What's new

Meerschaum March Madness

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
So school a noob. Is a 30 dollar Meer going to be worthwhile? Should I drop 3 times that and have am excellent pipe? Are there grades of meerschaum or what?
i actually have one of those, and it is cool, if small. as Cmac said, cheaper meer may be pressed, or lower quality, or smaller size, and usually with lesser stems. with a little babying they can work (especially if, like me, you smoke slow and can make a wee lil'un last 45min), but they are more to feel out if meer are for you...

Guess I gotta hit the eBay lol
you need? o)

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
i actually have one of those, and it is cool, if small. as Cmac said, cheaper meer may be pressed, or lower quality, or smaller size, and usually with lesser stems. with a little babying they can work (especially if, like me, you smoke slow and can make a wee lil'un last 45min), but they are more to feel out if meer are for you...

you need? o)
Thanks for the insight troublemaker :)

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
you know I have a meer that I don't smoke often, ill try to break it out and fire it up, do you guys tend to find any blends/styles that you thinks shine in the meer, as I recall, mine tended to smoke a bit wet
I know you do- from your brother is I recall. I smoke everything in mine. Try BHT in it.

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
yep, that's the one, he was stationed in turkey and bought it while he was there......he gave it to me after I started smoking a pipe, Ill post up a before pic tonight and see if I can try to get some more color on it!

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
whtwtrdave, meer is a pretty neutral smoking medium, especially if you keep the bowl cleaned after each smoke. and god willing it usually smokes dry, it's what meer are known for; maybe try letting the tobacco dry, or altering your loading procedure, playing around with that step?