What's new

New & Improved Austin-area herf!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey Ryan--nice to meet you in person! Jason, post back about your weekend plans when you have them sorted out.

Mike--how's it going? Think you'll make it out next week? Get gotta get you back in the habit of afternoon beer at Lil Woodrows!

Hey all--I think I heard that Tilted Kilt no longer allows cigars on their deck. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Hey Ryan--nice to meet you in person! Jason, post back about your weekend plans when you have them sorted out.

Mike--how's it going? Think you'll make it out next week? Get gotta get you back in the habit of afternoon beer at Lil Woodrows!

Hey all--I think I heard that Tilted Kilt no longer allows cigars on their deck. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
I know for a fact that Jason nor myself will be available this weekend. We're going to Dallas to help Danny (drl1211) and Candon move into their new house and break in their cigar smoking room.

I personally have heard anything about the cigar smoking ban at the Kilt...that's bullshit if it only applies to cigars.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Okay, folks, I'm posting here early Monday morning to see who's in for next Sunday afternoon. Represent! I'm in! Might have some other folks from other boards join us, too, if y'all don't mind. Might be nice to take over Lil Woodrow's and smoke it up :smokingbo

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, folks, I'm posting here early Monday morning to see who's in for next Sunday afternoon. Represent! I'm in! Might have some other folks from other boards join us, too, if y'all don't mind. Might be nice to take over Lil Woodrow's and smoke it up :smokingbo
Count me in!

:ballbounc

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Can't say whether or not i"ll be able to make it.....I may be at Schlitterbahn with the family. I will keep you guys posted.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Greg is getting a little flakey if you ask me :squinteye Just kidding Greg, but you need to come out and show yourself at our herfs every now and then so we know you are still alive. Speaking of missing folks, where is that one guy MikeS. Haven't seen him in forever!!!!! :bottle: But hey you know I am down for a smoke :eyebrow:

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Agree--Mike, you need to come out this weekend! I'm in, probably around 1:30 on Sunday.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but since you're all (or is that y'all) from the Austin area...

Gonna be in Austin for the ACMF in Sept. with my bothers and brother-in-law. What's the cigar atmosphere? Will be staying in the area of Zilker Park, any good B&Ms &/or Cigar (or at least cigar friendly) bars in the immediate area?

Thanks,

I return you to your regularly scheduled thread.....

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but since you're all (or is that y'all) from the Austin area...

Gonna be in Austin for the ACMF in Sept. with my bothers and brother-in-law. What's the cigar atmosphere? Will be staying in the area of Zilker Park, any good B&Ms &/or Cigar (or at least cigar friendly) bars in the immediate area?

Thanks,

I return you to your regularly scheduled thread.....
Bumping this thread to get MIKES attention :computer:

Daniel--no problem with the threadjack. BTW, it *is* "y'all" when you're in town :nodlaugh:

The closest B&M to where you'll be staying is Habana House, tucked inside the Ruta Maya coffee house on South Congress: http://www.showmeyourash.com/. It's about 2-3 miles as the crow flies from the area in which you're staying. The City of Austin has a smoking ban in place for all public buildings; where properly marked, smokers can smoke outside of establishments if they're 15 feet away from any public entrance. Lots of joints have decks and all you need to do is ask one of the servers whether they have any problems with you lighting up a stogie--most don't mind. Right down where you're at, you MUST stop in at Shady Grove for a great burger and rings, it's on Barton Springs road a couple blocks west of Lamar. There's also a good coffeehouse near Shady Grove called Flipnotics, which has a nice shaded deck area.

As for our group, we get together Sunday afternoons, 1:30 or 2 p.m., just outside the smoking ban ordinance at Lil' Woodrows, up on the north side of town. If you and yours are free while you're in town, join us! Just post here and we'll get you directions/map info.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Since I do not have to work Sunday night this week or next week, I am not in any hurry, so just nail down a time you guys are good with and post me back. :smokingbo

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey Jason, Ryan, everyone else--let's shoot for 2 p.m. this afternoon. I don't think I can make it at 1:30, got a couple things to get done this morning. Sound good?