What's new

How do you pick your DE razorblade?

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Depending on your budget, I love Art of Shaving's products but they are expensive. But that being said, they last a long time so it ends up not being much more expensive: you're paying more each time you buy it over cheaper soaps but your buying it a lot less often.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Well I pulled the trigger on my order this afternoon I went with The Strop Shoppe Special Edition Shaving Soap-Lemon Eucalyptus, 3oz soap. Super excited and will definitely post up once it arrives.

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Well I pulled the trigger on my order this afternoon I went with The Strop Shoppe Special Edition Shaving Soap-Lemon Eucalyptus, 3oz soap. Super excited and will definitely post up once it arrives.
Nice! I decided to stick to creams myself in the beginning because they're so much easier to lather.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
DSCL I thought the same thing but as I read up I came to realize that soaps offer better protection for the skin so I decided big or go home lol.
If agree cream does lather up easier than soap. With that said I buy cella by the kilo since it's never let me down. I like that faint almond smell too (not overpowering )

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Brent don't quote me on it but I remember seeing in some of the shave videos that blades "open up" after the first or second shave. So throwing them away after two days of shaving would be starting all over again. I get about 5-6 days out of my Feather blades and I could probably get a few more.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Brent don't quote me on it but I remember seeing in some of the shave videos that blades "open up" after the first or second shave. So throwing them away after two days of shaving would be starting all over again. I get about 5-6 days out of my Feather blades and I could probably get a few more.
I am just saying that is some beautiful info cause I was going to ask how many shaves you get to a blade and I am assuming each side of the blade is a new blade.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I am just saying that is some beautiful info cause I was going to ask how many shaves you get to a blade and I am assuming each side of the blade is a new blade.
hmm, will have to give that a whirl then. How often are you guys shaving? For me it's been every 3rd/4th day thus far. I don't get a lot of fast growth, plus my work doesn't care if I'm clean shaven or not so I can let it go a few days.

On that note though, I had by far my best shave yet today. Changed the Merkur blade out and went with a Shark. Also got my AoS kit in and used the sandalwood pre/cream/after with the fine badger brush. Did anyone else find a gross smell to the badger brush initially? I'm assuming it will fade over time but it was quite strong today.

Today's shave had absolutely no irritation, weepers or nicks, even around the area of my neck that has been a trouble spot for me. Not sure if I should attribute that to the blade or just improvement in my technique but whatever, it worked...lol

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
hmm, will have to give that a whirl then. How often are you guys shaving? For me it's been every 3rd/4th day thus far. I don't get a lot of fast growth, plus my work doesn't care if I'm clean shaven or not so I can let it go a few days.

On that note though, I had by far my best shave yet today. Changed the Merkur blade out and went with a Shark. Also got my AoS kit in and used the sandalwood pre/cream/after with the fine badger brush. Did anyone else find a gross smell to the badger brush initially? I'm assuming it will fade over time but it was quite strong today.

Today's shave had absolutely no irritation, weepers or nicks, even around the area of my neck that has been a trouble spot for me. Not sure if I should attribute that to the blade or just improvement in my technique but whatever, it worked...lol
That is awesome brother good to hear that it went well. I just want to be clear, if you turn the blade the other way is it a new blade?

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0

Right now I'm shaving every day, but today was only day three.

As for the badger brush smell I don't have one, but all the reading I've done has said that the smell will dissipate over time. If you want to accelerate the process you can wash/shampoo the brush, but depending on the quality it may shed a few bristles.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0