What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
I haven't been proud of any of my sticks until this set. Honduras Wrapper from WLT. They haven't dried yet when I took this photo, so I hope they only get better.
Packing more into the mold and switching from gum arabic to pectin made all the difference in the world. Draws and is as firm as a commercial cigar, from what I can tell.
Looking good mate!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Been trying to find a new blend worthy of stashing 50 quickies. Slow going. I want to use this FX CT wrapper you see below. I have plenty of LO Honduran viso I should use up. So, two constants. Then I have batches of four different ligeros which it's high time I find a good use for: criollo, corojo, habano, San V. Like to use at least one leaf of one of those four ligeros in each. For binder, I'd like to use either Butcher's KY Sumatra or his PA broad wrapper. So I vary binders & ligeros with two visos and one of those ligeros. So far have only found one blend which is acceptable... but not top notch. This bend is two LO Hond visos, one criollo ligero, 1/4 Butcher's PA wrapper for binder, 1/2 FX CT wrapper.

The latest FX CT wrapper is difficult to work with. Not real big and super delicate. But it sure likes to lay down nicely. And looks like it would cure to a nice color. So a good challenge.

Just something off with the blends so far. Start out smoking well; get stanky half an hour in. Open to suggestion.

Not too hard to get these quickies smooth, straight, and evenly parallel. Always tough to get the heads firm.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Been trying to find a new blend worthy of stashing 50 quickies. Slow going. I want to use this FX CT wrapper you see below. I have plenty of LO Honduran viso I should use up. So, two constants. Then I have batches of four different ligeros which it's high time I find a good use for: criollo, corojo, habano, San V. Like to use at least one leaf of one of those four ligeros in each. For binder, I'd like to use either Butcher's KY Sumatra or his PA broad wrapper. So I vary binders & ligeros with two visos and one of those ligeros. So far have only found one blend which is acceptable... but not top notch. This bend is two LO Hond visos, one criollo ligero, 1/4 Butcher's PA wrapper for binder, 1/2 FX CT wrapper.

The latest FX CT wrapper is difficult to work with. Not real big and super delicate. But it sure likes to lay down nicely. And looks like it would cure to a nice color. So a good challenge.

Just something off with the blends so far. Start out smoking well; get stanky half an hour in. Open to suggestion.

Not too hard to get these quickies smooth, straight, and evenly parallel. Always tough to get the heads firm.
It's hard to place a bet on the felt with this info, because you leave the whole question of secos untouched. Is the assumption that you won't use any, and we're supposed to just pitch some ligero your way and some general ratios; or that you have all of the retail secos and we should suggest which ones go with that viso and one of your ligeros, and in what combo? Also you don't give the usual "needs spice/too strong" kinda guidance....

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

from this batch of variances in the stuff that dude wanted to use for some kind of Amazonian blend kits back when that was a thing. it was so firm i thought the dam thing would be a bust. tight draw, split shoulder, lit while driving and just would not disappoint after it got through the lighting and slit shoulder seal up. would have been an easy 2hr + toro. slow, lots of smoke, turned into this consistent thing that was between fcking nice and, really fcking nice. had to take a pic. (first phone cam pic) this is right after the first ashing. perfect burn ash coning.

Last edited:

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Now this has promise! This is the Colombian blend but i put CBL into the filler. Not only does it burn great in the middle, the flavor has that chocolate you want from CBL, without the hassle of wrapping with broadleaf!

Now it's still only a few weeks old, but definitely going to age well... essentially a mocha blend

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk