Votes: 35 20.1%
  • Torpedo

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Other: See my post.

Votes: 30 17.2%

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Tonight I smoked a stogie from one of my favorite lines, Joya De Nicaragua Antano 1970. I've had a ton of the Consuls, Gran Consuls and Robustos but, tonight it was a Churchill. I have never liked Churchills. The draw tight, they smoke FOREVER, the ratio of wrapper to filler just never works for me.

What about you? Is there a size/vitola you really don't like?

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
For me, it really depends on how the blend works with the vitola. I mostly don't like rings over 60, but that's just because they aren't that comfortable to smoke for me. I have had cigars that were great for me in robusto, but the churchill of the same blend didn't work for me and vice-verse, but I can't say there is a particular vitola that's my least favorite.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
there is a point, when you are smoking a cigar for 2 or more hours, that you just become bored with it.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Just not a big fan of churchills or the longer sticks... Im much happier with a smaller beli or robusto. Even Toros I don't usually smoke, but I prefer them to the Churchills.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Churchills are nice if they are 47 rg (or would that make it a Julieta?) The 7 x 54 churchills and the like are just too much leaf thou.

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
there is a point, when you are smoking a cigar for 2 or more hours, that you just become bored with it.
Amen to that. Not to mention, if you're smoking something really strong, 7" of stick is just too much. I also don't like the huge ring gauges. A stick that produces a ton of smoke with an easy draw will compensate for this, though, for me.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Large sticks like Churchills, double coronas, etc etc are not for me. Mainly because I usually smoke by myself these days, and the weather is getting chilly - so I don't want to be out there forever

Bowhnter

Backyard Smoker
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I usually base on how much time I have, which may be wrong...

So with this being said, how do you find out which vitola the blender actually had in mind for the taste he was going for in a particular brand?

Being rather new with a limited palate, I would rather start there when trying new cigars.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
So with this being said, how do you find out which vitola the blender actually had in mind for the taste he was going for in a particular brand.
Being rather new with a limited palate, I would rather start there when trying new cigars.
Honestly, I aim at the size I like, Lancero or Petite Corona, maybe a small figurado or perfecto. If I don't like It, it does not matter if the blender was going for a perfect Churchill. I don't generally like Churchills and won't buy one even if that's supposed to be the best in the line.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Small, long cigars (lancero, panatela) have never really done it for me :dunno:. I keep trying them, but they just don't feel right and I've had some burn issues with them.

Dan

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Big fat cigars (6 x 60's and the like), and little fat cigars (nub-style). Both are awful.
That's one of my favorite sizes and I've found them to be quite delicious. :tiphat:

I'm not a fan of particularly thin ring gauges most of the time, though there are some lanceros out there that I enjoy occasionally.

SuperKrishna

Guyanese Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I like Lanceros and Perfectos, but prefer 6x60s. My favorite cigar of all time is the LFD DL 700. It's a 6.5x60.
But . . .
I'm a big guy. 6'5" 350lbs. If I spread out my hand, from pinky to thumb is 11". My ring size is a 15. I have very large hands and the big sticks fit me better. I also prefer the complex flavors I can get out of a larger ring gauge.