What's new

Luckysaturn13 s Dog Rocket Reviews!

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Dags and Rockets
tumblr_inline_o2ehteUStp1qgp297_500.gif
Well I grabbed some rockets and hit the open road today. Making sure I had a drink and had a roll of shop towels close. The journey begins.
20180601_154509.jpg

I grab stick H4 and lit it up. At first I was kinda nervous that I just wouldn't light . Not wet, just didn't take to the flame. Bear wasn't impressed...rip in the wrapper, sloppy double cap. Very light hint of earth and something musky...like that stail smell of an attic. The first inch it seemed like was on the verge of going out.
The reacurring theme of this cigars was meh...just uneventful. The first 3rd I was just waiting for some flavor to pop out. Anything...but it never came. I was waiting for some earth and leather, waiting for something to ramp up.
Nothing!

The second 3rd hit and I'm questioning if I'm about to get a raging sinus infection. The burn line is great, no touch ups, great draw, zero flavor. The dog has now gone to the back seat and won't look at me. I'm being shunned by my best friend. We smoke and drive all the time, never once got this type of cold shoulder. Shame is setting in and my tears have more of a flavor profile. Waiting....
20180601_171004.jpg
Either of us can take it anymore. The awkward glances, the deep harbored shame. The 5 bottles of water and the last of the coffee was to much. I was hoping for the nicotine to hit at some point, but it never creeped up. I pretty sure I could have lit back to back sticks all day and would i still won't get any vitamin N.
RemoteInsignificantCollardlizard-max-1mb.gif
Would I smoke it again? Sure, if I needed to waste an hour, didn't want to taste a thing and have to bribe my dog to sit next to me...

Attachments

Last edited:

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Dags and Rockets
View attachment 114719
Well I grabbed some rockets and hit the open road today. Making sure I had a drink and had a roll of shop towels close. The journey begins.
View attachment 114718

I grab stick H4 and lit it up. At first I was kinda nervous that I just wouldn't light . Not wet, just didn't take to the flame. Bear wasn't impressed...rip in the wrapper, sloppy double cap. Very light hint of earth and something musky...like that stail smell of an attic. The first inch it seemed like was on the verge of going out.
The reacurring theme of this cigars was meh...just uneventful. The first 3rd I was just waiting for some flavor to pop out. Anything...but it never came. I was waiting for some earth and leather, waiting for something to ramp up.
Nothing!

The second 3rd hit and I'm questioning if I'm about to get a raging sinus infection. The burn line is great, no touch ups, great draw, zero flavor. The dog has now gone to the back seat and won't look at me. I'm being shunned by my best friend. We smoke and drive all the time, never once got this type of cold shoulder. Shame is setting in and my tears have more of a flavor profile. Waiting....
View attachment 114721
Either of us can take it anymore. The awkward glances, the deep harbored shame. The 5 bottles of water and the last of the coffee was to much. I was hoping for the nicotine to hit at some point, but it never creeped up. I pretty sure I could have lit back to back sticks all day and would i still won't get any vitamin N.
View attachment 114717
Would I smoke it again? Sure, if I needed to waste an hour, didn't want to taste a thing and have to bribe my dog to sit next to me...
Soooooo herf or turd? What's your say?
Also...
Do you want to know what it is?

BigSkySmoke

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Soooooo herf or turd? What's your say?
Also...
Do you want to know what it is?
Oh man that's hard. On one hand I want to smoke another one just so see if it is a complete dud. On the other, I don't want to waste an hour on another one. I'll say turd...

What was it?

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Oh man that's hard. On one hand I want to smoke another one just so see if it is a complete dud. On the other, I don't want to waste an hour on another one. I'll say turd...
Oh, gosh. I think I got my numbers mixed up.

Let me double check when I am back home.

Last edited:

BigSkySmoke

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Oh, gosh. I think I got my numbers mixed up.

Let me double check when I am back home.

H4 identity to be confirmed later today
I was kinda thinking that the wrapper on the one I smoked was really dark. Granted wrapper color from a stock pic and a random stick are gonna be different. Now I'm intrigued!

Last edited:

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0

What was it?
Now that I am home and have access to the key instead of my doggy memory, we can formally declare that your nose is off.

Turd H4 is not.

OK it isn't an Opus X. But it isn't crap.

We're talking about a perdomo lot 23

Perdomo Lot 23 is an incredible value that rivals the finest Connecticut wrapped cigars at a fraction of the price.

In 2000, Nick Perdomo planted an experimental crop of tobacco on a small plot of land appropriately named Lot 23. It is here that the golden tobacco leaves of Lot 23 were harvested for extended fermentation. When the tobacco was ready for blending, Nick was shocked to find the cigar did not blend well with foreign tobaccos, but rather was ideal when blended with tobacco from the same field.

The resulting Lot 23 cigar is composed of 100% puro tobacco from one field in Esteli. Medium-bodied with a silky Connecticut-seed wrapper, this creamy cigar offers a cedar-like character with toasty nuances, culminating into one of the best-balanced Nicaraguan cigars on the market.

Verdict: Herf-worthy midgrade stick