What's new

Great cigars you just don't like

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree 100%. My GCYJDL are any of the Greycliffs I've tried. I occasionally get sampler packs, and the Greycliffs in these are universally not up to par. Now, I realize that sampler cigars may be those that have lain unsold, and for this reason may be less than perfect, but they still should "outperform" the medium-price cigars I usually buy.

BTW, my current favorite is 5 Vegas Gold, but I also have liked Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte and any of the Romeo y Julietas I've tried.

Jim

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
Ok I am adding Drac to my list. Did nothing for me and I have 3 more that will rest at least a year or longer before getting revisited.

Gummi Bear

Righteously Indignant
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  • Anything by Carlos Toraño. It all started when I bought a sampler with his complete line at the time, and hated every one. Since then I've had a few more, and they all taste like shit.
  • Anything by Drew Estate. I refuse to smoke an 'infused' cigar, but his other offerings haven't done a thing for me. Yuck.
  • RP Decade, hated it. I have always liked RP, but that one sucked something awful.
  • Casa Magna. Just terrible.
  • Cabaiguan. Not offensive, just a terrible disappointment.

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Opus X. Just do not understand the hype. Doesn't taste great and have had burn issues with them.
Let them sleep a while in your humi. IMO with 6months they get A LOT better. You may find you like them.
I'm also going to go with Avo as the worst 'great' cigar, with the exception of the LE's.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Opus X. Just do not understand the hype. Doesn't taste great and have had burn issues with them.
Yeah, let 'em sit like ctaylor suggested. That said, I've never had a "fresh" one; the only ones I've had were a few that I'd let sit sit for about four months and they were fantastic.

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I'll try to think of a quick list of my own:

Opus X w/ RG's larger than 48, the thinner ones are much better, IMO
Drew Estates Liga Privada - I only have liked 1 stick so far, and the flying pig was horrible, IMO besides the "cool" shape, I fail to see why anyone would even want to put their mouth in this stick. Made my mouth and saliva brown, too.
Ashton VSG - just not my taste profile
RP Stuff - don't really like anything from RP
Davidoff - never had one I actually liked yet

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I just traded 12 Opus for 12 Anejos... So, I only have about a dozen left.

I've tried aging them and smoking them after 12 months, and they still aren't that great to me. I'm not saying they are a bad cigar, but not worth the hype.

I'll take those of yer hands, don't worry.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Okay since I really started smoking cigars on a daily basis I really wanted to give this some thought because my taste has changed alot from the start. Now with time, I have concluded I don't care for these brands anymore.
Partagas, Macanudo, Nubs, Oliveros, Carlos Turano, The Griffins, Cusano, perdomo, Padilla (Except the Miami), Any thing Sun Grown or Mild in nature like most Connecticuts.
All these at first I kinda enjoyed, but know I don't care for any of them. I believe that as your experience with cigar smoking evolves so does your taste.
just my oppinion! :cbig:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am not a big fan of Perdomo as an entire brand or camacho but i do smoke and like the liberty series of liberty by camacho
Perdomo Lot 23 and RP decade off the top of my head. But my list of ones that I didn't like the first time and came back and loved is much longer. Hated my first VSG and Pardron 1926 both, but my technique was weak back then.
The Lot 23's need extra aging. Even 6 months seems to make a huge difference. Now the Perdomo 2 Limited that claim 5yr aged tobacco don't need the aging. I've got several of the "fresh-rolled" wheels that will have to sit in the humi for at least a year before I smoke them.

EstateDude

Thats what she said.
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I haven't had a cigar I haven't loved. Put it in front of me and I'll smoke that sucker down. I don't let myself get wrapped up in what the cigar is "supposed to taste or smoke like." I just enjoy the opportunity to smoke!!

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
New Blend Siglo VI, now maybe it was the double scotch that I was drinking
along with it, but that cigar destroyed my night.... (Hell i couldn't even enjoy
the lapdance this girl was giving me at the party!) :grinFU:

Also Macanudo's too damn mild! And no flavor.... I smoked a tubo and thought
that was supposed to make it fresher, but go figure, also not a fan of the
Fuente Hemingway cigar..... That particular cameroon wrapper doesn't agree
with me...

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
(I'm glad to hear about all my brothers that don't care for Avo's & Davidoff's.....when I can get them at a good price I love them! Oh, Nic, I do have a real weakness for those Nattie DPG JJ's too.)
Me too! :glassesgr

To add:

AF DC
FFOX - sometimes
Anejos
GOF
Hemmis
more and more getting turned off by all of the Don Pepin stuff
Padron Family Reserves - too Pepin-y
Ashton ESGs
Oliva V
DC Maximus