What's new

Leaf Deals

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm going to take all your recommendations into consideration when I make my next purchase. Thank you so much. Every buy any wrappers from WLT?
My two cents: It's not WHO you buy from, so much as THE BATCH they have on hand. As an example, I bought a quarter pound of Nic wrapper from LO; then two three weeks later a pound of the same. Different size, color, texture, thinness, flavor. I have scored four different batches of Hab 2k from WLT. The first was superb, but none of the last three were useful. I scored a batch of absolutely ginormously perfect CT shade from FXSS; then, a year and a half later, he warned me I wouldn't like 'em, and he was right. Too small and fragile for much use. I was going to mail some to Bliss, but I would be embarrassed to send them.

Suppliers are as subject to the vagaries of annual crops as we are. Plus, they are buying a bale at a time from fellows they don't know in foreign countries who speak a different language and who are used to selling two freight cars at a time to their good drinking buddies and close cousins.

It's a crap shoot.

Best wrapper I have now is Ec seco shade from LO, Mata from LO, and PA broad from Butcher. Have no decent H2k or CT. Next year might be the other way round. I'm getting the impression I need to stockpile more wrapper than filler. When I find a decent leaf, stash it away.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My two cents: It's not WHO you buy from, so much as THE BATCH they have on hand. As an example, I bought a quarter pound of Nic wrapper from LO; then two three weeks later a pound of the same. Different size, color, texture, thinness, flavor. I have scored four different batches of Hab 2k from WLT. The first was superb, but none of the last three were useful. I scored a batch of absolutely ginormously perfect CT shade from FXSS; then, a year and a half later, he warned me I wouldn't like 'em, and he was right. Too small and fragile for much use. I was going to mail some to Bliss, but I would be embarrassed to send them.

Suppliers are as subject to the vagaries of annual crops as we are. Plus, they are buying a bale at a time from fellows they don't know in foreign countries who speak a different language and who are used to selling two freight cars at a time to their good drinking buddies and close cousins.

It's a crap shoot.

Best wrapper I have now is Ec seco shade from LO, Mata from LO, and PA broad from Butcher. Have no decent H2k or CT. Next year might be the other way round. I'm getting the impression I need to stockpile more wrapper than filler. When I find a decent leaf, stash it away.
What are the two sources you mention fxss and butcher?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What are the two sources you mention fxss and butcher?
FXSS is FX Smith's Sons -- a cigar manufacturer in McSherrystown PA since 1862. I run their web site: fxsmithssons.com . He doesn't sell tobacco yet; but I've almost got him talked him into it. Last time I was up there, his natural broadleaf had to be two feet long at least. Beautiful leaves. He has a family secret five day way of turning it into oscuro, gives it a toasty flavor.

Larry Butcher is a tobacco farmer in Kentucky and a great guy. Goes by the moniker BigBonner at the FTT forum. Rolls his own cigars and grows a limited amount of cigar tobacco. I started making him a web site but he never uses it. Go to FairTradeTobacco.com in order to contact him. Tinnitus prevents him talking on the phone, but you can contact his wife Sherry or leave him a PM. He grew a small amount of Silver River and of Sumatra last year. I hope he grows more this year. His stuff is not aged; just air cured; so you might wanna stash it a year or two before serious use.

Every once in a while we hit upon a limited supplier; but the two main houses remain WLT and LO.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Okay now, I don't know wtf that is, but I purchased.... thanks MarcL!
As of this moment, 48 hours after I purchased a pound online with my cc, there is no charge on my card and no acknowledgement of purchase from Codio. It's still early Monday so it's possible they haven't got their shiz together yet; also possible there's no one reading whatever that form outputs...

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
As of this moment, 48 hours after I purchased a pound online with my cc, there is no charge on my card and no acknowledgement of purchase from Codio. It's still early Monday so it's possible they haven't got their shiz together yet; also possible there's no one reading whatever that form outputs...
I dropped them an email asking for a verification that they'd received my order. Here's the email response:
"Ok,
I see your email just that the online store is having some technical problem. I will get back to you as soon it is fix.

Thanks."

Unfortunately he didn't respond to the second part of my query, along the lines of, So, bro, hook a bruthah up with some filler?"

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I called a couple minutes ago. I told him you put in an order. he said the website and lapyap should be back on wednesday and to call then.
I'll say I don't think he deals with the site himself. he did answer the phone with hello only so, will see.
I did ask about other leaf, he said he would give me a number to call about it, he did not. I ask if it was from OTco, he said it was from a warehouse and, it was grown in Ecuador.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called a couple minutes ago. I told him you put in an order. he said the website and lapyap should be back on wednesday and to call then.
I'll say I don't think he deals with the site himself. he did answer the phone with hello only so, will see.
I did ask about other leaf, he said he would give me a number to call about it, he did not. I ask if it was from OTco, he said it was from a warehouse and, it was grown in Ecuador.
They're located in Clifton N.J. Is this where the leaf ships out from? He's involved in a realty business as well.
It doesn't appear they're ready to do business yet. There's no information about the leaf on the web site.
I'm curious to hear if they respond to orders and wish you guys good luck but I'm sitting on the side lines on this one.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
They're located in Clifton N.J. Is this where the leaf ships out from? He's involved in a realty business as well.
It doesn't appear they're ready to do business yet. There's no information about the leaf on the web site.
I'm curious to hear if they respond to orders and wish you guys good luck but I'm sitting on the side lines on this one.
Seems like I'm always the Yuri Gagarin on these deals. :dead:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He was not specific about where the warehouse is or, who's it was when I ask if it was Oliva Tobacco and/or, Connecticut seed. Only that it was grown in Ecuador. looking at there fb page, is seem they are active in event rollings. He did say there is a Dominican factory where they make cigars.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There are YouTube videos of Codio factories and possibly tobacco fields as well in the DR. The videos imply they grow at least some of their own leaf, probably your typical piloto; and then they'd get, as per the usual for these small DR operations, their wrapper from Ecuador.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Google maps can't find them
Here's their pic of the address:

Which of these looks like cigars? My money's on the New Deli Mart. You?
Close but no ... well, you know the saying. If you scroll down first a little and read some before you click, or, zoom in and look at the number first it would land you at the best guess for your money.
So no, the New Deli Mart would be 313. His "Business Mail Address" of Codio Cigars is 311 which is also A 2nd Chance Group Realty LLC and, his name is Fausto Codio. Tomorrow we should see if he is still using this address or not when he said his website would be updated.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Close but no ... well, you know the saying. If you scroll down first a little and read some before you click, or, zoom in and look at the number first it would land you at the best guess for your money.
So no, the New Deli Mart would be 313. His "Business Mail Address" of Codio Cigars is 311 which is also A 2nd Chance Group Realty LLC and, his name is Fausto Codio. I didn't bother to see how him being charged as a alleged co-conspirator of fraudulent mortgage applications in 2015 turned out but, that's me. I'm not buying a house, I'm interested in tobacco. Tomorrow we should see if he is still using this address or not when he said his website would be updated.
Word up.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So no, the New Deli Mart would be 313. His "Business Mail Address" of Codio Cigars is 311 which is also A 2nd Chance Group Realty LLC and, his name is Fausto Codio. Tomorrow we should see if he is still using this address or not when he said his website would be updated.
OTOH, the google map captions that address 312. Which would leave one wondering what's across the street. Go google it up, and then swirl the pic. I think it's a muffler shop or sumpin over the other side of the street. At least here at the deli they've got signs in Spanish.

Point is, no such cigar business.

We need someone lives close enough to drive over there, do a little leg work. It's two hours away from me; plus, even more importantly, it's north joisey.