What's new

Get your Shelves and Drawers here!

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
So just wondering how this will play out, so you just have to email him to see if he is available and if he says no try back in a month? Or will we be able to work something out so it's a little bit more publicly known that he is currently "closed" and when he has re-opened for 5 more people? That way it's a little less of a crap shoot for everyone and also when he is closed he isn't getting hit with lots of emails inquiring if he has any openings.

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
He is currently willing to do five sets of drawers per month. When he exceeds the five drawers per month in requests, the sixth, seventh, etc person will go on a list. When he checks off one of the five orders for that month, he will contact the next person, and so on.

That is how he will begin to take and process orders. He is an extremely efficient person, and I am positive he will work out something (especially with everyone's suggestions) to improve the ordering process.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
One piece of advice I would give customer service-wise (based on my dealings with another outfit) would be to reply to each request with a "number of orders in front of you" amount. If I email John to be placed on the list and he replies "there are 22 orders in front of you" then I know I'm sitting at about the 4 month mark. Or, maybe it's better measured in drawer/shelf units, not "sets" or "orders", as some people will order six drawers while others will order a drawer and two shelves.
"John, I'd like three drawers and a shelf"
"Okay, Clint. There are currently 47 units ahead of you"
At 30 units/mo (5 sets of 6) I then know I should be getting contacted next month.
Maybe?
If I were on John's side taking the orders, I'd probably send out a monthly, or bi-weekly, mass email (bcc) with the list of current orders (or just keep it updated and posted online) so there was always a constant communication of where you stood in the queue.
Just the first thoughts in my mind...

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
One piece of advice I would give customer service-wise (based on my dealings with another outfit) would be to reply to each request with a "number of orders in front of you" amount. If I email John to be placed on the list and he replies "there are 22 orders in front of you" then I know I'm sitting at about the 4 month mark. Or, maybe it's better measured in drawer/shelf units, not "sets" or "orders", as some people will order six drawers while others will order a drawer and two shelves.
"John, I'd like three drawers and a shelf"
"Okay, Clint. There are currently 47 units ahead of you"
At 30 units/mo (5 sets of 6) I then know I should be getting contacted next month.
Maybe?
If I were on John's side taking the orders, I'd probably send out a monthly, or bi-weekly, mass email (bcc) with the list of current orders (or just keep it updated and posted online) so there was always a constant communication of where you stood in the queue.
Just the first thoughts in my mind...
GREAT idea.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I might email him tomorrow. I am not in the best place with funds but I want to get his drawers and a shelf or two