What's new

Headbanger Needs Advise

Would you bring cigars and storage home if wife does not know how about them?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same situation,just not in as large quanity.Tell her you have been aging them,and dont buy any for along time.And let he spend money,just less room for her to bitch.If you make her happy she will be happy with you.just bring home your boxes and enjoy them,but do not buy for a while.

Sean

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Honestly, tell her about the wine cooler and bring it home. Leave the cooler at work for a while let her adjust to the new addition to the family then just kind of slide the cooler in lader. and quit bitching about her spending money at the mall. After she gets over the wine cooler, there shouldn't be much of an argument with the other cooler coming in, well hopefully

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
david I totally agree with you. I burned up 1500 dollars in about a month or less on cigars. Self Control is the way to go

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Update: Two or three times I mentioned to the wife about having some "cigar debt on credit card". Each time she did not bat an eye, nor ask how much, so I gave no additional information. I have made a couple more low cost purchases and managed to knock some debt off at the same time. Just this week I started part-time night work. 1/2 my paychecks going directly to the family checkbook, the other 1/2 to cigar debt. I have also tried to not pick on her purchases either. That alone made things easier for me.

Thanks everyone for their advise and kind works. I have kept all the kind PM's that were sent to me and read them sometimes just to remind me how nice folks are here at BOTL.

Steve

R

RX2010

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
better just tell her all of it, cut back on the buying, and spoil her and the kid for a bit
family's gotta come first

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Steve,
Been there and done that. Wife and I been married 25 years (I'm 45) been through our share of ROUGH times from money problems, drinking problems, spending problems and even life threatening bone cancer (my wife has been in remission for 11 years now!). If you love her (obviously) tell her the truth, take your lumps and work through it. It may be rough but you will feel better, there will be no secrets, and once the smoke clears (no pun intended) she will truly appreciate your honesty.
Don't mean to sound all corny, and its just my 2 cents worth. You know whats right and you will do the right thing. We all have opinions, but only you will know how to make it right in your situation. Life is way too short, clear the air and be happy together. :facerub:

Best of luck Bro!

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Thanks for asking Tom. Slowed on buying, but did not stop. Debt is lower than before, but not paid off. I moved the coolers from the office to the basement over a month ago. She saw them a couple weeks ago and asked what they are for. I just replied simply "cigars" and nothing else beyond that. Nothing has been mentioned about them since by either one of us and I certainly plan on saying little as possible.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Well I voted for that option, strictly on the stipulation that I dont have a wife.. so that would most likely change when that happens..

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Addiction sucks, but it is not our falt. If we could control ourselves then they wouldnt call it an addiction. Its just like women and there shoes, its an addiction. Telling here is the best thing you could have done. Congrats

Status
Not open for further replies.