What's new

Hard Music

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Lets revive this thread with a little NIGHTRAGE!!!

The lead singer Antony is a good friend of mine. We used to be in a band together back in the early 2000's

[video=youtube;9XVxaMvTvBs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XVxaMvTvBs[/video]

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Geeez I feel old. I like to listen to some "hard" metal once in a while, Anthrax or Megadeth being a couple, but about that's about as heavy as I like it. I can't stand angry, dark, screaming stuff you can't understand. I'd rather listen to some great blues or fun rock these days like Gary Moore or Chickenfoot (Satriani, Vai, etc.).

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Been jamming to some In this Moment lately. This chick rules and shes so fuggin hot!!!

Damoba

Dan, Dan the Cigar Man
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
All I'm gonna say is "Dillinger Escapes Plan" bitches you want some hard shit that will change your life listen to that shit. Prefer their old stuff of course but will still go see them live anytime I can. Number one best album of all time Calculating Infinity by DEP. Under the Running Board, and the self titled are still my go to head fuck. For those who like myself, wanna piss on an am/fm radio. Support underground metal/ hardcore/mathcore. I mean this as no offense to anyone but when some responds to the word metal with something about Metallica, my blood begins to boil, same thing happens when I'm subjected to a Nickelback song in a bar, I would rather die from eating a gallon of sand than listen to radio garbage of that caliber. Ok sorry rant over BTW I second those who spoke of Neurosis, nice taste.

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
All I'm gonna say is "Dillinger Escapes Plan" bitches you want some hard shit that will change your life listen to that shit. Prefer their old stuff of course but will still go see them live anytime I can. Number one best album of all time Calculating Infinity by DEP. Under the Running Board, and the self titled are still my go to head fuck. For those who like myself, wanna piss on an am/fm radio. Support underground metal/ hardcore/mathcore. I mean this as no offense to anyone but when some responds to the word metal with something about Metallica, my blood begins to boil, same thing happens when I'm subjected to a Nickelback song in a bar, I would rather die from eating a gallon of sand than listen to radio garbage of that caliber. Ok sorry rant over BTW I second those who spoke of Neurosis, nice taste.

I think that may be a rough statement, although respect your opinion. I love Metallica. Older Metallica anyway. It basically founded the music that I grew up on, and was a staple in my Walkman. Haha, walkman. Anyway, to me, Metalllica is definitely metal. And when I listen to it now, I almost have a greater appreciation for it.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Went to see Dethklok last month and caught the tail end of All that Remains' set. Was enough to get me to check out a few of their vids on youtube. Looks like their primary sponsors are Magpul, Noveske, and General Dynamics. ;-)

I'll just say I like their sponsors way more than I like the band.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Went to see Dethklok last month and caught the tail end of All that Remains' set. Was enough to get me to check out a few of their vids on youtube. Looks like their primary sponsors are Magpul, Noveske, and General Dynamics. ;-)

Ah what?!? You didn't like them? I love Dethklok! Their newest stuff is by far their weakest, but it's still right better than most metal bands today (only my opinion) that's awesome that they have a bunch of firearm sponsors, I like them even more now

Edit: unless you were talking about ATR...which would make sense since you said you "went to a Dethklok concert"...If that's the case, yeah, ATR isn't that great

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
ATR's lead singer Phil Labonte is on the 3 gun Nation tv series. I'm sure that is why they have the sponsors they do.

As to the music - not my thing. However, i've been to a few concerts with my teenage son. I'm not sure how "hard" these bands are (I don't like them) but we've been to see these bands live over the last 2-3 years:
Gwar, Lamb of God, 5 Finger death punch, Bullet for my Valentine, Job for a Cowboy, Hellyeah, Avenge Seven Fold.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0

Ah what?!? You didn't like them? I love Dethklok! Their newest stuff is by far their weakest, but it's still right better than most metal bands today (only my opinion) that's awesome that they have a bunch of firearm sponsors, I like them even more now

Edit: unless you were talking about ATR...which would make sense since you said you "went to a Dethklok concert"...If that's the case, yeah, ATR isn't that great
Just getting back to this. Yeah, Dethklok was awesome. They opened with "I ejaculate fire" and as far as the new stuff goes, it was downhill from there. They played both Murmaider songs and the better stuff from albums 1& 2. Very happy, just not as drunk for that show as when I saw Mastodon open for them on the first tour. Hoooooly shit THAT was an amazing concert!

Rating - 100%
112   0   0

Just getting back to this. Yeah, Dethklok was awesome. They opened with "I ejaculate fire" and as far as the new stuff goes, it was downhill from there. They played both Murmaider songs and the better stuff from albums 1& 2. Very happy, just not as drunk for that show as when I saw Mastodon open for them on the first tour. Hoooooly shit THAT was an amazing concert!
I totally agree, that mastodon show was killer, the third band that night(forgot their name) made me feel ashamed to be a metal fan.

The best concert I have seen was when they were paired up with Chimaira. Dethklok and Chimaira are in my top 5 favorite band list. That show was unreal!

The third album is definitely their worst one, but it's growing on me bit by bit. I like 5 or 6 of the songs now, when I first listened to it, I was a fan of maybe 2.

Last edited:

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
1. Megadeth
2. Machine Head
3. Metallica
4. Pantera
5. Sepultura

Not in any particular order...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I'll definitely check them out. You guys listen to Meshuggah, Textures, any of that "Djent" genre? Periphery falls into that category as well.
Heard them on sirius liquid metal a while back, nice!!

[youtube]QWAm0B88vUU[/youtube]

Here's another good band from the 90's

[youtube]mQvvRbPBHi0[/youtube]

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
If some of you guys that like heavy metal but don't like screaming check out the album The Blackening by Machine Head. They do belt the vocals out at times but goddamn can he sing too. Certainly worth a look at. I am still constantly listening to it after two years of having it.
Was going through this thread looking for someone to mention MH. Wow, hard to believe, I could only find this one. This band, except for 2 albums when they went through a rappy phase, doesn't have a single unlistenable song. The Blackening is a melodic face melter and I am still listening after 6 years... Also check out Unto the Locust and Through the Ashes of Empires (their last 3). Their first 2 albums are beauties too. The third and 4th albums albeit aren't bad IMO, got some shitty reviews.
Smokinghole knows where it's at.

KK33

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been listening to Devin Townsend's solo albums and Strapping Young Lad. Crazy stuff. Of course I can't keep Soilwork's New album out of my cd player for too long. The Living Infinite is an amazing album.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Currently listening to Five Finger Death Punch, Pro-Pain, Rammstein. Haven't been to a heavy show in ages except for Rammstein. Game changers for me was seeing Slayer in a small venue and hearing South of heaven and Raining Blood and the effect it had on the crowd. You could have almost heard a pin drop and then all hell broke loose. People were dropping like flies from the light show. The same night the mosh pit when Sepultura went on was so packed you couldn't even fart. The next changer was seeing the ambulances lining up an hour before the show when Cannibal Corps played at Club Baby Head in Providence. And of course the Pyro at Rammstein. Talk about blowing your hair back. I can still remember going to a show where MOD and Pro-Pain were supposed to play and Billy Milano backed out at the last moment. Pro-Pain still went on for about 20 people at a 200+ venue.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to be into the more melodic metal, a soft metal more like lead.

Shinedown
Red
Breaking Benjamin
Halestorm
Thousand Foot Crutch
Sixx AM
Three Days Grace
Saving Abel
Rev Theory
Atom Smash
Burn Halo