What's new

Olympic Hockey !!!

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
can't imagine why that would make anyone mad. baseball has become the most boring game on the planet. i'm enjoying watching curling more than i would baseball.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
don't want to hijack the thread but baseball is not boring, just TV doesnt know how to broadcast it. there is nothing like watching a basball game at the park. Hockey has the same problem, never liked watching it on TV then i attended my first sharks game and finally understood what was going on and now I'm hooked. On another note somehow i have gotten addicted to curling, cant get enough.

Ed Monton

Sir Winston
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Curling is huge up here and I've never actually understood it but last night I found myself watching women's curling and I got it.

Then again, maybe it's just that Cheryl Bernard. She's a hottie. lol

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
That penalty late in the 3rd period that gave Canada their powerplay goal was bullchit in my opinion!

Rating - 100%
133   0   0
And they almost killed the penalty. When they didn't, then I knew the last few minutes would be intense. Turned out to be even more so than I thought. The canadiens were just firing away at will but somehow nothing went in. Then the open net goal was just the result of all out hustle. I still don't know how he made that shot. The funny thing is . . .Ryan kesler plays for Vancouver.

Ed Monton

Sir Winston
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
That was just an amazing play in my opinion. The effort he made to score that goal was unbelievable. If Corey Perry could have a do over, I am sure he would have played it differently but at the time, I am sure he was thinking, like the rest of us, that Kesler couldn't make a play on the puck.

Then the open net goal was just the result of all out hustle. I still don't know how he made that shot. The funny thing is . . .Ryan kesler plays for Vancouver.

Rating - 100%
133   0   0
I'm also liking the individual matchups pitting one nhl teammate against another. Like Dustin Brown's move on Drew Doughty near the end of the game. And when Bobby Ryan grabbed Ryan Getzlaf around the neck to pull him away from a crowd. Zach Parise and Jamie Langenbrunner shooting against Brodeur, etc.

I also heard that even before the game, Ryan Kesler and his wife were being harassed by the Canadien crowd. . .and he even plays for Vancouver.

It's like the NHL and teammates/friendships doesn't matter until the Olympics is over.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I also heard that even before the game, Ryan Kesler and his wife were being harassed by the Canadien crowd. . .and he even plays for Vancouver.

It's like the NHL and teammates/friendships doesn't matter until the Olympics is over.
Yeah that is a very interesting part of the games... it would be weird (but fun) going against your NHL teammate. You know they want bragging rights!

But during the first US game against Switzerland that I was at, Kessler got a lot of cheers from the local crowd. I guess it's much different when he's actually playing against the local team of Canada though!

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
I know Aaron is in Cuba, but I wonder why we haven't heard from him on this. I wish he would have taken my bet!!