What's new

Hard Music

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Oh man... I LOVE Carcass, but am more of a Necroticism: Descanting the Insalubrious kind of guy than the more melodic Heartwork stuff...
Yeah, I like their death/grindcore stuff more but sitruc was talking more melodic stuff.

sitruc, another really good classic melodic black/death metal album is Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll definitely check them out. You guys listen to Meshuggah, Textures, any of that "Djent" genre? Periphery falls into that category as well.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I recently discovered White Zombie and Rob Zombie (at age 46 :)). I subscribed to Pandora about 6 months ago and have been hitting up more and more hard stuff. Led Zep was previously about as hard as I rocked....no more :)

stephen_hannibal

stephen_hannibal
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll definitely check them out. You guys listen to Meshuggah, Textures, any of that "Djent" genre? Periphery falls into that category as well.
Ha djent... Lol. I love Meshuggah but Periphery while they write cool song their recordings suck big time. They have 0 dynamic range and the mixing is garbage. I really hope their next album is recorded better.

Sent using smoke signals.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
[youtube]rgyRfBVVJ7Q[/youtube]
Great band, awesome drumming... RIP Vitek...

Been listening to Cold as Life this week. I've seen some wild shows before, and seen some bands that make you say "NOPE. TOO SCARY." Like, really violent pit, broken bones, fights etc... But with Cold as Life it was more like someone's gonna get stabbed/shot/raped/killed/beaten to death scary. Wouldn't even look at any CTYC dudes wrong.

[YOUTUBE]IhLliyowGf8[/YOUTUBE]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lamb of God, Hatebreed, Suicide Silence, and classic thrash, Pantera, Slayer, Sepultura.

Here's Kerry King signing my Warlock!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha djent... Lol. I love Meshuggah but Periphery while they write cool song their recordings suck big time. They have 0 dynamic range and the mixing is garbage. I really hope their next album is recorded better.
I thought the album sounded pretty good. You are right though. There are no dynamics in that album. What about the mixing did you not like?

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Well, for the black/death guys, someone posted the entire Evangelia Heretika DVD from Behemoth on Youtube.

[YOUTUBE]OvQom9XKLcg[/YOUTUBE]

I think I first started listening to Behemoth with Zos Kia Cultus, and have been a fan ever since. They are heavier (and literally play... lower), and more lyrically in tune with my own interests than a lot of other similar sounding bands. Oh, and is it just me or are Nergal's vocals inhuman. Just downright demonic. The vocal layering in their recorded work is straight up terrifying. Been listening to this one a lot this week, from Demi-God:

[YOUTUBE]3FfQHe3P4aM[/YOUTUBE]

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Behemoth is fucking incredible live!!! Even with Nergal recovering from Leukemia they are technically more proficient and more energetic than Slayer!

Last edited:

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I like Celtic Punk like Flogging Molly, The Pogues, Dropkick Murphys, Flatfoot 56, and The Tossers.

I also like The Rev Horton Heat, Social D and Supersuckers.

That is as heavy as it gets for me.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just added Behemoth to my pandora and like everything I've heard so far. The number of bands in my metal station has doubled since reading this thread. :thumbsup:

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Just added Behemoth to my pandora and like everything I've heard so far. The number of bands in my metal station has doubled since reading this thread. :thumbsup:
Nice!

Just saw this last night while looking around youtube, speaking of Behemoth... their video for "Lucifer", which is a beautiful visual piece, regardless of music (actually not a great song, but with the video is stunning). Warning... NSFW, and probably quite offensive to religious types... so, fair warning is issued there!

[YOUTUBE]QbpoJ8-kAvQ[/YOUTUBE]

jonnysmokes

Cornhusker
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I listen to a bunch of metal & hardcore.
Some of my favorites are Neurosis, Hopesfall, Meshuggah, older Opeth, Blood For Blood, Nile, Remembering Never, Thrice, etc.

I played in a death/black/stoner metal band in Boston back in the day.
Back in the day when Moshachusetts was in full form....late 90's and early 00's

IMO HC/Metal music isn't the same as it use to be. I grew up listening to Panic, Outbreak, Judge, Terror, Ringworm, stuff like that. Now a days, you would be lucky to find a band like that that actually tours. Terror is still around, but even they have changed.

At the Gates, Unearth and In Flames are the only real metal bands I listened to, but they to changed for the worse. Now I may throw in a Parkway Drive Album or August Burns Red, but I still rep the old school hardcore bands as much as I can.

Top 5.

Very early Evergreen Terrace
Terror-Lowest of the Lowe era
Figure Four-Point of Recognition-Overcome (all from the same label)
Modern Life is War
Gorilla Biscuits

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
IMO HC/Metal music isn't the same as it use to be. I grew up listening to Panic, Outbreak, Judge, Terror, Ringworm, stuff like that. Now a days, you would be lucky to find a band like that that actually tours. Terror is still around, but even they have changed.
Just want to point out that there are TONS of AMAZING hardcore bands touring the USA... RIGHT NOW. And always, for the last 30 years lol. I don't know how into local music you are, but I GUARANTEE there is a great hardcore scene within an hour of anywhere you might live in the country. I have seen Ringworm at least twice (maybe three times, hard to remember) in the last year, for instance.

jonnysmokes

Cornhusker
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New to Michigan.....so not sure what is of the scene. One of these days I'll get back into it and start paying attention to who is touring and where