What's new

pic of your four legged smoking buddy

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Here's George, my smoking buddy from day one. He was a 250 lb. English Mastiff. Thousands of cigars where ashed with him at my feet. I can't believe he's been gone from almost 2 years. :crying:

View attachment 44622

My avatar is Gus, a 165 lb. Rottweiler, but he pre-dated my cigar years. Once we make the final move to NC, it will be time for a Dane, or another Rottie.
My English mastiff was one of the best dogs I've ever had. She was dumb as a box of rocks but damn she was loyal to a fault. She would watch over us and make sure no one was a threat. Great dogs, just wished they had a longer life span. It about broke my damn heart when she passed.

Yes, they tend to be dumb, but loyal as can be. We where blessed with 11 years with our George. Amazing life span for a giant breed.

On the other hand, our Rotties where extremely intelligent. My female could even open doors on her on. She'd jump up, and spin the knob with her front paws as she was pulling in. Now, if she could have just learned how to shut the door on her way out, lol.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
my old english mastiff was probably the dumbest animal I have ever owned..

but as sweet natured and gentle a dog as I have ever seen.. just a huge love puppy...

very big change between her and the two German Shepherds we have now.... one of them is incredibly smart.. and super driven.. the other is high drive.. but not so bright.. the two of them together is a constant work of mischief and mayhem though... nothing sweet or gentle about either one of them (although they can be a lot of fun... and are certainly entertaining at times.. in a watch the train wreck happen sort of way..)....

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
We'll see if she becomes a smoking buddy.

This is Alice and, for those of you with whom I'm friends with on FB, you've probably already read the story.

We had Alice for a couple of years until our daughter developed allergies and we had to find her a new home about a year and a half ago. It was heartbreaking to do so because she was a great cat and we all really bonded with her. Also, we were her second home as her first owner was no longer able to keep her. After a lot of searching, we found a new (and third home) for Alice.

Our son really missed her and threw a couple of crying fits over her (even though Alice pretty much ignored him) so we arranged to go visit Alice in her new home a few months ago. Everything was fine but the woman told us that she was separating from her husband. So we told her that, if anything should change, call us and we'd take Alice back.

This morning, the original owner (who knew we had found a new home for her) got a call from the county saying that Alice had been surrendered to them (Alice is micro-chipped). He let us know and, an hour ago, Alice came back home to us. We're thrilled and the kids are ecstatic. In the past year and a half, our daughter's allergies have improved, we've added some air filters in the house, and keep the door to her room closed. She is no longer bothered by allergies even though we still have two cats. Now three.

So, even though Alice is not an outdoor cat (nor will be), she will likely hang out at the patio door to watch while I have a pipe or a cigar and that's close enough for me to call her a four-legged smoking buddy.

Welcome home, Alice!

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Awesome! Love to see a great pet come back home! Also I would like to thank you all that have posted for loving and taking good care of your four( or 3) legged friends! Me and my family help out with several rescue groups and it can tare your heart out to see people that just don't give a #%&&@ about their critters. Again thank you for caring!

Man I sound like a little baby! Lol

Rating - 100%
11   0   0

Couldn't help but post this one tuckered the new pup out to the point she couldn't choose a toy

So I found her napping on them
We've had many pups but I have to admit our Pug has been one of a kind. Never a dull moment with a Pug in the house. They have to be the funniest dogs ever.
If I can figure out how to ad a photo I would show you guys my smoking buds..

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We've had many pups but I have to admit our Pug has been one of a kind. Never a dull moment with a Pug in the house. They have to be the funniest dogs ever.
EAsy to load pics on here...I use Photobucket and copy and past the image into the post....or you can load a photo into your album on here...then upload that photo into the post. If you need more explanation PM me and I can give you a detailed step by step.

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
The pug is my wife's baby..... They are funny little creatures almost cat like at times

The pug follows the other idiot everywhere, peas n carrots I call them, gaurdin the garden & fence line

And they get upset if I separate them while I'm in the sunroom

Mines more of an outside dog..... Border collie lab mix we think based on her neuroses of fetch and endless energy/focus

Here's another family pug..... Grumpy pug as I call her but in all honesty a big sweetheart rescue pug