What's new

How's your day going?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Wife is having knee replacement surgery in a couple of weeks and she wants to buy a pair of walkie talkies, so she can call me when she wants something. I've been her sole caregiver for past surgeries and those experiences make me have second thoughts about this plan. Am I the heartless ass wipe she claims I am?

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Wife is having knee replacement surgery in a couple of weeks and she wants to buy a pair of walkie talkies, so she can call me when she wants something. I've been her sole caregiver for past surgeries and those experiences make me have second thoughts about this plan. Am I the heartless ass wipe she claims I am?

Is there a prenup involved? Just asking for a friend. :smuggrin:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Wife and I went by Best Buy so she could pickout her radios. The very young sales clerk looked us over and recommended a "Jitterbug". He just about broke her heart. In the car she told me "that little bastard thinks we're old" you know how sometimes in a relationship it's best to just keep your mouth shut, this was one of those times.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So am I reading that she did not request batteries for said radios?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So am I reading that she did not request batteries for said radios?
I've decided that the radios are probably better then her yelling for me just to have me put down my cigar, walk across the patio to the house and find out she wants something trivial. She really is a lovely woman but when she feels bad.........

at least with the radios I can screen the trips a bit.

And yes you are correct if it gets out of hand I can do like they did in the old war movies "comeback, I don't copy, too much static, continuing on original mission" or "the batteries must have died" or "damn radios they lose the signal when I get to my office"

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wife and I went by Best Buy so she could pickout her radios. The very young sales clerk looked us over and recommended a "Jitterbug". He just about broke her heart. In the car she told me "that little bastard thinks we're old" you know how sometimes in a relationship it's best to just keep your mouth shut, this was one of those times.
I saw my wife struggling with her keys on the doorbell camera.

"Come on grandma. You ain't old enough for Alzheimer's yet."

Her vocabulary was saltier than her mother's cooking.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Note to self Run the Central Heating for a couple of minutes during the day when the weather begins to cool off. Why? Because if you don't some crazy ass woman in severe back pain will bang on your office door at 3:30 in the morning (after you spent hours trying to finally fall asleep) screaming "the smoke detectors are going off and the house has a funny smell".

God, more and more like her mother.

Oh, and another note to self. Don't lose your patience with a woman in severe back pain for Fu..ing waking you up at 3:30 in the morning because the Fu..ing heater came on. Definetly don't include "your getting as crazy as your mother was" in the ensuing conversation. Doesn't make the situation any better.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Note to self Run the Central Heating for a couple of minutes during the day when the weather begins to cool off. Why? Because if you don't some crazy ass woman in severe back pain will bang on your office door at 3:30 in the morning (after you spent hours trying to finally fall asleep) screaming "the smoke detectors are going off and the house has a funny smell".

God, more and more like her mother.

Oh, and another note to self. Don't lose your patience with a woman in severe back pain for Fu..ing waking you up at 3:30 in the morning because the Fu..ing heater came on. Definetly don't include "your getting as crazy as your mother was" in the ensuing conversation. Doesn't make the situation any better.

They don't forget and best of luck.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's a lot of driving. Sounds like fun and I assume the riverwalk is on the list.
Just stay away from the area with all of the restaurants and hotels. The amount of annoying rich white tourists is crazy and so are the prices.

I went in May a couple of years ago. The number of drunk people making an ass of themselves was higher than the grocery bill last week.

There are a couple of cool spots along the river walk once you get away from the hotels and the mall. I found going in to the city much more fun though. Cool restaurants, good cigar shops, museums, and cool people.