What's new

Kitty Litter - Experience so far

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
You guys have me a little curious now... My beads are getting old I think and starting to have an off smell. I may have to try this in a small humidor first. I have about four coffins laying around.
I just switched from beads to kl. Working out pretty good.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Can some one PM some info on KL.. What brands are good, and how to maintain it, And I saw one post said 6 spritz for one cup..

With the winter I find myself having to spray my beads more often and its getting quite annoying honestly

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Can some one PM some info on KL.. What brands are good, and how to maintain it, And I saw one post said 6 spritz for one cup..

With the winter I find myself having to spray my beads more often and its getting quite annoying honestly
Most things have been covered in this thread. about having to spraying you beads during the winter, that's pretty just normal. Your rh will drop with KL in the Winter too.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0

Most things have been covered in this thread. about having to spraying you beads during the winter, that's pretty just normal. Your rh will drop with KL in the Winter too.
Damn thanks bro

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I switched to KL with the guidance of the guru Cigary43 and I must say I love it. Haven't had to spritz it yet. It's a little more work to get it to where you want it if your as impatient as I am, but when it's there, it holds.

Nas

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
just bought my bag of exquisicat gels and then proceeded to buy the fish media bags and some treats for my dog while I was there. the girl at the register was like wow she probably thought I was in Peta, I said I'm all about the trifecta

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
just bought my bag of exquisicat gels and then proceeded to buy the fish media bags and some treats for my dog while I was there. the girl at the register was like wow she probably thought I was in Peta, I said I'm all about the trifecta
Lmao. You should have been like no I don't have pets I'm babysitting the neighbors kid.

Nas

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Lmao. You should have been like no I don't have pets I'm babysitting the neighbors kid.
loll I should of walked in with a members only jacket and rented a big van. there would of been an amber alert on me

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just a random side story, I first tried my KL with very little info on it.

I grabbed a media bag from PetSmart in addition to the KL, but I didn't realize you were supposed to lightly spritz the media bag after it was filled.

I thought I was supposed to dunk the full media bag into DW to fully soak the KL.

Not being a chemist, but knowing that people use fertilizer to make bombs, and not knowing a lot about sand and silica and all of that...

I dunked the media bag in the DW, and when I pulled the bag out of the water, literally the entire thing started smoking, I thought I had ignited a bomb.

It's really weird, if you're bored, take some of your dry, extra KL laying around and dunk a media bag full into water, it's pretty sketchy if you aren't expecting what it does.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Jeff that is hilarious. Definitely may try that.

I have used bovedas has my source of RH. It's is starting to be come tough as I need to rehydrate them so today I will going to the pet store and buying KL which will now begin as my new source of RH.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the stuff. I'm at the 1 year mark of using KL. I paid $5 for a 4 pound bag and still have half the bag left and am running a humidor and a coolidor.

The KL in the coolidor went 9 months holding rock steady between 65-67. I literally did not touch the KL in the coolidor for 9 months. I am more than pleased with KL.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Bought the 8lb bag of equisicat crystal at petsmart yesterday. It was the scented shit so it has to be thrown out now. Was going to use it to help with the HF beads I've had for years. Oh well. Anyone have a cat that can seriously use a whole bag?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use Mimi brand silica KL. Smaller than the exquisicat in terms of size, but works just as well. I use it in my 20qt tupperdor.

Since it's winter I would start the KL off dry. See what the rH is and add water (I use a small spray bottle from the dollar store) to the KL evenly. Some say 2 sprays for each rH under ur desired range. As for me, I had to spray more to raise the rH to where I wanted it. Also, I just put the KL in a small Plastic container. I may try the media bag to prevent spillage.

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Just about a month in with KL in the wineadore. Using Exquisicat and holding at 66%. I live in a dry area and have not needed to add any DW yet. Never used beads so can't comment on them. The only thing I changed from the start was the filter bags. One of the tips Rupe shared was to keep a shallow layer of KL. Real happy with this setup.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Ok so my question for this is what should I put the KL inside of. I have a small container. Should I use something else??
Try the outside of a small container :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk