What's new

How's your day going?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
More bad news, living room required one gallon of paint. At that rate the kitchen, dining nook, foyer and hall maybe 1/2 - 3/4 of a gallon. What is she going to do with the other gallon?
That is so you can do touch after everything is put back in place. :LOL:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Anybody remember the first few UFC events, when it would be like: 6 foot 9, 375lb dude with a black belt in anger and bacon cheeseburgers versus the 130lb dude who took 7 months of taekwondo at the YMCA? That is what it is like matching up this heat against our central air-conditioning units. You root for the underdog, but grimly watch as nature takes its course.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@highsierrasmokin' best of luck on your move my friend. Try not to overdo the drive, can't think of anything worse then having to pick up all your stuff from the side of the interstate because you should have made a couple extra rest stops

@Texican what the devil we are looking at low to mid 90s with between a 45 and 55 percent chance of rain through the week. I could have been a great meterologist, "hot as hell and it may or may not rain" for the next 2 months!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Anybody remember the first few UFC events, when it would be like: 6 foot 9, 375lb dude with a black belt in anger and bacon cheeseburgers versus the 130lb dude who took 7 months of taekwondo at the YMCA? That is what it is like matching up this heat against our central air-conditioning units. You root for the underdog, but grimly watch as nature takes its course.

yea but the skinny guy is going to run around the cage until the fat guy has a heart attack. Good television.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
@highsierrasmokin' best of luck on your move my friend. Try not to overdo the drive, can't think of anything worse then having to pick up all your stuff from the side of the interstate because you should have made a couple extra rest stops

@Texican what the devil we are looking at low to mid 90s with between a 45 and 55 percent chance of rain through the week. I could have been a great meterologist, "hot as hell and it may or may not rain" for the next 2 months!
"You will either be drenched with sweat, or sweat and rain. Either way...don't plan on a backyard BBQ unless you have a nice covered porch. Enjoy your week."

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The day got better at dinner.

My father-in-law is an over 70 year old former vaquero and farmer from Mexico. He still listens to stuff like Pedro Infante and what Americans would call classic Mariachi music. So, he decides to start playing Antonio Aguilar as everyone is getting ready for dinner.

My wife and daughter start bobbing to the music. FIL looks at my daughter and asks, " you know this song?" She responded, "yeah dad listens to this kind of stuff a lot."

He cut a face that looked like somebody told him aliens were landing on the lawn. For context, I give fish belly a race for whitest thing you've seen and I don't speak Spanish. I just like the music and the style. A lot of the stuff from the 1950s - 1970s is way more musically complex than people realize and some of the singers rival guys like Pavarotti.

Any way, the look on his face was worth a million dollars.

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
"You will either be drenched with sweat, or sweat and rain. Either way...don't plan on a backyard BBQ unless you have a nice covered porch. Enjoy your week."
That's one of the first things I'm hoping to do is build an outdoor BBQ area thats covered with a built in stone Fireplace/BBQ.
Multiple roof pitches, fans, TV(So I can watch college football), power...the whole deal!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feel your pain. I walked outside because the thermometer said 87. Two steps and I thought the damn thermometer was broke. Nope, 87 with a "feels like" of 100.

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Build an adobe oven and get two for one. Fireplace and an extra space for cooking.
This is basically what I'm going for, minus the stone columns, wood boxes, and bars/cabinets on the sides. Concrete slab, no tile or stone floor.
The Fireplace/bbq will be at typical BBQ height with a rim that holds a removable grill. My grandpa had one which is where the idea comes from.
I can do everything here but the stone, only because I don't have the tools. I might have to buy them though.
Bring that property value up a wee bit.;)(y)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
This is basically what I'm going for, minus the stone columns, wood boxes, and bars/cabinets on the sides. Concrete slab, no tile or stone floor.
The Fireplace/bbq will be at typical BBQ height with a rim that holds a removable grill. My grandpa had one which is where the idea comes from.
I can do everything here but the stone, only because I don't have the tools. I might have to buy them though.
Bring that property value up a wee bit.;)(y)

View attachment 182532

Basically this design....enjoy!!

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0

Basically this design....enjoy!
You guys have no faith in me!:LOL: Fine, have it your way.
This is the home I built with the help of my friend Vinny. The home I'm leaving to move to Georgia.
If two of us can build that, I can build this covered bbq area no prob! One man job except for lifting the beams. Easy money!
The barn and Goat shed I built alone. I did not do the stone work on the fireplace, but did the framing, barn wood and mantle on it.
Check it out...
http://chris-beck-photography.seehouseat.com/2095826?idx=1

Last edited: