What's new

I Got A Wineadore!

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
All you need to tell you temp is your hygrometer, just adjust the temp on the wine unit to suit what you like.
That's what I was thinking unless the cooler doesn't run consistently at the temp you set it on. I'm thinking that in order to use the external temp controller you would have to set the cooler to run continuously if that is possible and the ETC just turns it on and off as needed. Is that correct? Can the cooler be set to run continuous? :dunno:

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I'm thinking that in order to use the external temp controller you would have to set the cooler to run continuously if that is possible and the ETC just turns it on and off as needed. Is that correct?
That is correct.

I simply set the wine cooler at the lowest possible setting (55º I think) and then set the ETC to 69º with a differential of +/- 2º, meaning it will kick on (ie, supply power to the wine cooler) when the ETC sensor inside wine cooler reads a temp of 70º and will kick off (stop supplying power) when it reaches 68º. When it kicks on, the cooler typically only runs for 3 or 4 minutes.

Like uncelnino said, you do not *NEED* the ETC. The wine coolers all have a built-in temperature controller. I just choose to use an ETC because:

• The wine cooler alone seemed to fluctuate too much, and I wanted a tighter control over the temperature.
  • I didn't like that the wine cooler fan ran 24/7
  • I didn't like that the temp on the wine cooler was way off

The ETC is a luxury--it just happens to be one that I like. :love:

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
That is correct.

I simply set the wine cooler at the lowest possible setting (55º I think) and then set the ETC to 69º with a differential of +/- 2º, meaning it will kick on (ie, supply power to the wine cooler) when the ETC sensor inside wine cooler reads a temp of 70º and will kick off (stop supplying power) when it reaches 68º. When it kicks on, the cooler typically only runs for 3 or 4 minutes.

Like uncelnino said, you do not *NEED* the ETC. The wine coolers all have a built-in temperature controller. I just choose to use an ETC because:

• The wine cooler alone seemed to fluctuate too much, and I wanted a tighter control over the temperature.
  • I didn't like that the wine cooler fan ran 24/7
  • I didn't like that the temp on the wine cooler was way off

The ETC is a luxury--it just happens to be one that I like. :love:
I couldn't agree with you more.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I just got my drawer for my Avanti in today from Mtmouse. I'm sold! Super fast shipping & a perfect snug fit. I was able to fit quite a good deal of my singles in the drawer. They don't look as deep in the pictures. I was surprised when I saw just what would fit in it. I'll post up some pictures later on.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
LOL...do you smoke Don Pepin made cigars exclusively?
The three 601 boxes actually just have singles in them as well. The J21 box holds all my A's & strange sizes. And the Pepin Black box is actually empty. I was just trying to take up some of the empty air space. But the drawer is pretty full. I do have to admit that most of my stuff is Tats & DPG. I like what I like. But I'm open to try anything. :smokingco

Tom

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hardcore, great looking setup. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Sadly, mine is still sitting in it's box where I put it after the FedEx gal brought it. After making sure the tax man gets his pound (or three) of flesh, I'll get going on settin mine up.

dpmrpa

Indiscriminate Bomber
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
So I would like to take some of my tax return this year & buy a vinotemp for my cigars. I'm pretty sure that I'd like a 28 bottle thermoelectric. Is there anywhere that I can get a good deal on one? I was told Target but they don't list them anymore. So if anyone knows where I can get a good deal on one please let me know. Also how do I regulate the temperature in it once I get it? I've never seen one before so I'm not sure how they work exactly.
PCrichards.com