What's new

gardening

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Sorry to report but my pepper plants have been going all winter. Pods are just starting to come out on my habaneros plants.

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Do you transplant the strawberries or keep them in those pots?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I'm gonna keep them in containers. I might move them into bigger ones depending on how they do. I've been meaning to go to some local restaurants to see if they have any 5 gallon "food grade" buckets that they don't use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'm gonna keep them in containers. I might move them into bigger ones depending on how they do. I've been meaning to go to some local restaurants to see if they have any 5 gallon "food grade" buckets that they don't use.

Check out bakeries. Frosting comes in buckets, that's what i've been collecting for sap collection. Walmart sells them for $1.00, if you have a good bakery you can score them free.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
This will be my 3rd year with my veg garden. I mostly grow tomatoes, a few zucchini and a few pepper plants and have been very pleased with the results and hope this year will be more of the same. I am really slow about getting the garden ready this year but I still have at least 2 weeks before planting anything. This weekend is supposed to be nice, so that is my weekend plan.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Just put in a blackberry, blueberry, and a gogi berry bush this morning... Also planted a lemon tree earlier this week...

The garden got planted last week.. Got several varieties of peppers, zucchini, squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, carrots, and sugar snap peas this year... Also lots of herbs in separate small garden...

Gonna do some good eatin this year I hope!

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
@ColdSmoke last year I planted jalapeños, cerranos and habanero in the same bed. The jalapeños and cerranos went crazy. But the habaneros flowered but didn't set. Any ideas?
Habaneros need more heat and less water than other peppers, and need a really long growing season. Try planting them in 5 gallon pots painted black or red, especially if you have a shorter season.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Habaneros need more heat and less water than other peppers, and need a really long growing season. Try planting them in 5 gallon pots painted black or red, especially if you have a shorter season.
I agree with this. They do take a while to produce. They are always the slowest pepper seed to germinate also. We have built in 12 inch pots at the corners of our deck and I always put one in the corner that gets a lot of sun and it is one of my most productive peppers. I do water it daily because of the smallish pot, but that's no big deal to me, I'm watering deck flowers anyway. I get so many I have to beg people to take some and that's after I frozen some for the off season. It's also a nice looking plant with the orange peppers hanging on it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Thanks Dale. My season (Central Calif) is long and hot. Over 100 for 6 weeks. I will try less water