What's new

New & Improved Austin-area herf!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i picked up a vinotemp 28 btl at target today, but the digital display says i have it set at 54, yet my hygrometer is saying 65. so there's an 11 degree difference somewhere.

I eventually wanted to cedar out my WC and such, so that actually would be nice if we can work out a deal on one of those. Keep me in the loop!

Thanks

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Congrats on the 2nd interview. Thats about the only thing I would put before herfing with the fellows. As far as the sunday herf is concerned...Jason is in S.A. until tomm around 1ish so if anyone is interested Jason and I will getting to LW's around 3:30-4:00. Afterwords we will probably be firing up the grill somewhere.

Mike...Where's your priorities? You're choosing kicking it on the beach in Cozumel over herfing with your boys....Are you out of your mind?....Nevermind...Don't answer that question....i'm obviously the one that has lost my mind.

Mindflux...There's alot of post on here concerning your question. Take a look at the forums related to storage. I'm sure that you find very valuable information that will answer any and all questions. I personally have an Avallo 1200 with an electronically controlled humidification system. My only regret is not dropping the extra cash on a cooled unit. I had the same problem with my desktops and I eventually had to move it to the closet where it was the most cool room away from any direct sunlight. Good luck!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
nice deal dude!!!! that did not take long
Eh, it's all good. It's in a strange are-we-just-friends-or-are-we-digging-each-other's-chili phase. That said, this is the third time we'll have gone out together, and she's quite smokin', so I'm keeping with the good thoughts :smokingbo

Mindflux--pm me in a couple weeks and we can talk cedar or the fridge, whichever. If you don't want to wait, Hogan's Hardwoods just south of Ben White carries 2x4 planks and will cut to measure--they may just slide right into the slots where your wire racks fit right now (mine did). I had to sand them, obviously, and drilled holes throughout each plank to increase airflow top-to-bottom.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Musiq,
I could probably wait, although I'm not sure my cigars can.. they were sitting at 80*F last week and I went into panic mode trying to cool the place off a bit more.

I'm trying, for now to get the plastic smell out of this wine cooler unit.

If you want to PM me and give me an idea on what you are looking to get for your converted unit I can make a better decision from that point..

-Ryan

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Heath,

Hope all went well with your special lady friend. Greg and I met up and got hammered on 2 especially tasty Casa Fuentes.

Mindflux,

Sorry I have not said hello. My name is Jason and you will normmaly find me Herfing with the fellows. I by no means have as much experience in the finer living of cigars, but I try and absorbs as much as possible from Greg, Heath and Mike. Hope to see you make it out for a herf or two soon. good luck finding suitable cigar storage.

J

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey guys--sorry for the last-minute-ness...are we gonna meet up to herf today? I meant to post to the thread yesterday but got swamped with projects and errands. I'm up for this afternoon if anyone else is!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Am I the ONLY one posting in this thread now? Jason, Greg...Mike, you back yet? What about you, Ryan/Mindflux? Anyone down for smokin' tomorrow afternoon?

Thanks to Jason and Greg for the help moving the Aristocrat into the house. Much thanks!

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
No Problemos....Thanks for the tip on a really cool place to hang out! I'm not exactly sure what my schedule is for tomorrow...I'm sure that I will manage to get out for a smoke. I'll text Jason and tell him to check in. See ya tomorrow.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hey Heath,

Ditto what Greg said, the Draught House is awesome. I should be up for a smoke or two before work tomorrow. Not sure what time I will be getting up, but just ping me around noon tomorrow. I would say the safe bet is to plan for around 2 to 2:30 for a meetup. earlier than that I can not guarantee :smokingco

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Sorry yall still down in Cozumel. Down to my last 3 cigars here so I know it is almost time to come home.

Have fun,

Mikes

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Sorry yall still down in Cozumel. Down to my last 3 cigars here so I know it is almost time to come home.

Have fun,

Mikes

Should we be upset or feel badly for you because your hanging out on the beach in Cozymel and you're down to your last three cigars?

" I THINK NOT"

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Should we be upset or feel badly for you because your hanging out on the beach in Cozymel and you're down to your last three cigars?

" I THINK NOT"
No chit--I'm with Greg on this one :grin:

I'll call y'all about noonish to see who's up for a smoke...

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Been going strong for nearly a year now. BTW...Jorge you're the one responsible for informing me of LW's. You would be welcomed as our honored guest. Not to mention our founder of such a fine smoking establishement!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Okay, I'm down to herf tomorrow...See Jason is...Greg? Ryan? Mike's back but got some business to attend do, so we likely won't see him this weekend. Roll up!

EDIT: there's a guy from CS in town who may join us tomorrow. I'll let you know when he confirms that he's gonna join us...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I'm down to herf tomorrow...See Jason is...Greg? Ryan? Mike's back but got some business to attend do, so we likely won't see him this weekend. Roll up!

EDIT: there's a guy from CS in town who may join us tomorrow. I'll let you know when he confirms that he's gonna join us...
I might! When is it again? I've got a bit of a head cold, so it may not be in my best interest to smoke. :thinkidea

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I might! When is it again? I've got a bit of a head cold, so it may not be in my best interest to smoke. :thinkidea
Between 1:30 and 2 p.m...at Lil Woodrow's in the strip center on the southwest side of Parmer and McNeil Rd...