Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Other: See my post.

Votes: 30 17.2%

• Total voters

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Not a fan of the rg's bigger than 52, voted for torpedo as that would be my least favorite of those listed. Just never cared for them,

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I'm not a fan of huge ring guages, whether they're long or short sticks.

I really enjoyed a Nub Connecticut 464, but the whole time I was thinking "the flavours are nice, but I'd prefer a longer, thinner stick".

It seems 5x50 is absolutely perfect for me.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Anything over a 56 ring falls into the category of least favorite for me.
Ditto. A Tony Signature Soprano may be delicious but it is way too big for my liking. Any Nub cigar is just ridiculous. I want to enjoy smoking a fine cigar, not have a gigantic phallus-like object in my mouth.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I also have a relatively small mouth, so when it's a huge ring guage, I find it hard to get the "leverage" to pull a good amount of smoke out of it.

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I went with other. I can usually find something I like in most vitolas, but the short fat cigars like the Nubs dont really do much for me. I don't normally like a ring gauge bigger than a 52 or 54 but there are a few exceptions. Its not that I dont like the flavor in some of the Nub blends, its just a 64 ring gauge cigar, especially at 4 inches long isnt a comfortable smoke for me.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I tend to stay away from fatties. I prefer corona sized cigars really. I like lanceros, and other skinnier smokes. I smoked a face on tuesday night and well it was a good cigar but that might be the one and only that I smoke because it's not an enjoyable size for me to smoke. Too much puffing required for me to get it to burn properly where with a lance or corona I can more or less sip it and it burns perfectly for me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im one of the strange people that is not a fan of the robusto. i feel that im just getting into it and its almost over. but for some reason when you keep the length, but get a smaller ring you get a corona, and that is one of my favorites. they develop quick and are my cigar of choice for a "quicker smoke"
the robusto just never feels right for me.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
A real Churchill is about 7x47-48 those are fine with me. Larger Double Coronas or Presidentes are a little big, but if I had to pick one I dont like it is those little bitty 4.25x30 Joyitas, I hate those.

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
No coronas and petite coronas, I do like corona gordas though. I dont want to blow through a cigar in 25-30 minutes. I like every cigar I smoke to last at least an hour and a half. I dont like anything below a 46 RG unless its a lancero, but I prefer fat cigars for the most part as long as the big RG works for the blend. 5.5 plus inches and 52+ RG is what I perfer since I get a slow cool burn and at least 1.5 hours of smoke time.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
My favorites are churchills and double coronas, but it depends on the blend. Coronas are also great, especially in the more spicy cigars.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I actually don't mind a 2 hour smoke if I've got 2 hours. The big ring gauge is what kills me. Just feels big and uncomfortable when I'm puffing on it.

Anyone else think the "bigger and stronger" trend among cigar makers has just about peaked?

-Charles

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I actually don't mind a 2 hour smoke if I've got 2 hours. The big ring gauge is what kills me. Just feels big and uncomfortable when I'm puffing on it.

Anyone else think the "bigger and stronger" trend among cigar makers has just about peaked?

-Charles

I'm just getting into cigars and I already am thinking this.

With some cigars it seems more about a test of "can you handle the strength" than an attempt to create a great flavour profile.

Another size I'm not too huge on - perfecto. I've smoked three of them, all different sized perfectos and all different brands, but all had similar problems.

The main one being that so much of the cigar is wasted before you really start enjoying the smoke. Not only is a significant length cut off the end with your cutter, but I find the draw to be very firm and yield very little smoke until the burn line gets past the tapering at the foot.

It's just a pointless size to me.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I'm not one for huge cigars typically, and since I almost never have the time, I seldom smoke Churchills or Presidentes. When I do have time to enjoy a big cigar, it's going to be something I really love.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I'm not one for huge cigars typically, and since I almost never have the time, I seldom smoke Churchills or Presidentes.

Yep!

Time is a big factor. I really like Robusto's and Toro's because I know that in 90 minutes I will be done, no question.

Once I get to 2+ hours, I start feeling a bit ancy. And as someone else mentioned earlier, unless it's an incredibly complex cigar with lots of flavour transitions, 2+ hours can get a little boring.