What's new

Headbanger Needs Advise

Would you bring cigars and storage home if wife does not know how about them?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Thanks for asking Tom. First I took the advise from most folks and sold some stuff just yesterday and last week at another site. The wife had some family things come up last week. Her 1/2 brother joined the Army and will be a grunt. She fears he will shipped over to Iraq and be killed. She is older and felt she let him down years ago by not taking care of him when his Mother passed away. Also wife sister is drinking heavily again and had major drug problems. She found that out from the 1/2 brother and now fears using hard drugs again as well. The sister has an 17 year old daughter, so offered our place for her to stay anytime things get bad.

Wife and daughter were at the beach for 3 days this week. Right now not a good time to tell her I have issues with cigars. I stopped buying anymore for now and sold some things off to start. Maybe in a week or two will let the wife know where I am. I feel much better now about the bills. With the recent sales, the debt is cut in half already.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Definitely not a good time to bring that up, although it may seem simple in comparison (not that it still makes it a good time to bring up).

Choose that right time to lessen that blow.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Thanks for asking Tom. First I took the advise from most folks and sold some stuff just yesterday and last week at another site. The wife had some family things come up last week. Her 1/2 brother joined the Army and will be a grunt. She fears he will shipped over to Iraq and be killed. She is older and felt she let him down years ago by not taking care of him when his Mother passed away. Also wife sister is drinking heavily again and had major drug problems. She found that out from the 1/2 brother and now fears using hard drugs again as well. The sister has an 17 year old daughter, so offered our place for her to stay anytime things get bad.

Wife and daughter were at the beach for 3 days this week. Right now not a good time to tell her I have issues with cigars. I stopped buying anymore for now and sold some things off to start. Maybe in a week or two will let the wife know where I am. I feel much better now about the bills. With the recent sales, the debt is cut in half already.
Good man.

On the right track.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, with purchases this large in volume she may feel justified in making similarly large purchases.

Its just like cheating, if you cheat on her and she decides to stay then she'd feel justified in cheating on you.

Depends on what your wife is like.

Do you both have agreed upon long term financial goals? Maybe now is a good time to talk about it?

One thing is certain you must come clean. Damage mitigation can only go so far.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Wow, how did I miss this thread ... and how was it topped today w/o a new post? Does it do that when a new response to the poll is added?

Anyway, as Steve is still alive and posting, I guess this turned out OK.

Or is the cigar collection still at the office?

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Yea the thread gets topped when someone answers a poll. Last time I heard Steve hasn't mentioned it.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
He's fixed the problem and hasn't been buying anything new. Not sure about the wife

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I know the feeling he has, I got a few pretty tough looks when 4 Boxs showed up from Hong kong. I just told her she didn't have to worry about Xmas or B-day this year .......:bickering

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well It looks like I am the only that voted: No. Better not say a damn thing, leave things as is including the marriage....If you tell her you might as well hand over your balls. I guess my thing is that you have obviously had this large collection for sometime now. Why do you need to tell her about it now if I were you, I would leave the stuff at the office and slowly bring a few things home at a time, and make up some sort of story that someone you know is giving you all of the stuff. Or you can do like many of the other brothers have already suggested start sending out massive bombs!!!

Then again I am just young and dumb, So you would probably be better of not taking my advise. :dunno:

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
There were boxes on order from before I stopped and came clean. They were brought to the HERF fore others. The other box was a discontinued item that had previously been canceled due to circumstance. I have ceased buying and am in process of getting the manageable debt to zero. Thanks for asking guys.

My vote would have been #4. Still wanting to mention to her. But sorta like knowing your about to smack a hornet nest. You know your going to get stung, so procrastination is my normal step.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I just remembered, there was an extra box in there for me when ordering for the HERF. No more boxes (or samplers or 5'ers) will be ordered till dept has been paid in full. Unless I have the talk with the wife and we agree on a spending limit would be the only other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.