What's new

Let's see how you store your cigars.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I thought I had posted this before, but couldn't find it. Here's my setup.

Left one is at 65% and is for long term storage, mostly holds the boxes from my kids' birth months right now.

The right one is at 62% and is for stuff I'm smoking from now, all loose singles/fivers. I don't smoke as often as I'd like, so I'm thinking of raising the rH in this one for long term storage as well, and getting a much smaller storage container for the stuff I'm smoking in the near term.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I thought I had posted this before, but couldn't find it. Here's my setup.

Left one is at 65% and is for long term storage, mostly holds the boxes from my kids' birth months right now.

The right one is at 62% and is for stuff I'm smoking from now, all loose singles/fivers. I don't smoke as often as I'd like, so I'm thinking of raising the rH in this one for long term storage as well, and getting a much smaller storage container for the stuff I'm smoking in the near term.

what are they sitting on?

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
what are they sitting on?
Sorry for the delayed response, was off the grid for a few days.

They're each sitting on their own IkEA end table. Not sure what they're called but they're like $8ea, and deep enough to accommodate a wine cooler perfectly.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Couldn't find the thread I was looking for that I explained how I used Bovedas in my huimidor, so I'll share it here. Had to clear some space after JFire bombed me, so I sorted out the smokes, moved a bunch of cheaper smokes to a cheap desktop that I relined/reworked, and moved some others to an ammo can with Bovedas.

I keep a layer on the bottom. Keeps the cigars off the wood, avoiding risk of abrasion. I have a handful scattered throughout, but a layer across the entire bottom. The box with the black nylon wrapped over it at the top right has 1.5# of HF beads. When the hygrometers are reading low AND I notice the Bovedas shrinking, I overcharge the beads and replace em. Within a week or two the Bovedas are plumping up. Haven't had any issues or headaches with this setup.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Very cool of you. I wish my pops was still around so that I could enjoy a smoke with him on the patio. I'm very envious of you guys that still have your dads around. I miss mine everyday. This June will mark his one year since passing.
Lost mine 6 years ago. Very few days go by where I don't think of him..

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Very cool of you. I wish my pops was still around so that I could enjoy a smoke with him on the patio. I'm very envious of you guys that still have your dads around. I miss mine everyday. This June will mark his one year since passing.
I hope you're holding up allright, and I do feel very lucky to still have him around. Even at 37 I still turn to him for advice of all sorts.