What's new

Monster Thoughts

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
After reading most of the posts (not all because I am too hung over to sit here for much longer) this is what I think.

In the end what made this frustrating on both a customer and B&M front was that no one knew what was going on. Some shops are running a raffle, some are doing walk in only, some are doing phone lists. I think the way to remedy the problem and keep the current setup (which I like) is to set some guidelines for the shops that make the list. The shops would get the info on how to handle the product and the customers would know what the rules of the game are.

1.) Shops that make the list must make some boxes available to a phone list on a first come first serve basis. (Pete could set the number)
2.) Don't force customers to buy other product to be able to purchase the Monster series.

etc.

I like the CRA idea but this is really a boost for the shops that carry Pete's products and pulling it from them would be a shame. I think having the game plan public and the shops all playing by the same rules will go a long way and still maintain the good aspects of the system. You can't please everyone everyday and in the end there will still be some people left wanting, but that is ok.

Pete you're doing a great job. Appreciate that you are trying to please everyone. Keep up the good work.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I thought about 1300 Coffins. 13 retailers 100 boxes but I think it will be hard to regulate. Some people will call every store and get multiple boxes and we will start seeing them on EBAY like we did the Franks last year.
Pete, regardless of what happens, people are still going to put the coffins on eBay. With LE's, just like Cuba, some people get them, some don't. Those who don't get to read CA an the reviews. In a perfect world, you would have an unlimited source of Tat black crop, the Fuentes Opus would never have a lighter shade wrapper, the 8-5-8 sungrowns would be allover, and the Partagas Serie D3 2001 would multiply in my humidors:) lol. Keep doing what your doing bro!

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Just going to chime in here and say that the CRA idea is the best.

Even if you can't run through the CRA and sell them via your website and have them shipped to a legit Tatuaje outlet where we the customer pay the remainder would be fair to all involved: Manufacturer, B&M, Customer.

Secondly - Monster Out of Costume, please don't change the band on those. If anything add a band that has the actor's name - next year for the face, I'm assuming that band would say Gunnar - you wouldn't name it 'Bryniarski' after the 2003 remake i'd hope...lol

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
After reading most of the posts (not all because I am too hung over to sit here for much longer) this is what I think.

In the end what made this frustrating on both a customer and B&M front was that no one knew what was going on. Some shops are running a raffle, some are doing walk in only, some are doing phone lists. I think the way to remedy the problem and keep the current setup (which I like) is to set some guidelines for the shops that make the list. The shops would get the info on how to handle the product and the customers would know what the rules of the game are.

1.) Shops that make the list must make some boxes available to a phone list on a first come first serve basis. (Pete could set the number)
2.) Don't force customers to buy other product to be able to purchase the Monster series.

etc.

I like the CRA idea but this is really a boost for the shops that carry Pete's products and pulling it from them would be a shame. I think having the game plan public and the shops all playing by the same rules will go a long way and still maintain the good aspects of the system. You can't please everyone everyday and in the end there will still be some people left wanting, but that is ok.

Pete you're doing a great job. Appreciate that you are trying to please everyone. Keep up the good work.
Keep the 2ndary lists and give them the smaller allotments. Still gives the opportunity for them to get into the fun. And maybe a little something for the shops that the CRA box is sent to. I know I picked up my CRA sampler and bought another $100 in singles as a thank you for having the box shipped. Maybe and offer to them to have a extra box shipped...or maybe some of the Drac's undressed (hint hint...nudge...nudge...) for next year if the consumer uses you to send to. I don't know...now I am making it complicated:)

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I say leave it the way it is. I agree with those that say don't try and please everybody. The one store distribution kind of penalizes good retailers on behalf of a few upset customers; who by the way will more than likely end up with the Drac once the dust settles. In a community like this one we take care of others. I sent out a couple of bombs myself last year that contained the Frank since I was fortunate enough to get my hands on them. Keep doing what you do. If you listened to folks on this board you would curb the limited releases all together and I for one don't care to see that either. For what it is worth......

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Hell...have CRA do it all for ya...it would quickly triple their members list...like elder said...just like the samplers.
NO!!! That is cruel to all us foreigners! :angerFU:

EDIT - Bear in mind, I really am not mad. But I believe a few members here will agree...most of us not American, of course.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Hey Pete, thanks for asking our input... kudos for giving a damn what your customers think!

My preference is that I like the "unlucky 13" system and keeping it that way. I like the fact you gave most of your small retailers a few boxes to participate in the Drac craze this year, but most, if not all, are opening those boxes and selling as singles and now that I realize this, I don't think it should continue. For one, it sucks because a lot of people want to buy a box for collecting purposes AND for a chance to win a Ducati. With half of your Drac boxes being opened to sell as singles, that leaves a lot of boxes NOT available to the customers and that means there will be a few B&M owners with Ducati tickets in their hands.

I say keep the "unlucky 13" retailer list but give them some guidelines on how to distribute. Then sell the remaining boxes (of 1,300 boxes like this year) through the CRA and have them ship to the buyer's local B&M like the sampler. That plan gives retailers some hope and fun of being one of the chosen 13, but also many B&M's will get some money by having the CRA boxes shipped to their location. It's a win-win for everyone.

If you do decide to do any sort of CRA program, you should think about setting a cut-off date of when someone has to be a member to get first crack at the boxes. If anyone is going to sell them on ebay, they will sign up shortly before they are released as they will learn that's how they are being sold.

I also don't prefer the idea of diluting the limited release stick by making generic branded ones. I think it's fun to have a Halloween related limited release and having "generics" will just water it down.

Thanks again Pete and keep up the good work and cigars! :applause:

Sin

Living the Dream
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I like the current system too. Maybe not change the wrapper, filler, or binder of the Out of Costume Monsters so more people can try what you're putting together or blending for us.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Pete,

It is frustrating that you want to please everyone, but it is an impossibility...

I liked the random distribution of 13 stores for the inital allotment and this year's increased boxes, but living in the Chicago area was tough this year to get some of the Dracs or Borises since I do not have any real connection to the 'unlucky 13.'

I collect Scotty Cameron (Titleist) golf putters and accesories and know that he gets hammered for not having enough LE items for all his clients. A brand new headcover LE 1000 sold out yesterday in 40 minutes. His LEs sell out quickly and the secondary market gets flooded by flippers, but he knows that it only helps his brand grow in popularity. You should reach out to him (San Diego) and get his thoughts. You guys have quite a bit in common.

As a collector, it comes with the territory that you can't always get what you want. But, forums like this are an excellent source to get Dracs or Borises.

I hope to get a hookup by someone in here to get some of each. As a consolation, I'd like to get that Tat Halloween T shirt somewhere...

This is a nice problem to have...

Karlton

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
This may be a great opportunity to open a store. I would call it "Pete's Place". I just need a backer (hint hint:angel:). Nothing but Tat's and Pepin.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Definitely a dilemma. Anything other than the way you do it now will hurt the local B&Ms. The more available to a "superstore" the more internet and telephone orders placed. I can see many including myself (sorry Drac) circumventing the state taxes by purchasing this way.

These yearly events bring people to B&Ms that they may never have knew existed, some of them hopefully becoming regulars. It's a tough choice Pete, I don't envy you.

Drac

www.smokesignals.biz
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a dilemma. Anything other than the way you do it now will hurt the local B&Ms. The more available to a "superstore" the more internet and telephone orders placed. I can see many including myself (sorry Drac) circumventing the state taxes by purchasing this way.

These yearly events bring people to B&Ms that they may never have knew existed, some of them hopefully becoming regulars. It's a tough choice Pete, I don't envy you.

You are correct Strife alot of the guys chasing these or that called me for sure do not and will not regularly shop local in order to pay lower prices online or out of state due to lack of taxes. I think based on that noone should be surprised that shops are holding back and taking care of their loyal local customers. I know for fact a couple guys that are going to how on 11/01to buy a box never shop with me and live local, that burns my ass a little bit but anyway I am wandering from the topic.

I think this type release is good for B&M shops who in my opinion build brand loyalty a shit load better than a banner ad.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think these will wind up being more available than everyone realizes, especially with 1300 boxes out there.

There are 403 going to the "unlucky" 13.
That leaves another 897 out there to be spread all around the country.

If I would change anything, I would throw some extra boxes to the lucky 13 and thats about it.

I would like to see a new ELO bundle at NHC though....................

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Hey Pete, thanks for asking our input... kudos for giving a damn what your customers think!

My preference is that I like the "unlucky 13" system and keeping it that way. I like the fact you gave most of your small retailers a few boxes to participate in the Drac craze this year, but most, if not all, are opening those boxes and selling as singles and now that I realize this, I don't think it should continue. For one, it sucks because a lot of people want to buy a box for collecting purposes AND for a chance to win a Ducati. With half of your Drac boxes being opened to sell as singles, that leaves a lot of boxes NOT available to the customers and that means there will be a few B&M owners with Ducati tickets in their hands.

I say keep the "unlucky 13" retailer list but give them some guidelines on how to distribute. Then sell the remaining boxes (of 1,300 boxes like this year) through the CRA and have them ship to the buyer's local B&M like the sampler. That plan gives retailers some hope and fun of being one of the chosen 13, but also many B&M's will get some money by having the CRA boxes shipped to their location. It's a win-win for everyone.

If you do decide to do any sort of CRA program, you should think about setting a cut-off date of when someone has to be a member to get first crack at the boxes. If anyone is going to sell them on ebay, they will sign up shortly before they are released as they will learn that's how they are being sold.

I also don't prefer the idea of diluting the limited release stick by making generic branded ones. I think it's fun to have a Halloween related limited release and having "generics" will just water it down.

Thanks again Pete and keep up the good work and cigars! :applause:
Excellent on each point!

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
How about something like the CRA did for their sampler. You go to your Tatuaje website and order the box and pay "x" amount of dollars. You then get it shipped to a local B&M and pay them "x" amount of dollars. This way the B&M makes some money.

It would be even nicer if you gave us BOTL'ers a secret early bird code to buy them 1 day earlier than the public :eyebrow:
I like this idea, as it would be win for both tatuaje and cra!

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Did i miss something? the Monster series is a Limited edition not a new line. In a perfect world everyone who wanted a box would get a box but then it wouldn't be a LE. I like the current setup because it allows pete to reward those shops who have helped him make the brand what it is today, and in turn the shops get to reward there loyal customers. The only real problem i see with the drac release was all the confusion around what the B&M. Raffle here, locals first, sampler buys, singles only. I agree with pfm that you should set some guidelines that way everyone knows what is going on.

But most important pete do what you feel is best. It is your hard work and vision that has made Tatajue what it is today. Many great people have helped acheive the success but in the end it's your baby. You are to Tatuaje what Steve Jobs is to Apple. just my 2 cents