What's new

I Got A Wineadore!

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Hey, your Vinotemp looks a lot like mine (surprise, surprise...they all look the same LOL) except I don't have the MTMOUSE shelves/drawers
i actually built the shelves myself this past weekend... (no offense mtmouse). im just proud of myself for making them and having them fit!

i only have passive humidification in there right now. im hoping to pick up a used cigar oasis at some point in case i need it when the cooler starts turning on and sucking out the humidity and maybe an ETC later this spring.

i never thought about removing the door... that might make it less appealing for my kids to open! haha.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Look great Duane! I think some of on the middle shelf are bad. You should send them to me to dispose of properly. :grinFU:

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
yeah yeah, that's what i meant, sorry. the shelf was made of scraps from the drawers. the three big pieces on the bottom were dividers from my tupperware that i threw in there.

i had my stepfather help me. it was pretty easy and fun to do with him. whole thing took probably 5 hours from the first cut to the last nail.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Look great Duane! I think some of on the middle shelf are bad. You should send them to me to dispose of properly. :grinFU:
Do you mean those CAO Americas? Yes, I imagine they are bad. Don't know why I bought them (I'm a sucker for that stuff sometimes).

So you want them? Is that what you're saying? :eyepoke:

Tom

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... Avanti from Beverage Factory. Avanti EWC280B 28-Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler .... / Auto Defrost / ....
Hardcore and jgaeta,

Great looking setup!

Are there any concerns about the auto defrost feature? Can not imagine why a wine cooler would require a auto defrost cycle. Is there a way to adjust the defrost time to zero, or to disable it?

Does the external temp. controller somehow restart the cool/defrost cycle timer each time it provides power to the cooler?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tom

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I have no issues with mine. I have a Brewer's Edge Controller that keeps my temp constant. I live in an old house & use window ac units in the summer months. I don't run them when I'm not home so the room can get very hot. That is the main reason I got the Avanti.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Also I think the auto defrost is just in case the unit drops to low of a temp. With my ETR I don't have to worry about that.

Tom

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most auto defrosts (to my understanding) work on a timer cycle. I was thinking that perhaps with the power to the unit being turned on and off by an external controller, this timing cycle might restart each time power is turned back on to the unit. Doubt there is very much defrosting action in the first place... the coolers just shouldn't need it.

Now that I think about it, if these coolers with the auto defrost were any kind of problem, someone would have said something by now. I've looked over old post and haven't seen a thing. Just wanting to make sure before ordering one.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
The ETC is a temperature controller.

I use mine to...well, accurately control the temperature.

Basically, the one built into the cooler itself is so inaccurate that it's often off by 10 degrees (or more!). It's inconsistent, to say the very least.

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The ETC is a temperature controller.

I use mine to...well, accurately control the temperature.

Basically, the one built into the cooler itself is so inaccurate that it's often off by 10 degrees (or more!). It's inconsistent, to say the very least.
Thanks Duane.
I knew it was a temp controller. I just didn’t know that the controllers in the coolers were so far off or inconsistent that it would require and external unit.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Yeah, sadly they are--or at least, the two different models/brands I've owned (Vinotemp and Avanti) have been that way.

On top of that, without an ETC they run 24/7.

With the ETC they only run for a few minutes here and there, when necessary.