What's new

Monster Thoughts

ahbroody

Daddy X3
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I have a secondary near me and after making 6 phones calls in a 2 hour period finally was told they would be getting ten (10) boxes of Drac's and 20 (20) boxes of the Boris. He still doesn't know what he's going to do or when he may receive them. I'm betting he will sell them as singles or 3 packs or 5 packs.
this must be what mission is getting also then. Good to know. Should definetly be able to pick some up from here if I am there at opening.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I started counting the total numbers of retailers who will receive monster cigars and I stopped just over 100...my earlier plan. The entire list has to have 150 +/- retailers. That is roughly 50% +/- of all of his B&M accounts (per his website). THAT IS COMPLETELY FAIR!!!! Pete went over the top trying get these cigars to more accounts.
201 "other retailers"
13 Secondary
13 unlucky

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I think what is causing a problem for people right now is that they don't think any will be available to them. From what it seems if you have the means, there will be plenty of retailers that will at least have singles for sale at B&M's. People need to be a little more patient.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know I'm late into the fray...he I think Pete has done a great job coordinating this. I'm not sure anyone realizes how much work goes into this.

Pete is one of the good guys in the cigar industry, and has a hell of a product. I didn't get to smoke any Frank's last year, since I was late to the game. I'm going to an event with Pete this year, so I'm hoping I get there early enough to try a box of Dracs.

Pete has gone above and beyond in distributing the boxes, and he's even giving away a motorcycle.

No company can please all their fans every time, and being a good business owner means making the tough decisions.

Kudos to you, Pete!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
227 retailers out of 313 accounts. 72.52% of all B&M accounts, and people are bitching... :frownno:

You went over the top Pete. Do what you did this year. It is very fair and generous.
I don't think anyone is saying that he didn't send enough to local retailers or to too few of them ... Nearly all those who've had issue with the release are unhappy because ALL of the Dracs went to local retailers, to be used at their discretion, which resulted very few boxes available for purchase by the public at large (I.e. hardcore Tat fans like us).

Again, this is very easily resolved for next year without losing a thing, simply by sending a bunch of boxes to one of the "13" specufically for phone/Internet orders.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I don't think anyone is saying that he didn't send enough to local retailers or to too few of them ... Nearly all those who've had issue with the release are unhappy because ALL of the Dracs went to local retailers, to be used at their discretion, which resulted very few boxes available for purchase by the public at large (I.e. hardcore Tat fans like us).

Again, this is very easily resolved for next year without losing a thing, simply by sending a bunch of boxes to one of the "13" specufically for phone/Internet orders.
Since when do Tat smokers that are local to these shops NOT qualify as the public at large?

By the nature of the distributor/retailer relationship, the retailer buys from the distributor and is free to do what they wish with the smokes from there for the most part. If anything more companies require face to face sales than require shops to sell over the internet.

If a shop has enough interested customers to sell their allotment to loyal and current (or possible) future customers, more power to them.

I didn't get any franks last year and there wasn't a shop with them within 5-6 hours. Its a limited edition smoke, not everyone is going to get them. These cigars aren't just a gift to the community, they are a gift to the shop owners that carry and sell tatuaje. Most importantly they are a piece of merchandise. If a shop owner doesn't normally do phone sales and sells smokes over the phone, I promise you they are never going to hear from that customer again.

Think on the margin. What if you are the 16th loyal and dedicated tat smokers who wants a box at one of the unlucky 13? Should the shop owner not be able to sell you one because you are a regular customer and the local half of the shipment is already gone? I don't think so, it doesn't make any sense.

Selling through the CRA would do great things for them and solve many of these problems.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
People that heppen to be local to a 13 or 2ndary and are in with them well enough and get lucky--they can score a full box of Dracs, and they are about the only ones who can. That's my point. The public at large had no means at all to get a box, other than maybe 200 when all is sai and done.

My two "additionals" aren't sellng boxes--and the word is they won't even be selling singles--and my "13" wasn't selling either.

Since when do Tat smokers that are local to these shops NOT qualify as the public at large?

By the nature of the distributor/retailer relationship, the retailer buys from the distributor and is free to do what they wish with the smokes from there for the most part. If anything more companies require face to face sales than require shops to sell over the internet.

If a shop has enough interested customers to sell their allotment to loyal and current (or possible) future customers, more power to them.

I didn't get any franks last year and there wasn't a shop with them within 5-6 hours. Its a limited edition smoke, not everyone is going to get them. These cigars aren't just a gift to the community, they are a gift to the shop owners that carry and sell tatuaje. Most importantly they are a piece of merchandise. If a shop owner doesn't normally do phone sales and sells smokes over the phone, I promise you they are never going to hear from that customer again.

Think on the margin. What if you are the 16th loyal and dedicated tat smokers who wants a box at one of the unlucky 13? Should the shop owner not be able to sell you one because you are a regular customer and the local half of the shipment is already gone? I don't think so, it doesn't make any sense.

Selling through the CRA would do great things for them and solve many of these problems.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
People that happen to be local to a 13 or 2ndary and are in with them well enough and get lucky--they can score a full box of Dracs, and they are about the only ones who can. That's my point. The public at large had no means at all to get a box, other than maybe 200 when all is said and done.

My two "additionals" aren't selling boxes--and the word is they won't even be selling singles--and my "13" wasn't selling either.
Not many people are going to get this smoke at all... I'm not sure what the big hang-up is on boxes, aside from you wanting one. Do you want more people to get to try this smoke, or do you want more people to get boxes? There are over 240 retailers getting this smoke and 1300 boxes.

Less than 17k people will ever get to smoke this. Everybody that wants one isn't going to get one, so why worry about if everyone that wants a BOX gets a box? Why worry about it at all? Everybody can't get what they want all the time, most of the time most people don't get what they want. Why stress so much about something that isn't that big of a deal.

How would selling online make it any more fair? Online retailers can break up boxes just like B&M's, and they have more motivation to break them up anyways. If you order from an online store, most of the time you will start getting an email from them... more names on the email list, more buyers coming in.

The point is that forcing retailers to sell online or over the phone isn't going to help the situation. It might increase YOUR chance of getting what you want, but it will take away someone else's. Is that fair?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pete,

great seeing you last night and GREAT event my friend!

This is a question that needs to be answered as you saw personally the havoc last night!

I agree that BOTL are more interested in the cigars than the packing. I think most of my regulars would have been elated with just being able to purchase boxes outright even if there were in normal boxes than juggle through a lottery.

The key no matter which method you choose is to figure out out you will distribute them in a was that the right stores are getting the right amount of product.

I know there is a fine line somewhere there, but where I don't know.

I mean I think it should be something limited that should not last on shelves for more than a very short time, but I also think that there needs to be enough so that if someone who really wants them, can eventually get some.

My .02

See ya soon bud!

-Abe

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Pete,

This is a question that needs to be answered as you saw personally the havoc last night!

I agree that BOTL are more interested in the cigars than the packing. I think most of my regulars would have been elated with just being able to purchase boxes outright even if there were in normal boxes than juggle through a lottery.

The key no matter which method you choose is to figure out out you will distribute them in a was that the right stores are getting the right amount of product.

I mean I think it should be something limited that should not last on shelves for more than a very short time, but I also think that there needs to be enough so that if someone who really wants them, can eventually get some.

My .02

See ya soon bud!

-Abe
That's what's so great about the CRA distribution idea IMO. Which ever store has the hardcore tat smokers that order the boxes can get the sticks and make some money off of it.

Len___T

n0ob Phreak
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Well...after reading thru this thread and hearing of "horro stories"...ie bm's jacking the price...making you buy something else before you can get these LE's...hell a good friend of mine scored a box and when it came in the mail it been opened!!!!...Anyways...The whole point of these lines is that they are Limited Edition Releases...Not everyone is going to get their mitts on them...And that includes you...me...and anyone else that didnt get any...Get over yourselves...Do you complain when you cant get LE CC's that come out once every blue moon???...Nooooo...only a select few are able...Do you threaten to boycott Fuente cuz they only put Anejos out at certain times of the year????...And you dont get a box???....Hell..I love Anejos...Noooo you sure dont...Are you threatening to burn Carlito and Company in effigy????..This post may piss some ppl off and I really dont care...Pete puts out a great product...And because someone wasnt able to score a box or 2 you want to jump his shit?????Just cuz you dont think "its fair".....:crytears: the way he puts out his Limited Edition Smokes out to the general public...Personally I think its great the way he does it...And Ive yet to score ANY of his LE's...Dont hear me whining about it...I hope that one day I am able to meet Pete and tell him about the first Tat I ever smoked and the story of how it put me on my ass lol...rant done...len

theribdoctor

Certifiable.
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Pete,

My .02

See ya soon bud!

-Abe
oh no! Abe's on here. nice event my brother, I had a real good time. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I think the way Pete handled it was fine. Like it has been said with LE's, some will get them, some won't. As I said previously there are none to be had in my area and all I wanted was 1 stick of each to try. If I can't have any it's disappointing but I'll live, it’s not the end of the world. I don't care for the way some B&M’s handled the distribution but I'm not sure what can be done about it. Some seemed to take advantage of the situation while others just weren’t sure how to handle it and did the best they could. Bottom line is they are just cigars.
In any case I think the monster release at Halloween is good marketing and a fun time. Pete, I say keep up the good work. The only thing I would add is that I think Abe’s suggestion of having more sticks released in plain boxes so more people can get them to smoke may have some merit but not to the extent that they sit on shelves for months which would take away from the whole LE aspect. Just MHO

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I think the way Pete handled it was fine. Like it has been said with LE's, some will get them, some won't. As I said previously there are none to be had in my area and all I wanted was 1 stick of each to try. If I can't have any it's disappointing but I'll live, it’s not the end of the world. I don't care for the way some B&M’s handled the distribution but I'm not sure what can be done about it. Some seemed to take advantage of the situation while others just weren’t sure how to handle it and did the best they could. Bottom line is they are just cigars.
In any case I think the monster release at Halloween is good marketing and a fun time. Pete, I say keep up the good work. The only thing I would add is that I think Abe’s suggestion of having more sticks released in plain boxes so more people can get them to smoke may have some merit but not to the extent that they sit on shelves for months which would take away from the whole LE aspect. Just MHO
Well said Rick, there's been too much criticism IMHO about this which kind of takes the fun out of the whole Monster Series concept. Let's hope that Pete doesn't get discouraged, when that happens passion transforms into just another bullshit job. There are enough cigars lacking passion on the market already.