What's new

How's your day going?

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Just stay away from the area with all of the restaurants and hotels. The amount of annoying rich white tourists is crazy and so are the prices.

I went in May a couple of years ago. The number of drunk people making an ass of themselves was higher than the grocery bill last week.

There are a couple of cool spots along the river walk once you get away from the hotels and the mall. I found going in to the city much more fun though. Cool restaurants, good cigar shops, museums, and cool people.
@Texican warned me to avoid the river walk. Too many cracker ass tourists gives me anxiety anyways. I'd rather go to a mexican flea market and get the real goods!
Definitely gonna check out the shop you recommended Mike. Their hand rolls look like they might be really tasty.

Hand rolls just made me think about sushi. Shit! ...Salmon Skin hand roll...Ahi hand roll.... sushi restaurants here aren't what they are on the west coast.:cautious:

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
At least the flight will be empty! Rebecca Creek is in the burbs if you are interested in visiting a distillery. We go to Fredricksburg fairly often and I've the best intentions of going to the distillery but never have.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
We're tourist driving through south and central LA to spend a couple of nights in Nachitoches LA. Day of the Eclipse we'll get up early to drive to SW Arkansas and find a place to pull off on the side of the road. Probably drive directly back home after.

We intended to go to Fredricksburg but where we normally stay they want 2.5x's their normal rate with a 3 night minimum.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
We live by the clock, you try to eat at a certain time, go to bed by a certain time, walk the dogs at a certain time. Moving the clock screws with our internal rhythms

What do you think? Keep the clocks where they are now? School busses will pick up in deep darkness most of their year but more opportuities for a quick fishing trip after work
Or
Leave the clocks on Standard time?

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
What do you think? Keep the clocks where they are now? School busses will pick up in deep darkness most of their year but more opportuities for a quick fishing trip after work
Or
Leave the clocks on Standard time?
I'm all for leaving them where they are now. Extra light in the evening, and a little dark at school bus time will toughen those little buggers up. ;)

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Shortages, price gouging and long lines are back........................for crawfish. Been a very bad year. I noticed one of the TV stations is running a Crawfish Price Tracker on their website. Where to find them and prices. Crawfish for Good Friday is as ingrained in the soul of S. Louisiana as BBQ on the 4th of July is for the rest of America

Reminds me of the Gas Shortage where there where trackers to find fuel.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Shortages, price gouging and long lines are back........................for crawfish. Been a very bad year. I noticed one of the TV stations is running a Crawfish Price Tracker on their website. Where to find them and prices. Crawfish for Good Friday is as ingrained in the soul of S. Louisiana as BBQ on the 4th of July is for the rest of America

Reminds me of the Gas Shortage where there where trackers to find fuel.

Yeah. :cautious: I think we only ate them once last season because the prices were so insane and the bugs were so small. I can only imagine this year. Not gonna pay $15/lb, as much as I love me some crawfish.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Most of the live crabs sold in Maryland come from N. Carolina, S Louisiana and Texas. Refrigerated shipping is expensive and dockside prices are crazy because of the crawfish shortage. As far as crab meat the idustry depends on Asian and Hispanic pickers on H-2 visas.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Got stuck in traffic on I-40 west of Nashville about an hour ago. Suspect at gunpoint and several young girls detained. It took the cops about 20 minutes to get the canine there. It ended pretty quickly after that LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro