What's new

Great cigars you just don't like

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
The first Tat I had I really loved. Then it was like a herion addict trying to find that high again. I could just not get to enjoy them at all. Plus all the hype with these smokes. Maybe someday I will revisit them.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Never tried nub, but I was not moved by the V series. Don't get me wrong, it seemed to have the makings of a good cigar, but it just didn't do it for me. Going to give it another try down the line and see if I still feel that way.

Anyone here like Nub? I'm always interested in a short smoke.

-Charles
Check out the V lancero when you do revisit them. The wrapper flavor really shines in that size.

I "liked" the NUB, but wouldn't buy one. I was gifted a couple and really enjoyed the Habano wrapper flavor. I like odd shapes and sizes, so I deffinetly wanted to try one. However, I generally like RGs less than 48 so to start off, it is not some thing I would grab off the shelf. I was surprised that it was a 50 minute cigar, so do not consider this a quick smoke just because it is short. I prefer Oliva's other offerings much more, the V figurados are beautiful, the G box pressed figurados are good as well for a lot less $$. The V lancero is the best box priced cigar out there for me.

Ducati

Monster.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I liked the Nub Cameroon/Habano, but agree in general that the price point is a limiting factor.

I *hated* the Nub Connecticut. I didn't like the flavor or scent.

CaTeacher

BoM May 2012
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
I'll agree with the NUB, although I've only had a Conn. Still have a Habano resting that I'll get to someday. I've had two Graycliffs, the 1666 and something else that left me bored. I have a double expresso still to try.

jwyatt55

Not the mad fladder!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I would have to say Ashton...just not really my cup of joe.

Also the Casa Magna Colorado. The few that I have tried burned horribly. Taste was ok but the terrible burn ruined the experience

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
AF Hemingway and Cabaiguan. Don't get me wrong. I can smoke these and they are fine, but I always get a little disappointed. They start strong but just kind of fade away. I lose interest very quickly. That's why the Short Story is my favorite Hemingway. It doesn't last long.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
AF Hemingway and Cabaiguan. Don't get me wrong. I can smoke these and they are fine, but I always get a little disappointed. They start strong but just kind of fade away. I lose interest very quickly. That's why the Short Story is my favorite Hemingway. It doesn't last long.
Man I LOVE the Cabiguan. Thats about as close as I can find to Cuban in an NC.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm gonna have to go with the God of Fire (Carlito) for this one. Had two VERY kind brothers who sent me both a Churchill and a dbl. robusto. I posted a review that was less than favorable and had a couple guys jump on me because they just couldn't believe I didn't like it as much. I really WANTED to like it more, but considering it costs the same as a Padron 40th I felt that people were getting an OK stick at a super-premium price

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
The last two Padron 3000 maduros I've had had been a real let down. I like the anniversary series, but not the regulars. I also didn't like the RP decade I had.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The last two Padron 3000 maduros I've had had been a real let down. I like the anniversary series, but not the regulars. I also didn't like the RP decade I had.
Sorry to hear it about your padron 3000 maduros. Those I find to be some of the best bang for the buck smokes out there. To each their own!

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I still gotta say the one that let me down was Don Pepin "My Father" Just didn't care for it. I'm not a big fan of Corojo wrappers either. I love Camacho and Because there in my price range He's my number one favorite, however I do not like the Corojo line (I don't mind the Corojo Maduro). :yes: