What's new

New Opus X

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
It was a sweeter, less stronger version of an Opus so I guess it was less characteristic of a Fuente.

But "cuban-esque"? Not sure about that.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Hmmm... Sweeter huh? I like the balance Opus has... Wonder if this swings too far on the sweet scale. Kind of like an anti-Nica stick.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Hmmm... Sweeter huh? I like the balance Opus has... Wonder if this swings too far on the sweet scale. Kind of like an anti-Nica stick.
And I should clarify... Not that I want it to taste like a CC - if I wanted that I'd just get a CC... Just curious how it is compared to the Fuente Dom profile.

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
Angel Share was OK, but not something I would hunt down because I just had to have it. From my understanding they will be out this year, so you should be able to smoke one soon. As for Casa giving you an Angel Share or any other unreleased stick, it would probably never happen unless you know them very well.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
As for Casa giving you an Angel Share or any other unreleased stick, it would probably never happen unless you know them very well.
Yeah, their guys are always top notch, I'm just being a sarcastic jerk. They were up front with me on release, availability, band info, what they had personally from their event, etc. All seem like good dudes.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm gonna have to find this Angel share when it hits shelves! I have never heard of that on either.. Smoking a 1yr old lost city as I type this! Never smoked one stored at 65..quite tasty!

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Just finished my smoke. Burn was off but I liked it. They just need to acclimate a bit more. Hope the rest are just as tasty.

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I like the band too but it doesn't seem very Fuente-y whatever that means.
My understanding is there is some debate about how much "Fuente" (literally Fuente name) should be on the band.

I wasn't the largest fan of the cigar. It wasn't bad by any means, but not something I'd buy over Don Carlos, Hemingway, Añejo, Opus, VSG, etc. Probably would take Magnum R over it.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Hmm I guess I'm in the minority as I've never had a Don Carlos, magnum R, 8-5-8 or any of the limited stuff. I'll try to track them down before I jump too into the limited stuff. Are the Don Carlos a full production?

Ishtar

Corona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acceptable... we do perfectly fine without bigoted snobs here. We have a loyal & amicable customer base & the best shop in at least the state. In fact, we have over 5000 members, retain a large variety of exclusives & Altadis USA re-assigned their best rep from Chicago to Columbus solely for the sake of our shop. Diab is 1 of the biggest buyers at the show every year & we would much rather retain the sophisticated & congenial following that we have traditionally kept.
It has always perplexed me just exactly what kind of autonomous delusional false sense of self-superiority exists to make people like you assume that it is somehow acceptable or appropriate to treat other people as if they were beneath you. Furthermore it disgusts me that this reprehensible mentality seems to be becoming a plague. What the ever-increasing plethera of bigots like yourself need to contemplate & hopefully be intelligent enough to consequently comprehend is that this behavior in itself is the very thing that intrisically makes your targets in fact better than you.
It is fine to believe yourself to be better than another; however, the moment you begin to behave as such is the exact moment at which it ceases to be true.
Much like the Christianity, the goal & retrospective virtue of the cigar industry is that it breaks every barrier - race, age, gender, religion, social class, etc... & much like the legalists of conservative religion, you are accomplishing precisely the antithesis of the quintessential ideal of the thing when you engage in barbaric, bigoted, pretensious, condescending behavior toward another fellow smoker.
We are all dealt different cards in life... some of us are more intelligent, some have more money, some have more inherent values... but we are all equal & should find no excuse for behaving otherwise.
That is all. :bickering
Yea, and not a shop I would visit at all.....

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I want the angels share - Casa Fuente held out on me again. I don't know the secret hand shake or @ssgrab or whatever needs to be done...
The one time I was there I got hooked up big time (for Casa Fuentes, not Opus). I think it was because I hung out for a while and chatted in the humidor with the guy working and with several other customers. I was knowledgeable and talked up a number of the cigars there (as well as others, I wasn't working on commission, lol!). Anyway, I bought and smoked my first Casa Fuente, loved it, and when I asked for more than the 2-stick limit, he said "let me check" and looked at his stock. And let's just say I was pleased with what I walked away with :)