What's new

No more Trinidad's?

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
That would be good news Ben.

Anyone heard from Ajay? I think Steve is probably right, and Ajay would be the final nail in the coffin short of an HSA press release.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Just talked with Ajay, he is confirming what Loren said!!
He talked with habanos about this yesterday!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
An authorized vendor in Germany (not who broke the story) told me this today:

Trinidad will be "repositioned" because they are not really selling well.
E.g. the Trinidad Robusto T is dead, as well as the fundadores.
They'll bring new sizes at lower prices

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Interesting. Just to sound a note of caution, though, if they're repositioning at a lower price point, shouldn't we expect that they're going to redo the blend and use less premium tobacco? Not sure Trini lovers will necessarily enjoy the new, cheaper marca.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It sounds like there could be some truth to both sides. It could be that they have stopped production of Coloniales, Reyes and Fundys. But the brand will continue in the future with different vitolas at lower prices and a different blend.

I think there is one simple question that needs to be answered here: Has HSA permanently ceased production of Coloniales, Reyes and Fundys? The rest is just semantics.

Last edited:

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
It sounds like there could be some truth to both sides. It could be that they have stopped production of Coloniales, Reyes and Fundys. But the brand will continue in the future with different vitolas at lower prices and a different blend.

I think there is one simple question that needs to be answered here: Has HSA permanently ceased production of Coloniales, Reyes and Fundys? The rest is just semantics.
Here is what Ajay told me: Trinidad is not discontinuing they are just going to delete robust T, robusto extra for now, still keep the rest. Over time they like to reprice the cigar to bring it in line. We all know it's over priced right now. Habanos placed this with Cohiba, being it was a diplomat gift cigar originally. So no they are not. I hope this helps. Just yesterday I talk to habanos with regards to this

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Here is what Ajay told me: Trinidad is not discontinuing they are just going to delete robust T, robusto extra for now, still keep the rest. Over time they like to reprice the cigar to bring it in line. We all know it's over priced right now. Habanos placed this with Cohiba, being it was a diplomat gift cigar originally. So no they are not. I hope this helps. Just yesterday I talk to habanos with regards to this
So not only did I buy a cigar that is not being discontinued, I also got a bad deal because prices are going to be dropping on the cigars I bought. Sweet!!!

Thanks for the info Ben.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The plot thickens . . .

Just got this email from one of the LCDH owners.

Hi [U-Boat]

This was confirmed by Cubacigar the 100% Habanos owned importer in Benelux.

i double checked before sending out.

Kind regards,

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I agree... but based on the follow up posts I'm not entirely clear. What does the Cubacigar email confirm?

From the flurry of emails I've seen, it sounds like ALL production is discontinued but Trini will continue to exist as a lower-priced marca... which means that the items on shelves today will retain their "premium" status (and quality) and the go-forward stuff will be more like some of the other mid-range marcas.