What's new

Hockey Season

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
We're still short a team or two on BOTL Fantasy Hockey if anyone's interested. If there are a few guys who end up on the waiting list, we could also start another smaller buyin league too if there's interest...
I would go for a smaller buyin league... I dabble with daily games on Draft Kings (and I do better with sports that I don't follow, go figure...) but a full season would be fun to try.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Yeah, love the "guilty until proven innocent" mentality the sports media has taken on this one. o_O
How bout the Hawks rolling him out there in front of the media to answer "only hockey questions". Like anyone wanted to ask him hockey questions. Guilty or innocent, who knows. Either way it's probably in his best interest to reach a financial settlement with the women just to avoid this dragging out any longer.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I wish I could hit the powerball id open up an ice rink and indoor soccer with a sports bar and a cigar lounge inbetween the two where you could eat/herf/drink n watch the action. Then id have free programs for local kids to keep em outta trouble... ahh a fellar can dream....

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I wish I could hit the powerball id open up an ice rink and indoor soccer with a sports bar and a cigar lounge inbetween the two where you could eat/herf/drink n watch the action. Then id have free programs for local kids to keep em outta trouble... ahh a fellar can dream....
I'll be herfing at my kid's soccer game in a few hours, you should join me. It's only 5 minutes from your place.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Women alleges Patrick Kane raped her. Kane of course says no. Was supposed to go to grand jury. Reports Kane was trying to reach a financial settlement with women so she would no longer cooperate with investigation. Apparently there was no Kane DNA on women. Still may go to grand jury.

In today's world as soon as women alleged this everyone just assumed it was true. Internet convicted him. Could be innocent, could be guilty. Who knows.

This was really the only material a sad Blues fan has over a Blackhawks fan. So I took the chance for a cheap shot. It's all we got.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I just don't get the media circus surrounding Kane. Hockey has it's fair share of troubled individuals (see Slava Voynov) but the media wants to crucify Kane for allegations that could be total BS. Even as a Blues fan, with the Hawks as our most "hated" rivals, it saddens me to see this play out the way it has. If it turns out he's guilty, lock him up like we would anyone else. But even if he's exonerated, the damage has already been done...

In an attempt to get this thread back on track, the Hawks are defending Champs again - who can take them down?

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Thank you brother, I appreciate it.

Now let's get back to hockey! @icehog3, I have to ask - is your screen name a shout-out to the Rockford Ice Hogs? I used to watch them play against the Missouri River Otters in the UHL, and man, that was great hockey. The Ice Hogs had a guy named Robin Big Snake, and the Otters had a guy named Frank Littlejohn, which meant endless dick jokes in the stands whenever those 2 would collide... Oh, how I miss the days of minor league hockey in STL...

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
What do we have left like 20 days to go? Thatsalmost 3 weeks :(
I know!
Women alleges Patrick Kane raped her. Kane of course says no. Was supposed to go to grand jury. Reports Kane was trying to reach a financial settlement with women so she would no longer cooperate with investigation. Apparently there was no Kane DNA on women. Still may go to grand jury.

In today's world as soon as women alleged this everyone just assumed it was true. Internet convicted him. Could be innocent, could be guilty. Who knows.

This was really the only material a sad Blues fan has over a Blackhawks fan. So I took the chance for a cheap shot. It's all we got.
yea my wtf comment wasn't cuz I didn't know what was going on, it was how you just assumed Kaner was guilty. I was born and raised in Chicago. I hate to see this shit just as much as the next guy, but can't throw accusations for either side until we know what's up. I felt pretty good that they allowed him into camp, that must be good news...

Anywho, we're gonna have a tough upcoming season due to the cap, once again.

My Kane jersey will go into the fireplace if the dude is found guilty for rape.

Fingernails and neck? Shit, we've all been there in our 20's :) I'm hoping they were just having a good time, she had a change of heart and that's it. I really hope that's all that happened....

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I just don't get the media circus surrounding Kane. Hockey has it's fair share of troubled individuals (see Slava Voynov) but the media wants to crucify Kane for allegations that could be total BS. Even as a Blues fan, with the Hawks as our most "hated" rivals, it saddens me to see this play out the way it has. If it turns out he's guilty, lock him up like we would anyone else. But even if he's exonerated, the damage has already been done...

In an attempt to get this thread back on track, the Hawks are defending Champs again - who can take them down?
I love my hawks. This next year is gonna be tough for them though. Who can take them down?

In our conf, the ducks will be tough to beat this year. If we do make it to the cup, the wings may be a force this year...

Imagine that, hawks/wings stanley cup final!!

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
@multi-useless , I actually coined the name icehog3 when I was on a game worn hockey jersey forum before the Rockford franchise was even in existence. "ice" for hockey, "hog" for Harleys and my police job, and #3 being my jersey number.

When Rockford "stole" my name, I had a friend photoshop their logo, replacing the "s" with a "3", and that's my avatar on my other board. I figured that was the least they could do after stealing my name, LOL. I remember John Big Snake, he was a mountain of a man...and a better fighter than a playmaker.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Todd ewen passed away two nights ago :( on a positive note first preseason game is tomorrow night!!! Whatcha all think of the split squad games?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dream as well, not exactly, but the build/buy a rink. My daughter regularly has group lessons at a guys private rink. He just built a hockey rink on his property in a barn. It's about 2/3rds the size of a regular ice sheet, full boards and glass, benches ect. It's so stinking cool and makes me SUPER ENVIOUS. I cannot imagine what it costs to keep that thing running.

The guy that gives her lessons, has open access to the ice(not the owner), so the cost is VERY REASONABLE. We get like 5-8 kids, everyone throws him a $20. The coach makes a little extra cash, kids get some great ice work, everyone wins.

GO AVS!

How about Eichel getting a game winner in his first NHL preseason game.