Votes: 35 20.1%
  • Torpedo

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Other: See my post.

Votes: 30 17.2%

• Total voters
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Ring gauges like 60 and up. They are uncomfortable for me to hold in my mouth. I have to give it my full attention and can't free my hands up to do anything else. Plus the amount of niccotine really messes me up. I had a diesel shorty the other day and felt sick. My buds say I take too many drags too often. I smoke once a week, maybe two at most. I consider having a cigar a treat like dessert and these mammoth sticks are too much all at once. I would prefer the same tobacco rolled a bit thinner and longer.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually base on how much time I have, which may be wrong...

So with this being said, how do you find out which vitola the blender actually had in mind for the taste he was going for in a particular brand?

Being rather new with a limited palate, I would rather start there when trying new cigars.

Same here it all depends on time and what I'm doing.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
culebra ..while they look cool I think they are silly.
They are silly but man they taste GREAT (Partagas Culebra that is)!

I smoke all vitolas.

I choose the vitola I will smoke by two conditions:

1) by how much time I actually have available to smoke, and

2) Most Importantly, how the cigar tastes. I don't care what size it is...as long as it tastes good! A lot of people in this thread are getting hung up on comfort or how it feels. Try and get past that and you will discover some fantastic cigars out there you never would have tried before.

I'll give you an example:

I know a guy who will not smoke penatelas or petit coronas because they "don't look mannly". Sounds silly but when it comes down to it, he is missing out on some wonderful cigars because of his hangups.

Of course I have my preferences (corona gordas, lonsdale or robusto), but long, short, fat or skinny....if it tastes good and I have the time, I'll smoke it.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I don't like any cigars with a RG larger than 56. To me, it's just an excuse to wrap a crappy leaf over mediocre filler. Plus they're awkward to smoke.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
54 or more is a no go. Not a big fan of the fat ones either, they're tough to get a grip on and feel weird in my mouth. Simply stated they're too much of a pain in the ass to be enjoyable.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Churchill. Usually go out on me or I don't finish it and feel like it was a waste. If I want to smoke that long I will usually bring more smokes, that way I have more variety.

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Im not a fan of the larger cigars, only because I can't smoke that long. I'm hoping to one day have the tolerance to light up a big churchill or the like. I have a few at the bottom of the humidor waiting for me:ccool:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Churchills. Don't care for the big, fat, long cigars...as it seems many here have said as well. It's not so much the length, I love lanceros and a good lonsdale now and then, but I just don't care for really big RG cigars, especially when they are long as well. I still like a good Robusto, but once they get beyond that, not so much.

That being said, every now and then I'll get a hankering for one.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I'm shocked at how many people don't like churchills! Please everyone, send your Sir Winstons to me! Seriously, I'll gladly trade for them! Other CC churchills too!

For me... I'm not a big fan of torpedos. I don't like the feel of the tapered head. I prefer straight sides.