What's new

How do you pick your DE razorblade?

Rating - 100%
30   0   0

Woo hoo!!

It arrived today along with a Feather 10 pack and a Derby 5 pack
That is a beauty brother enjoy.

Well I had my second shave last night and things did not go well at all. Burnt the shit out of my face. I was one to shave biweekly if really necessary weekly so I don't think my face was prepared for another run at it so my face nicked and pulled. Face was smooth but not used to shaving that often.

Hopefully the face will toughen up.

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0

Woo hoo!!

It arrived today along with a Feather 10 pack and a Derby 5 pack
That is a beauty brother enjoy.

Well I had my second shave last night and things did not go well at all. Burnt the shit out of my face. I was one to shave biweekly if really necessary weekly so I don't think my face was prepared for another run at it so my face nicked and pulled. Face was smooth but not used to shaving that often.

Hopefully the face will toughen up.
Can you share with us your prep and routine?

Prior to starting with wet shaving, where I now shave almost daily, I only shaved like once a week. Even so my face is doing fine so I'm wondering if there wasn't a prep issue?

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
EDIT: Oops, stupid Crap-a-talk made it look like you were asking me to post pix. NVM

BTW, found a nice sterling silver shave bowl for only $400

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
#dscl. Ya no problem the prep was the same as the first. Nice hot shower gave the face a nice scrub with just a little of neutragena facial scrub. I left my brush in a hot bowl of water soaking. I got my lather up and applied all the same. I actually got a better lather then the first time.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
can someone point me in the right direction for some blades to try out in my new DE razor I have shaved with the ones I picked up for 1.50 for a 5 pack sampler and they just don't seem to be as sharp as I would think or like,

and also where to get them

Thanks
Clint

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
can someone point me in the right direction for some blades to try out in my new DE razor I have shaved with the ones I picked up for 1.50 for a 5 pack sampler and they just don't seem to be as sharp as I would think or like,

Thanks
Clint
In my many, many hours of experience (having owned a DE for 3 days if you start counting from the day I bought it and not the day it arrived (yesterday)), I've found that Amazon has the best pricing.

As for sharper types, I can't tell you as I've not even used it once it :rofl: But, as you can see, a couple of the brothers have already pointed out just how sharp the Feathers are.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you want to get them quickly, you can get a pack of derby blades or feather blades at just about any Sally's beauty supply. I picked up my DE stuff today from Sally's. Got a 10 pack of the derby blades for 3$. Just my 2¢

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
If you want to get them quickly, you can get a pack of derby blades or feather blades at just about any Sally's beauty supply. I picked up my DE stuff today from Sally's. Got a 10 pack of the derby blades for 3$. Just my 2¢
nice thanks for the heads up my wife gets a huge discount at sallys

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Sally's never even occurred to me! I have one about 2 minutes from the house. Thanks for the suggestion!

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0

Thanks
Clint
Head over to Maggard Razors and pick up this 10 brand sampler

• Astra Superior Platinum
  • Derby
  • Big Ben
  • Feather
  • Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
  • Gillette Silver Blue
  • Red pack Personna
  • Shark Super Stainless