What's new

Hard Music

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pantera dominates!

I was digging around in some old boxes and found pantera's dvd, '3 vulgar videos from hell' (a collection of their first 3 tours) and popped it in. They are by far the craziest, funniest and to me the most memorable bands to watch as well. RIP dimebag

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Pantera dominates!

I was digging around in some old boxes and found pantera's dvd, '3 vulgar videos from hell' (a collection of their first 3 tours) and popped it in. They are by far the craziest, funniest and to me the most memorable bands to watch as well. RIP dimebag
Hell ya that's a great dvd!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I've been rockin out to some Iron Maiden recently. My new Iron Maiden Shoes from the wife, got me to download a bunch of old tunes. I know it's not hard by todays standards, but it once was.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I've been rockin out to some Iron Maiden recently. My new Iron Maiden Shoes from the wife, got me to download a bunch of old tunes. I know it's not hard by todays standards, but it once was.
I got to see them live about seven years ago. It was an insane concert. I still listen to their stuff quite a bit.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XI1DD_vJuY"]YouTube- Pantera - Revolution Is My Name (Video)[/nomedia].....some crunchy stuff!!

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXSUekriUck&feature=player_embedded#"]YouTube- Madness Reign - Social Fucker[/ame]

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a little kid, my Dad influenced me with Dire Straits, Santana, Led Zep, Sabbath, Hendrix, and The Police.... then I discovered the Misfits.

My top ten (in no particular order) would be:
Corrosion of Conformity - The music speaks for itself. Go listen to "Stone Breakers," "Clean My Wounds," "13 Angels," and "Senior Limpio."

Down - The New Orleans Supergroup... Phil Anselmo (Pantera), Pepper Keenan (COC), Kirk Windstein (Crowbar), Rex Brown (Pantera), and Jimmy "The Dweller" Bower (Eyehategod). If you don't own a copy of NOLA then you haven't heard real metal :guitar:

Lamb of God - My boys from Richmond, VA. Very cool bunch of dudes. I've had the pleasure of hanging with them on several occasions. They continue to crank out killer music while staying humbly connected to the fans.

Byzantine - West Virginia metal gods. Three words: "Red Neck War".

Eyehategod - New Orleans' finest sludge metal masters. It's Black Flag meets Black Sabbath.

Pantera - No introduction needed.

Fear Factory - Demanufacture was an absolute masterpiece.

White Zombie - Got my first taste of metal from these guys, thanks to Riki Rachtman and the original Headbangers Ball.

Anthrax - From Fistful of Metal to Stomp 442 and beyond.

Danzig - The Misfits, Samhain, and Danzig... the unholy trinity of heavy music.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Definitely listen to a lot of heavy music, from Hardcore to Black Metal. Right now I'm listening to a lot of Shoot To Kill (from Connecticut), Watain, and Living Hell.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I love hard rock just not the constant thrash shit. I've been big on Five Finger death Punch , Drowning Pool, breaking Benjamin, Trivium, Theory of a deadman, Avenged Sevenfold, and Sevendust not to mention a few others of the like. 44 and still love to rock it!!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Some of my favs are:

Slipknot
As I Lay Dying
Otep
Lamb of God

I also enjoy bands like Angelspit and Combichrist, but they might be more industrial/techno than hardcore.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Wow I never realized how many great brothers we had that were into the hard side of music!