What's new

Leaf Deals

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rolled. I'll try it tonight if I have time

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
So I tried each leaf I have individually. Here is what I wrote down:

Nic seco light and nutty

Corojo seco not as good flavor as nic seco, harsher, tangy?

Nic viso not much flavor, shower burn. Seco had more flavor. Wetter taste than Corojo.

Corojo viso mellower than Corojo seco. Drier taste to it than nic. I liked Corojo viso better than Corojo seco.

Nic ligero more powerful and better tasting than nic viso. Could make a whole cigar out of this stuff. Very Smokey. Show burning.

Corojo ligero couldn't get to burn it smoke much at all. Tastes like pipe tobacco, which to me is not good.

Corojo in general needs to be mixed with other flavors or the taste will make you feel sick.

Brazilian Habano viso tasted dark and earthy. Would go well with nic flavors but probably not Corojo because that is more tangy. Medium amount of smoke. Closer taste to nic than Corojo. Slightly nutty.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I tried each leaf I have individually. Here is what I wrote down:

Nic seco light and nutty

Corojo seco not as good flavor as nic seco, harsher, tangy?

Nic viso not much flavor, shower burn. Seco had more flavor. Wetter taste than Corojo.

Corojo viso mellower than Corojo seco. Drier taste to it than nic. I liked Corojo viso better than Corojo seco.

Nic ligero more powerful and better tasting than nic viso. Could make a whole cigar out of this stuff. Very Smokey. Show burning.

Corojo ligero couldn't get to burn it smoke much at all. Tastes like pipe tobacco, which to me is not good.

Corojo in general needs to be mixed with other flavors or the taste will make you feel sick.

Brazilian Habano viso tasted dark and earthy. Would go well with nic flavors but probably not Corojo because that is more tangy. Medium amount of smoke. Closer taste to nic than Corojo. Slightly nutty.
Hey, I think it might be cool to say which Nic seco, or in general affix either WLT or LO in front of leafs they both sell, such as Nic seco. They are completely different leafs from each other, so it's not trivial.

I would list the WLT Corojo seco as "not good," if I had two columns, good and not good. There are much better seco choices. It's much too powerful for what little it does to flavor and aroma. I have recently subbed it into other good blends that used other secos, and they were no longer good blends. Plus, the current pound I just bought was a shabby mess of scraps.

The WLT Corojo viso is a good leaf and loved by many, and can be used in lieu of ligero. So, you can use a seco, some other viso, plus this viso as a ligero, and have a good chance at success. It is a bit alkaloid and dry, though, the kind of leaf that causes some nasal friction sometimes, probably due to just-enough fermentation.

Don't know which Nic ligero you're rating, so can't comment.

As to mixing the Corojo seco, I'd say don't do it. Why put a shitty ingredient in with other good ones? It just brings them down.

Thanks for the report on the Braz viso, appreciate it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey, I think it might be cool to say which Nic seco, or in general affix either WLT or LO in front of leafs they both sell, such as Nic seco. They are completely different leafs from each other, so it's not trivial.

I would list the WLT Corojo seco as "not good," if I had two columns, good and not good. There are much better seco choices. It's much too powerful for what little it does to flavor and aroma. I have recently subbed it into other good blends that used other secos, and they were no longer good blends. Plus, the current pound I just bought was shabby mess of scraps.

The WLT Corojo viso is a good leaf and loved by many, and can be used in lieu of ligero. So, you can use a seco, some other viso, plus this viso as a ligero, and have a good chance at success. It is a bit alkaloid and dry, though, the kind of leaf that causes some nasal friction sometimes, probably do to just-enough fermentation.

As to mixing the Corojo seco, I'd say don't do it. Why put a shitty ingredient in with other good ones? It just brings them down.

It was lo nic, for each type. I'll definitely buy again.

My wlt Corojo seco was shabby as well. Now I have a pound I may never use.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It was lo nic, for each type. I'll definitely buy again.

My wlt Corojo seco was shabby as well. Now I have a pound I may never use.

It's brutal to just throw away pounds, but I've often had to do it. You can't really give it away; it's like, yeah, let's chuck some money to the Post Office so you can have this problem instead of me. It ain't cool. Then there's the hassle of trying to get a refund, mailing something back, time/money etc. for something that was $28. Yeah, that's money, but so is your time.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's brutal to just throw away pounds, but I've often had to do it. You can't really give it away; it's like, yeah, let's chuck some money to the Post Office so you can have this problem instead of me. It ain't cool. Then there's the hassle of trying to get a refund, mailing something back, time/money etc. for something that was $28. Yeah, that's money, but so is your time.
And quarter pounds almost don't seem worth it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I would list the WLT Corojo seco as "not good," if I had two columns, good and not good. There are much better seco choices. It's much too powerful for what little it does to flavor and aroma. I have recently subbed it into other good blends that used other secos, and they were no longer good blends. Plus, the current pound I just bought was a shabby mess of scraps.

The WLT Corojo viso is a good leaf and loved by many, and can be used in lieu of ligero. So, you can use a seco, some other viso, plus this viso as a ligero, and have a good chance at success. It is a bit alkaloid and dry, though, the kind of leaf that causes some nasal friction sometimes, probably due to just-enough fermentation.

Do you have any more reviews before the next time I order?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Do you have any more reviews before the next time I order?

Run some leaf SKUs by me and I'll tell you my experience with those leaves. I hadn't tried the Braz Viso before but that's a pretty new offering. Of course you never know what you're getting month to month, but yeah.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Run some leaf SKUs by me and I'll tell you my experience with those leaves. I hadn't tried the Braz Viso before but that's a pretty new offering. Of course you never know what you're getting month to month, but yeah.
Any experience with either sites Criollo?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Any experience with either sites Criollo?

Yes, all of them, but this is hard to answer. I keep a meticulous spreadsheet of every blend, every sample, every stick I smoke, and I had some real successes with Criollos from both places and then real failures later with nearly the same leaves, such that the variability of it led me to just abandon it entirely. Recently I tried the WLT ligero and didn't think it was great. Also recently smoked one of Nic's sticks with it and it was very good. Best I can say is, looking over about 60 of my Criollo blends, that the WLT Criollo seco is pretty good and so is the LO viso. They appeared in some good blends. But it's also possible they may suck. So you can see why I just finally said "screw it."

There is a section in my spreadsheet where the exact same "WLT Criollo seco purito," smoked one day apart, gave me "leather-chocolate," and then "rubbing alcohol and white pepper."

At its best, I think the various criollos give a "creamy chocolate," which isn't really something I'm looking for.