What's new

How do you pick your DE razorblade?

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
So Hot Sauce hooked me up with some Feathers. At first, I didn't notice much of a difference, but then I went to a Super Chrome Shark afterwards: Night and Day. Feather, hands-down.
Glad to hear you like the feathers. They are the sharpest blades I've found so far.

I also like astra Superior Platinums. Not as sharp as the feathers, but seem to have a little more coating on them to protect my skin. They are also a great value IMO.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
ATL I pay $40 for roughly 16 blades. My face gets irritated very easily which is why I have a beard most times but it's not very professional as I am an accountant.

Sean the Mach 5 has 5 blades and a single trimming blade. I see what you mean on less blades being less scary but I find the layout seems safer with the cartridges.

NC that takes roughly the same amount of time for my normal shave.

So big question is what do I need to get started on this adventure. Remember complete noob and don't tease I like new hobbies.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
So during Christmas shopping time I noticed a stand of these.

Not sure if they moved well or not but now I don't see them at all now, were they crap?

Had thought about picking one up to try out, I love my Super Speed though.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
actually, matt, that looks to be just the one adam mentioned getting recently, ugly pawn stars guy and all!

threadjack, but is it just me who thinks rick from pawn stars should be a stogie guy? anyone wanna drop a random SFR to gold and silver and find out?

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I just got a Edwin Jagger DE for Christmas and i've used it a few times with a few different blades that came in a sampler I bought. Feathers are super sharp and tend to give me a little more irritation despite all my prep. Astra's weren't bad either but I found I needed to do more cleanup with them. So far i've had the best luck with the Polsilver super iridium's. Almost sharp as the feather but seem to not irritate as much. It'll probably take me 5-6 years to figure out which blade is best since I normally use a straight razor and got the DE for the mornings where i'm a little shorter on time.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
actually, matt, that looks to be just the one adam mentioned getting recently, ugly pawn stars guy and all!

threadjack, but is it just me who thinks rick from pawn stars should be a stogie guy? anyone wanna drop a random SFR to gold and silver and find out?
Let me see if I can find out ... i'm friends with one of the executive producers of the show.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0

Let me see if I can find out ... i'm friends with one of the executive producers of the show.

He does seem like he could be.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
It's weird; you kinda get a sixth sense about cigar smokers after awhile where you can pick each other out of the crowd.. Either that or its in my head and I'm just creepy...

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I have to reiterate what others have said...jump on it and you won't look back. I just made the jump a couple months ago and will never go back to cartridges (other than for my head).
Thinking about making the switch myself.

Is there a specific reason that you don't use the DE on your head? Just wondering since that's a twice a week ritual for me.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I have to reiterate what others have said...jump on it and you won't look back. I just made the jump a couple months ago and will never go back to cartridges (other than for my head).

Is there a specific reason that you don't use the DE on your head? Just wondering since that's a twice a week ritual for me.
I'm still leery and have a slightly bumpy head and prefer not to bleed. I also shave my head in the shower so a using a cartridge razor is just easier for me. I may switch but I'll still need the cartridge as I don't travel abroad w/ my DE anyway...and I travel a lot for work.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0

I am guessing that a DE razor isn't something you can glide across your head without worries of cuts. I use my sensor excel on my head and it works good but I will probably be in the same boat.