What's new

pic of your four legged smoking buddy

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This is Chance. He was rescued from an abusive family that locked him in a dark closet in the basement for 5 years. This evil family tried to starve him to death after physically abusing him with what I can only image, but don't want to. The abusers were brought to court and had charges filed against them. The Foster Mom who was caring for Chance took the stand and spoke on his behalf. We adopted him from this Angel and he has now spent over a year in his Forever home with his new family. He had many skin infections and lost half his fur and was malnourished to the point that you could see his ribs clearly. He is now more than twice the weight, tons of toys, has 2 beds and has a proud spot by my bed. We even made him a Christmas stocking. Sadly we don't know his breed or how old he is (they determine 6), the family chose not to pass that info to the Foster org that rescued him. He has a rare form of PTSD and still suffers from episodes. He has LOVE and LIFE in that smile.

Bravo to you. You're a special kind of person...in the best possible way.

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
This is Chance. He was rescued from an abusive family that locked him in a dark closet in the basement for 5 years. This evil family tried to starve him to death after physically abusing him with what I can only image, but don't want to. The abusers were brought to court and had charges filed against them. The Foster Mom who was caring for Chance took the stand and spoke on his behalf. We adopted him from this Angel and he has now spent over a year in his Forever home with his new family. He had many skin infections and lost half his fur and was malnourished to the point that you could see his ribs clearly. He is now more than twice the weight, tons of toys, has 2 beds and has a proud spot by my bed. We even made him a Christmas stocking. Sadly we don't know his breed or how old he is (they determine 6), the family chose not to pass that info to the Foster org that rescued him. He has a rare form of PTSD and still suffers from episodes. He has LOVE and LIFE in that smile.

What a great story. You can see how much love that dog has in his eyes now that he's where he belongs!

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Man I always get into trouble for saying this but... dumb dogs make the best pets! I hate smart dogs.
The thing is he acts dumb but is really smart if that makes sense. He is always nipping my fiancées feet and runs away, he knows it pisses her off and he likes to get a rise out of her. Then he runs face first into my desk while chasing his tail, but it barely phases him. He's also super protective of our kids and lets them crawl all over him. An awesome family dog.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing is he acts dumb but is really smart if that makes sense. He is always nipping my fiancées feet and runs away, he knows it pisses her off and he likes to get a rise out of her. Then he runs face first into my desk while chasing his tail, but it barely phases him. He's also super protective of our kids and lets them crawl all over him. An awesome family dog.
Ha! Replace dumb with cool... and I'll track with you :).

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
@EO80 not sure. Got her from the pound about 2 years ago. Has her tail docked and dew claws removed. What I would call a back yard pure breed! Lol but she does her job very well ( keeping people away from the house) but she's all bark no bite, just loves to be loved on and doesn't bother anyone. I think her size ( 110lbs) has a lot to do with her intemmedation factor.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
@EO80 not sure. Got her from the pound about 2 years ago. Has her tail docked and dew claws removed. What I would call a back yard pure breed! Lol but she does her job very well ( keeping people away from the house) but she's all bark no bite, just loves to be loved on and doesn't bother anyone. I think her size ( 110lbs) has a lot to do with her intemmedation factor.
I was walking my dads puppy one day when I was a kid. Came across a pure bred rott off the leash. Scared the hell out of me. The owners were out front and just said truck. The dog jumped in the back of the truck and stared at us. As I talked to them the two dogs played like puppies never heard a peep. 200# rott and 20# puppy.
Loved the breed since.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
View attachment 59080
This is Gordie. He turned 10 last August. Being a Red Wings fan, I named him after Gordie Howe and boy was it appropriate! He jumped all over and molested any visitor we had. He only existed in two states adorably asleep, like pictured above, or an uncontrolable maniac. In short, he was the biggest asshole I knew aside from myself. I couldn't have loved him more. I lost him yesterday. I can't accurately descibe how much it aches right now. I'm going to miss him so.
sorry you lost your Buddie.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I want to thank everyone that offered their condolences on Gordie's passing. Seeing the pics of everyone's dogs (and cat) on here has really lifted my heart over the past few days. Thanks to all for sharing.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Mine is in my avatar. She is a rescued mix breed. She is half pit and half Tree Walker Hound. That dog loves humans and attention. She is also a great nanny dog. I can open the door and tell her to go watch the kid. She will go lay at the kid's side all day.
427.JPGThe Pit breed get a bad rap. This is Chaco, a half pit, half Dalmation rescue. Chaco is 13 yrs old now and slowing down. But he is hands down the best dog I have ever owned. Just a great dog with a wonderful temperament. Calm submissive in the words of the dog whisperer.