. Thank you so much for your generosity, Joe!

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Mine landed safe as well! The baccy would have been plenty ... the pig and the uc are way over the top. Looking forward to trying each blend, really cool that you make a cake as well!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
It will be Sunday night at the earliest that I can smoke anything. Two more days left of absurd indoor cycling; I think pipe/cigar mouth would seriously make me hate life during that.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Was able to get mine today. Same hitchhikers, Damn nice thanks for all, those the blends smell amaizing!!!! Hoping to get to one or more of them this weekend.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
image.jpg Blend #1
Dry Boxed for 7hrs
Smoked out of my Peterson Dracula

Started out with a nice vanilla bean, a nutty smoke, a balanced sweetness and a zing out the retro that tickled the senses. Half way down the bowl, the vanilla has faded and now the profile is nutty, filled with earth, leather and wood with medium body and a little above medium strength. It still has that nice sweetness that lays all over the tongue and a nice peppery bite on the retro. Definitely a strong baccy. Be cautious if you're N sensitive. Pairing it with a nice Peaberry from KillerBean Coffee. The nuttiness, leather, smokey wood and earth go very well with this brew. As I near the bottom of the pack, the body is on the higher side of medium but full throttle on the N. There were a couple of times I was reminded of a Camacho Limited 10th anniversary crossed with a nice smokey MAduro...Now I'm new to packing a pipe and smoking one as well...hell I'm just a plain out Noob, so others might get a different experience due to how they pack it and the speed at which they smoke it. I'm still learning how to pack a pipe and keep it lit.. So I'm constantly relighting the bowl. Which I don't mind all too much because the tobacco still tastes great.

@USHOG, you knocked it out of the fucking park on this one brother. I have smoked maybe 20 different tobaccos trying to find a blend I enjoy enough to make me a regular piper and have found a few that I've enjoyed but this one, by far is my favorite to date. It is everything I am looking for in a blend; fuller bodied, good N kick, a complex profile.. I mean holy shit..pardon my French but you've blown me away bro. This blend most closely reminds me of G.L. Pease Maltese Falcon...but better. Which is one of my favorite baccys so far (until now). Let me say this.. I am a writer as well as a creator of many things in my life and I know the importance of a good critique. I won't bullshit you because we need positive constructive critism to grow as an artist/creator/human. So know that I Have no problem calling a spade a spade and won't fluff it up just because you sent me a nice package. I am trying to help you as much as I am looking to enjoy the experience of some home made pipe tobaccos. You nailed it for me, this stuff is fantastic... Your hard work and passions have paid off big time, I love it.

So for something I'd say was a little bit different than I'm used to, is the way it broke up. I loved the nice pressed brick, but when you roll it out, it is a little dusty and reminds me a bit of rolling out a clump of hay. This to me is trivial but if I'm to point out any minor flaw, it would be this as well as it smoked just a bit fast. Thank you for the opportunity to sample this Joe, it has been my honor. Can't wait to dive into the other two and I can happily say that I will be a bit distraught when I finish this bag...