What's new

Let's see how you store your cigars.

JFiz

What the shit man
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It's been 4 days since I started seasoning the trays. I wiped them down lightly with dw twice at the start. I have 2 ingredient bowls with dw and an 84 boveda. It's been reading 88 the last 2 days. I think I'm about to stick my 65's in there to see where it settles.
seasoning.jpg
John

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Bottom line is Cigars are a major investment of good money. You have to store them in proper container, be it wooden humidor, Tupper-ware, plastic container etc. That will protect your investment.

Other wise you are throwing your money in the trash. Boveda's are recycleable, if you are buy new, and not rehydrating you have more $'s then I do. Rehydrate, and buy more Ciogar with savings.:cigar:

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I started with a cheap and small wood humidor and quickly migrated to the CC-100.
View attachment 109488
Love mine. You can fit a round front mount Hygroset in place of the analog unit with a little sanding. I keep mine in the basement so unplugged the peltier and heat sink fan. The light, temp reading and internal circ fan still work. Using Bovedas and rock solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love mine. You can fit a round front mount Hygroset in place of the analog unit with a little sanding. I keep mine in the basement so unplugged the peltier and heat sink fan. The light, temp reading and internal circ fan still work. Using Bovedas and rock solid.

What trays are you using on the shelves? Do the go all the way to the back? I’ve been looking for trays that utilize more space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
Nice setup! How did you unplug the peltier and heat sink fan? I would like to replicate your setup. I don't mind the analog - it seems to be somewhat accurate.

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
What trays are you using on the shelves? Do the go all the way to the back? I’ve been looking for trays that utilize more space.
I'm using the existing shelves that came with the CC-100 and just added sides, front and back using a table saw to cut a small channel. I also made a shelf for the last open slot that is currently getting seasoned. I'll post a pic when it's complete.

cc-100_drawers.jpg

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I'm using the existing shelves that came with the CC-100 and just added sides, front and back using a table saw to cut a small channel. I also made a shelf for the last open slot that is currently getting seasoned. I'll post a pic when it's complete.

View attachment 109584
Now that’s nice. Better than my trays. Been thinking about just attaching the trays to the shelves with some picture hanging strips.

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
Now that’s nice. Better than my trays. Been thinking about just attaching the trays to the shelves with some picture hanging strips.
I went the cheap route since I had shelves already. Windeadors does sell a compete drawer for around $32 I believe.

I know I post d about it but I’ll have to see if I can dig it up.
Excellent! That would be great if you can find that!

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Nice setup! How did you unplug the peltier and heat sink fan? I would like to replicate your setup. I don't mind the analog - it seems to be somewhat accurate.
Finally found my old post. I was having issues as it seems like the Peltier was drawing a small amount of power and cooling just slightly regardless if the temp was set above actual temp. There was a 2% variance in RH top to bottom.

Here's a pic of the wires I disconnected to the thermo unit. It's the bundle of wires that run inside behind the heat sink. Its a pair of black wires that go to the white plug second up from the bottom left corner. I also ended up unplugging the exterior heat sink cooling fan which are the paired red and black going to the white plug second from the top left. All other functions still work; interior circ fan, temp readout and light. RH hasn't dropped after plugging the unit back in with the thermo unit disconnected. This confirms that some voltage is getting to the thermo unit regardless of the temp is below the set point.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
157   0   0
Finally found my old post. I was having issues as it seems like the Peltier was drawing a small amount of power and cooling just slightly regardless if the temp was set above actual temp. There was a 2% variance in RH top to bottom.

Here's a pic of the wires I disconnected to the thermo unit. It's the bundle of wires that run inside behind the heat sink. Its a pair of black wires that go to the white plug second up from the bottom left corner. I also ended up unplugging the exterior heat sink cooling fan which are the paired red and black going to the white plug second from the top left. All other functions still work; interior circ fan, temp readout and light. RH hasn't dropped after plugging the unit back in with the thermo unit disconnected. This confirms that some voltage is getting to the thermo unit regardless of the temp is below the set point.
Right-click... Save Image... - that's great! Thanks for digging this up!