What's new

Luckysaturn13 s Dog Rocket Reviews!

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
It was the closet with old hockey jerseys from past rec leagues... also some foam footballs, some other dog rockets, my Cinderella dress and wig, an electric manscaper that I'd forgotten that I own until I was digging through the closet this morning, and a couple plastic bags that I think are just trash that I haven't thrown out yet, but didn't bother to check the contents
Woooooooow! That sounds like it has amazing potential. :eek: :wtf: :sick::depressed:

Fantastic review Craig! @gurgalunas

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Also, look what I found
View attachment 129404

An almost full box of THE Panama Red blend no 5, completely neglected (aged?) in a closet since I moved into my house in April 2015. I think we should do something epic with these
All I can think of is Ralphie from "A Christmas Story" - - "Ohhhhhhh fuuuuuuuuuuuuudge"

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Cigar page has ACrap on sale....starting at .99 for those who dare!
This is an amazing deal! I recommend getting at least a wineador full of these tasty buggers. In fact, if you happen to have a local BandM, I suggest buying the store, throwing out the scrap heap stock that some idiot chose, and filling the whole damn thing with A Crops. I mean, with a deal like this on these tasty sumamabishes, WHY NOT!?!?

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Some of you may recall I went on a search for a Panama Red #5 back in January. The goal was to find and smoke one in tribute to our friend LuckySaturn13. Well, my search was in vain... until yesterday, when a box arrived from Jamie @multi-useless . After seeing that he found some in his closet, I asked if he could remove and scan the band from one of them for a project I'm considering. He insisted that I do it myself, so he sent me a 5er... Not exactly what I was going for, but what do you expect from BOTL.

Having spent 2 years in the closet, these things are dry AF. Lots of staining on the celo, but not sure if that's on the inside from the cigar, or on the outside from the old hockey jerseys stored in the same closet.
20190205_130610.jpg
Aroma is grassy. Not bad, but I'd bet it's just lulling me into a false sense of security. The prelight adds a bit of plastic to the grass. Does that make it astroturf?

First few puffs are actually pleasant. Sweet hay, leather. The dry head didnt take the v-cutter really well, so it's already needing some gentle TLC. A split near the foot is leaking smoke too. A slight barnyard/horse stall note creeps in, but not yet strong enough to retch from. The sweetness is slowly taking a back seat, leaving just hay. Burning grass. Not pleasant, but not yet a disaster. I'm enjoying this, not as a good cigar, but enjoying the fact I'm able to see my self surviving an infamously bad rocket.

Very light on smoke. I think there is another split here someplace thats not apparent. Shit. Just realized I forgot to bring a refreshment along. Had hoped a dr pepper or rootbeer would help me through this. Ahhh, there is the split. About 1/2" long, discovered as I entered the 2/3 mark. Another inch and it will be gone. I bet that's when things will get bad...
20190205_134913.jpg
Yeah, flavor is disappearing. Cardboard, and not the wood fiber aspect. More the glue that holds it together. My palate is starting to pick up ashtray notes between draws. A bitterness is creeping in. Kinda brings back memories of staining a deck.

Up to this point, the burn had surprisingly been pretty even. Now, approaching the 3/3, its canoeing like a bastard. The bitterness, wood stain, ashtray is ramping up like it's trying to make me pay for getting off easy on the first half. I cuss at it some, and I think I hear it laughing at me...
20190205_140849.jpg
Definitely into the final third now, and the familiar railroad tie flavor is showing up, like a chemical burn on my tongue. I'm gonna tough it out, though. Really wish I hadn't done this on an empty stomach, though. Wait, a brief moment of tobacco... nope. Very brief. Badly charred chicken on the grill. A hint of mothballs. I'm spitting every 5 seconds now. Not sure if it's the pre-vomit mouth watering, or my salivary glands trying to dilute poison my body suspects I just consumed.

Aaaaand done. Not a moment too soon. Time to brush my teeth, tongue, gums, cheeks, and as far down my trachea as my toothbrush can reach...

By the way, after consulting with Jamie, we decided I shouldn't hog all the glory from the bomb he laid upon my doorstep. After all, this smoke is dedicated to Aaron's memory. These should be shared with some of you that knew him best... So, without further adieu...
20190205_144108.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Some of you may recall I went on a search for a Panama Red #5 back in January. The goal was to find and smoke one in tribute to our friend LuckySaturn13. Well, my search was in vain... until yesterday, when a box arrived from Jamie @multi-useless . After seeing that he found some in his closet, I asked if he could remove and scan the band from one of them for a project I'm considering. He insisted that I do it myself, so he sent me a 5er... Not exactly what I was going for, but what do you expect from BOTL.

Having spent 2 years in the closet, these things are dry AF. Lots of staining on the celo, but not sure if that's on the inside from the cigar, or on the outside from the old hockey jerseys stored in the same closet.
View attachment 130556
Prelight aroma is grassy. Not bad, but I'd bet it's just lulling me into a false sense of security. The predraw adds a bit of plastic to the grass. Does that make it astroturf?

First few puffs are actually pleasant. Sweet hay, leather. The dry head didnt take the v-cutter really well, so it's already needing some gentle TLC. A split near the foot is leaking smoke too. A slight barnyard/horse stall note creeps in, but not yet strong enough to retch from. The sweetness is slowly taking a back seat, leaving just hay. Burning grass. Not pleasant, but not yet a disaster. I'm enjoying this, not as a good cigar, but enjoying the fact I'm able to see my self surviving an infamously bad rocket.

Very light on smoke. I think there is another split here someplace thats not apparent. Shit. Just realized I forgot to bring a refreshment along. Had hoped a dr pepper or rootbeer would help me through this. Ahhh, there is the split. About 1/2" long, discovered as I entered the 2/3 mark. Another inch and it will be gone. I bet that's when things will get bad...
View attachment 130557
Yeah, flavor is disappearing. Cardboard, and not the wood fiber aspect. More the glue that holds it together. My palate is starting to pick up ashtray notes between draws. A bitterness is creeping in. Kinda brings back memories of staining a deck.

Up to this point, the burn had surprisingly been pretty even. Now, approaching the 3/3, its canoeing like a bastard. The bitterness, wood stain, ashtray is ramping up like it's trying to make me pay for getting off easy on the first half. I cuss at it some, and I think I hear it laughing at me...
View attachment 130558
Definitely into the final third now, and the familiar railroad tie flavor is showing up, like a chemical burn on my tongue. I'm gonna tough it out, though. Really wish I hadn't done this on an empty stomach, though. Wait, a brief moment of tobacco... nope. Very brief. Badly charred chicken on the grill. A hint of mothballs. I'm spitting every 5 seconds now. Not sure if it's the pre-vomit mouth watering, or my salivary glands trying to dilute poison my body suspects I just consumed.

Aaaaand done. Not a moment too soon. Time to brush my teeth, tongue, gums, cheeks, and as far down my trachea as my toothbrush can reach...

By the way, after consulting with Jamie, we decided I shouldn't hog all the glory from the bomb he laid upon my doorstep. After all, this smoke is dedicated to Aaron's memory. These should be shared with some of you that knew him best... So, without further adieu...
View attachment 130560
Yep, sounds about like what i remember. Cardboard and hay. The last part must be from the aging process.
I was also thinking about this thread this morning and how we probably need to get things rolling.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
First things first, as some of you know, we have an oppening on the DRP board of directors. Since Bondo has left us, we have some pretty big shoes to fill in the graphic arts department. Nobody will ever replace him and his amazing propaganda, but we need somebody that can try.
Do we have any suggestions?
@multi-useless
@herfdog
Lets wake this sleeping puppy!

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
As already noted and seconded, Bondo is not replaceable.

Also, having only participated in one run I don't think a seat on the board is appropriate.

But I will happily assist with graphics if requested to do so.
Perhaps more of a title than a board spot. We just need the other two board members to sign off on the introduction of a graphic artist title.