What's new

Keto - Gettin Healthy on Steak and Bacon. Info, Tips, and Recipes

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Oi vey. If she's studying heart health and is worried about the fats, then they're teaching her information that's over 20 years old and waaaay behind the current science.

Arterial damage, likely from inflammation caused by sugar, leads to the calcification that creates the plaque that combines with very small particle ldl that leads to clogs.

Have her look at this - https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(17)32252-3/fulltext

As well as the farmingham study.

Have her check out this DeLauer video and check out the supporting links in its description.
I think they are definitely teaching them the "conventional science". It's the same thing you run into when you go to the doctor and you're a bit overweight or high blood pressure. They say okay, eat a low fat diet, no salt, etc. Same thinking I think

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
This may have been mentioned already, but everyone should watch “The Magic Pill” on Netflix. Keto is not just for weight loss.
It's affect on diabetes is impressive enough, but when you dig into how much benefit research is finding for cancer, dimensions and Alzheimers, it's amazing.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I think they are definitely teaching them the "conventional science". It's the same thing you run into when you go to the doctor and you're a bit overweight or high blood pressure. They say okay, eat a low fat diet, no salt, etc. Same thinking I think
It's one thing for a doctor who's been practicing for 40 years and who's only continuing education has come from drug reps, to be making bad outdated recommendations, but for them to still be teaching it in medical school is insane!

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
It's one thing for a doctor who's been practicing for 40 years and who's only continuing education has come from drug reps, to be making bad outdated recommendations, but for them to still be teaching it in medical school is insane!
The problem with this, is that they have to learn this old stuff to pass, the. Unlearning later for most people just goes away and you stick with what was drilled in your head.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
i think what i need to start doing is just cooking up a fuckload of steak madallions on the weekend so i can bring them to work/school because otherwise theres nothing but fast food shit for me to eat when i have the time in between class/work

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
i think what i need to start doing is just cooking up a fuckload of steak madallions on the weekend so i can bring them to work/school because otherwise theres nothing but fast food shit for me to eat when i have the time in between class/work
That's definitely something you can do. Meal and snack prep ahead of time can help you eat better in a big way.
Also nuts, beef jerky, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, sausage snacks, and cheese snack packs are all great on the go items that work fine.
And it's not hard to get a burger without a bun, something grilled, etc. Chipotle even has a "keto bowl" now.
But if you start eating this way, in a week or so, after the carb cravings pass and your body gets used to running on fat burning, you'll be able to go many hours without eating and it won't bother you at all. It's a crazy phenomenon.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Dude, tuna is great to take. I work out of a delivery truck so my only options are fast food, or bring a lunch that i can not heat up.
Also, a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, shred it up and bag it. I used romaine lettuce leafs like a taco shell with meat and a little ranch. Crazy good and filling.

iam6884

Layne
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Agreed.
It's safe to say I'm a huge skeptic of our government and, therefore, education system. Like with just about anything else in our world that involves mass deception, you have to follow the money. Big Pharma and all those that prophet from it have TRILLIONS to lose if this kind of information were to become main stream and widely accepted. There's ZERO interest to cure disease, just to mask the symptoms.
If you doubt any of this, your one of the hundreds of millions they laughingly refer to as "sheep".

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Agreed.
It's safe to say I'm a huge skeptic of our government and, therefore, education system. Like with just about anything else in our world that involves mass deception, you have to follow the money. Big Pharma and all those that prophet from it have TRILLIONS to lose if this kind of information were to become main stream and widely accepted. There's ZERO interest to cure disease, just to mask the symptoms.
If you doubt any of this, your one of the hundreds of millions they laughingly refer to as "sheep".
It's true that statins are one of the most profitable classes of all time. And when you look at the real comparative efficacy rate, it's atrocious.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
A buddy of mine (Keto skeptic, carb enthusiast for working out) says his nutritionist put him on 240g of carb a day (he does work out a ton) and less than 55g of fat per day.

I was shocked because I eat more fat than that and he works out 100x more than I do.