What's new

Luckysaturn13 s Dog Rocket Reviews!

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Dominique
website Info – 5 x50
One of our bestselling cigars for decades, our beloved Dominique has gone PURO with an even more flavorful, all-Dominican leaf blend. Loved for their mild, nutty character(they definitely hit the nail on the head saying it had a nutty character) and sensible prices this ALL-NEW Dominique now boasts a richer-tasting, Dominican-grown Criollo '98 wrapper leaf, ramping it up a notch for a medium, full-flavored smoke that's more satisfying than ever.

Less than a buck a pop online retail about 4
Going to write this as I smoke it so here it goes….

Wrapper- kinda shotty construction. A couple of veins which isn’t a big deal but it was bunched together towards the foot. Definitely not a cohiba….or a quarum lol
First Light- It is a tad bitter hoping it will mellow out
First third-mellowed out fast with a super creamy almost expresso like flavor with a side note of extremely bitter. It just wanted to be good but couldn’t! Came around but then quickly became bitter again.
2/3 The woody nutty flavor came to light with a smooth easy draw and lots of smoke! Very flavorful on the retrohale! Not a powerhouse. I'd almost compare this to the essence of a 5 vegas gold if that makes since…
2nd touch up. This cigars running like a track star!
Aww damn I was just starting to like this thing. It’s a cold 40* in the garage with the heater going. Started to give an uneven burn so I gave it a few hard draws. Now it taste like eating ass. But not the hot blonde in swim suit type. More like took a tour of the zoo fell over the fence had the giraffes chased me down and then they sat on me sat on me kind of….
Hopefully I can let it rest for a bit and Itll come back.
Ok she is mellowing back out Phew! That was a close one! Rule to self when smoking dog rockets take your time…. They go south fast!
If freezing my bum off in the garage isn’t enough I swear its national crappy music night on ALL of the Stl Radio channels…. I should have grabbed my cds out of the car earlier. That’s right I still have cds lol

On a side note I watched the redwings/blackhawks game earlier…. Talk about a lot of red jerseys! I wonder how the players keep from getting confused when using their peripheral vision. I really wish I had time to get back into hockey!

3 rd touch up and counting!!! AHHHHHgggHHHHHHHHH!! Decided to put my torch back in my pocket! Going to have to keep it warm and working on this one!
I really want to tough this one out so I can post a nub pic on but its starting to canoe on me. This stick is pretty consistent though… smooth creamy/touch up crappy/ woody/ touch up crappy/ Back to life/ crapppy… lol
Just touched up again… lighters almost out of fluid or just too cold… Down to the last hurrah! Matches are 5 ft from me but I not reaching for them!

Well it started tasting like super butt again… id guess hits of elephant butt! Now that it taste like crap again its burning great! Figures....
It finally wamed up 3* after the propane heater was on high for over an hour. I think my fall project is going to be insulating/sealing my garage door better. That or finding an awesome air purifier on craigslist so I can smoke in my basement. We will see what the better half goes along with lol

Finally mellowed out again on last 3rd. Not bad at all. Nice and squishy. I really need to try a few nubs. Last 1/3 seems to always be my favorite.
Well I guess if you can get over the rough parts of this stick it’s actually not to bad but it’s a big IF. I’m guessing all the relights didn’t help. It was aged for about a year. Humidity was spot on. Id recommend spending the extra buck or so and take a 5 vegas gold!

DOGROCKET!
Dog rockets-2 Hidden gems-1

Happy herfing!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
[QUOTE\]Aww damn I was just starting to like this thing. It’s a cold 40* in the garage with the heater going. Started to give an uneven burn so I gave it a few hard draws. Now it taste like eating ass. But not the hot blonde in swim suit type.

On a side note I watched the redwings/blackhawks game earlier…. Talk about a lot of red jerseys![/QUOTE]

bwahahahahaha!

At least you had the fortune to watch the Wings!

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Sucks here in Iowa. Being a small market, we don't have access to the channels that show hockey. We get to watch static. I have to wait until NBC starts showing games and then I don't get to watch my team.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
lol. this game was on nbc! Im in st Louis. most the blues games are on fsmw. Being a stl fan I don't really care for hawks or the wings but I was rooting for the wings! I hate them less haha

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I have always thought it would be more fun to watch hockey live. Kinda like basket ball or baseball. I just get too side tracked at home.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
yeah hockey live owns hockey on tv but its nice when the budgets short or when you cant get out. Plus if the blues start loosing real bad I can turn it of and within 30 sec be herfing in the garage! :)

Dog Rocket Pass info....
If you haven't sent me your address please do.
Also if you prefer to be in front of someone please let me know before Sunday!
I'm hoping to have pass order up Sunday or Monday and in the mail hopefully by weds but Friday at the latest.
If anyone is planning on going on vacation or traveling for over a few days please let me know now and I will arrange it around you
Thanks!

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Luckysaturn13s Dog Rocket Review....
Sooo... I have no idea what this stick is... I think its a Churchill size after that I'm clueless. Typical maduro look and a purple band

Funny story about this stick...
Worked late the other night and tossed it to the boss man. We have a coworker whose x gf found out she was pregnant about a month after they split. So we all joke the babys his. She just had the baby earlier in the week. My boss wrote its a girl! on the wrapper with a marker and we tossed it on his desk. After we all had a good laugh he came up to me and said "I don't know who threw this on my desk But, I know you like cigars so you can have it" I told him since it was mine to begin with and he don't smoke id take it! lol
So here we are a few days later. I was going to take a stick, cutter , and torch to work today but figured it would be too cold outside to smoke. Well after snow and sleet this morning it became a beautiful 50 or so outside. So I pulled this stick out of my desk. Smells like dog crap ... na dog crap would be a compliment to what this smells like! I would have hit the liquor store for a quarum but im trying to be frugal until the new baby gets here. I took it with me and hit the car lot about 100 yards from mine. Grabbed the owners torch and cutter and sparked this gem up! We herfed for a bit then he had a customer stop in so I came back to my lot. First customer I've seen all day! We are as slow as can be. This quality entertainment ranks right up there with watching paint dry! So got it lit and it hit me..WOW this is a strong full flavored cow dung stick! It settled down a bit when it hit the 2/3 s mark. Still was kind of crappy with a hint of bitterness when it hit the band so I tossed it. Now I gotta give credit where credits due... this was out of the humidor for probably two weeks or so. Had a big smokey draw to it but it was as hard as a rock. Im sure that had a little to do with the flavor issue. It had what I call a strong maduro flavor. Might be ok for the right person, but my mouth still taste like I walked behind a 1920s new York horse carrage for about 20 miles. Im off to get a soda...

Happy herfin!
Dog rockets 3 hidden gem 1