What's new

Headbanger Needs Advise

Would you bring cigars and storage home if wife does not know how about them?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Oh, I will bring this overflow cooler home next week while she and the child are on vacation at the beach. This will be easier to get into the house while there both gone. I can broach the subject right when she gets home from the beach as she will not have seen me for 3 days and will be happy that got time away from me :stretchgr: I will only open or show her what is inside if she asks.

I am not going to lie no matter what fellas. That path leads to nowhere but downhill. Also makes them wonder what else there is to lie about. Then comes the "I am fat" thing with woman. Then the "You don't love me anymore" bull shit. No way am I lying about this. This is not drugs and not sex/cheating. She is a good woman and can be forgiving. She deserves a lot of credit for putting up with me, this will get better soon enough.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Steve, answer the following questions and you will find the answer to your original post.....

Who's name is the Mortgage in???? BOTH OF COURSE, WERE MARRIED
Who's name is the car's registered under???? MY CAR ME ONLY, FAMILY MINIVAN BOTH
Who pays the utility bills???? I DO
Who is the handyman around the house???? I AM, we killed the phone man last week

:love: :love: :love: :love:

Thanks for asking.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Good luck Steve. Sounds like you have a handle on it.

Thanks buddy. Honestly I feel a lot better now than right after I posted this. It got worse at first cause I realize it is not right. But I want to make it right and now need to take those steps in order to make it right.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh, I will bring this overflow cooler home next week while she and the child are on vacation at the beach... I will only open or show her what is inside if she asks... I am not going to lie no matter what fellas...
Steve, I'm not going to give you any advice here. I just want to point out that, from your wife's perspective, lying probably consists of not revealing the truth every bit as much as telling an untruth. :sadstare:

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
That did not work in my druggie days 20 years ago and will not today. I am not trying to lie or cover up here.

Step 1, Admit you have a problem.
Step 2, Admit you do not have all the answers.
Step 3, Ask for help. :help: :flagger:
The first steps are useless unless you go to:

Step 4, Take direction.

Looks like most people have said option one was the best. You may be in the doghouse for a little, but that too shall pass.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Since you said that things are tight around the house, I would confess. Money is tight because you weren't sharing your bonuses, etc. with her. Granted the bonuses are your's but they used to be both of ya'lls. Time to confess about all the boxes and see what she says from that point on.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
That did not work in my druggie days 20 years ago and will not today. I am not trying to lie or cover up here.

Step 1, Admit you have a problem.
Step 2, Admit you do not have all the answers.
Step 3, Ask for help. :help: :flagger:
Yep. There are three parts to the serenity prayer. I always seem to forget the second part.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A lot of good advice here so I won't bother to offer my two cents. All I can say is that I can really relate to your position and have all the empathy in the world for you. Good luck.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
HB,

I was in the spot once myself at the time I had a 150ct desktop that she knew about and a 100qt cooler stashed in my office closet (in the basement). After throwing a fit over her buying some shoes she said "they cost less than the cigars in the closet" and asked how much they were worth. I really had no idea and sat down with her to figure it out, even I was amazed at what I'd spent.

I got in some hot water and now always (almost) tell her. She knows I can always get my money back and I've sold some for things we need. It all worked out in the end and when we sold our house and moved into another she bought me an Aristocrat as a house warming gift.

I think you should come clean now. She may already have an idea whats going on but even if she doesn't it's not going to get any easier. Man up and take what you've got coming hopefully it won't be as bad as you think.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OK, now I have come clean. Next step, stop buying cigars for a while. Maybe not bring home the wine cooler. Have sit down with the wife. Protect nuts from being smashed. Prepare to sleep on couch for a while.
Good deal!
I would also tell her that all of this has made you realize how wonderful she is, how you would hate for anything to ever come between the both of you, and how ashamed you are to have bitched about her spending money at the mall. Then pray for make-up sex.

Good Luck,
Michael

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Where was the choice for give her "a" or another baby? That makes them forget everything....:thumbsup:

I'm up to 6 kids and 2 full humi's!!!! :inlove:

Status
Not open for further replies.