What's new

Leaf Deals

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Curious if it's good. So few places to go for leaf. I also wondered if you could buy from hand rolling shops. I still can't deal with the number and size of veins in most of my wrappers.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Veins manageable? What do you all do with Maduro wraps with big veins?
The veins on the Ecuadorian habano are tiny.

For the Broadleaf I use that has massive veins I only use 2" strips from the outermost edge of the leaf. I flatten the leaf with the semi rounded handle of the kitchen shears I use for cutting my bands and other cigar rolling related tasks I need them for. As the cigars dry the veins tend to shrink and aren't as noticeable. You can't eliminate it, and I am ok with that because I enjoy the flavor enough that the veins don't ruin it for me.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not that crap maduro wrapper! Check out leaf only's natural habano wrappers. I HATE that maduro leaf

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
This was the CT Maduro from LO. Is it the Ecuador shade wrappers you recommend? I need some good ideas as I'm trying to dial in on a good overall cigar blend. So far the veins are killing me. I can't seem to get them to go down so my socks look chewed up. I have that and pa oscuro. Not too happy with either of them.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The veins on the Ecuadorian habano are tiny.

For the Broadleaf I use that has massive veins I only use 2" strips from the outermost edge of the leaf. I flatten the leaf with the semi rounded handle of the kitchen shears I use for cutting my bands and other cigar rolling related tasks I need them for. As the cigars dry the veins tend to shrink and aren't as noticeable. You can't eliminate it, and I am ok with that because I enjoy the flavor enough that the veins don't ruin it for me.
Will a rolling pin make any difference?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Will a rolling pin make any difference?
I have tried things like beer bottles and rolling pins with less success than the handles on my kitchen shears direct to the veins themselves. You just have to be careful to keep the handle flat and not at an angle so you don't accidentally cut the leaf. They will work somewhat, but not as well.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have tried things like beer bottles and rolling pins with less success than the handles on my kitchen shears direct to the veins themselves. You just have to be careful to keep the handle flat and not at an angle so you don't accidentally cut the leaf. They will work somewhat, but not as well.
Good tip, thanks. Have you tried Mata Fina for San Andres? I really like San Andres I'm commercial cigars.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Good tip, thanks. Have you tried Mata Fina for San Andres? I really like San Andres I'm commercial cigars.
I have tried them both. The San Andrés has small veins and can be very pretty but doesn't tend to stretch much and can tear easy. The Mata Fina is what I wrap my straight ligero blend with and it is also difficult to work with but tasty once you figure it out in my opinion. The veins are small but they are not straight and it is a thin leaf that also tears easily.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have tried them both. The San Andrés has small veins and can be very pretty but doesn't tend to stretch much and can tear easy. The Mata Fina is what I wrap my straight ligero blend with and it is also difficult to work with but tasty once you figure it out in my opinion. The veins are small but they are not straight and it is a thin leaf that also tears easily.
I'm going to take all your recommendations into consideration when I make my next purchase. Thank you so much. Every buy any wrappers from WLT?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I'm going to take all your recommendations into consideration when I make my next purchase. Thank you so much. Every buy any wrappers from WLT?
I haven't bought any wrapper from them in a long time. Their quality/consistency for me was lacking in the past and I don't like having to commit to a pound on something I'm unsure of