What's new

How's your day going?

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
It's like a bushel of crabs out of Mayland are now over $300. You know who to thank in the Fall ;)
Most of the live crabs sold in Maryland come from N. Carolina, S Louisiana and Texas. Refrigerated shipping is expensive and dockside prices are crazy because of the crawfish shortage. As far as crab meat the idustry depends on Asian and Hispanic pickers on H-2 visas.
They had Dungeness at Costco the other day. I was tempted but didn't buy any. I forgot to look at the price.
Some homemade ciappino sounds good.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Restaurant Depot Prices

Frozen Brown King Crab - 20 Up, Legs & Claws - 10 Lbs $273.68
Live Hard Shell Lobsters, Jumbos 3 Lbs And Up, Wild Caught avg 4 lbs $106.40
Frozen Colossal King Crab Legs - 9-12 Ct - 10 Lb Box $466.18
Frozen Pacific - Southern Red Crab - 20 Up, Legs & Claws - 10 Lbs $167.98

Maybe $300 for a bushel of blue crabs weighing 40 lbs isn't that bad $7.50/lb

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Even oysters have gotten expensive.

A couple of years back they forced the oysterboats to have refrigeration, increasing costs . Then the fresh water diversion projects required to rebuild the delta made alot of the established beds un-fishable and they had to be relocated and rebuilt further away from the docks. Maybe the plus side is there aren't as many people getting sick but for 60+ years we ate oysters right off the deck of the boat. Only rule was buy them in months with an R and make sure they came from properly tagged sacks.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got stuck in traffic on I-40 west of Nashville about an hour ago. Suspect at gunpoint and several young girls detained. It took the cops about 20 minutes to get the canine there. It ended pretty quickly after that LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The side of Nashville they don't tell you about in brochures. When I worked in music up there I found out that it is a lot different than most people realize. Get away from music row and the tourist attractions and there are some real gangsters and animals running loose.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was doing onboarding for a new job this week and developed a good rapport with the trainer. So, after the sensitivity and bias training I decided to rib him a bit.

So, I ran him through some of the things we said to each other (with love) at my last job. I think I witnessed a part of his soul die before it was over. I thought it was funny until I realized average people probably don't understand the bond that forms between two people after you chase a naked meth addict through the interstitial spaces of a building. (Bonus points if Methew McConaughey is singing the Dukes of Hazard theme song while running.)

Also, jokes like, "don't tell anybody about our special hugging closet," are problematic.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
What cha doing

Building the trellis for the Evergreen Wisteria

Oh.........ah .......but

What?

Nothing, it just looks so...........functional

And? ...... I've been asking you for over a month to make a decision on this damn trellis.....and now that I have everything cut and halfway put together
YOU WANT TO HAVE AN OPINION?

Yea but......why don't you put these things on a diagonal....I thought it was going to look like.......

PLEASE go back inside and let me finish what I'm doing.
repeat previous
repeat previous
REPEAT previous in all Caps

Ever have one of these conversations?

Rose arbor is next maybe I need her to sign the drawings

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Insurance for waterfront or flood zone has gotten crazy. A lot of homeowners around me are seeing rates 2 to 2.5 times what they where at their last renewel. Our wind and hail went up 20% last year.

Everytime I see an ad for an attorney "have an accident? call me. I'll get you what you deserve" I blame them for the incredible auto insurance rates.

We had a quiet hurricane season last year, I'm interested to see if we start getting Deep Water Horizon tar balls again if this season is more active

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Insurance for waterfront or flood zone has gotten crazy. A lot of homeowners around me are seeing rates 2 to 2.5 times what they where at their last renewel. Our wind and hail went up 20% last year.

Everytime I see an ad for an attorney "have an accident? call me. I'll get you what you deserve" I blame them for the incredible auto insurance rates.

We had a quiet hurricane season last year, I'm interested to see if we start getting Deep Water Horizon tar balls again if this season is more active

Insurance is nuts and they keep on changing requirements.........ugh