What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I like filling molds and the pretty consistency

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
There is a rush you get from rolling a stick freehand you can't get from rolling with a mold. I don't do it often because I'm a lot like you in the statement above. But when you roll a good looking stick freehand with no forming or mold that you can fire up and enjoy that same day you do something very few can do and it's a skill worth honing. I should probably do a little more practicing of my preaching

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
There is a rush you get from rolling a stick freehand you can't get from rolling with a mold. I don't do it often because I'm a lot like you in the statement above. But when you roll a good looking stick freehand with no forming or mold that you can fire up and enjoy that same day you do something very few can do and it's a skill worth honing. I should probably do a little more practicing of my preaching
That Ecuador binder from LO has nice strength to it, probably easier to bunch it tighter.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All this talk of using no mold so I got thinking about it and went and rolled a half dozen free hand cigars using no mold. They really didn't take any more time to complete and I'm happy with them. I'm putting my molds aside for a while and am going to work on this technique more.

Removed the center vein on all leaves and rolled all entubado. The air should be pulled evenly through the cigar and therefore yield more flavor. That's my theory anyway.

2 leaves LO Dominican seco
1 leaf WLT Corojo viso
Dom seco binder 1/2 leaf
Brazilian Arapriaca wrapper.

No mold.jpg

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I hadn't considered that approach. Very nice. The one that wasn't wrapped still didn't look as bad as mine.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
So here are some sticks that are bound with PA broadleaf and wrapped with PA Oscuro. I left the newspaper wrapping on for a day and a half:
20170528_150336.jpg 20170528_150854.jpg
Seems I should get a new phone to take pics with as I can't get it to stay focused. ..

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Looking good! when you go to take a pic, have a blast of light ready to put over it. that could help.
I was trying to accentuate the veins by lighting from the side. Trying to show how well the veins of the PA wrapper and binder were flattened by the newspaper wrap. Perhaps I should've done that with the flash instead of side lighting...
I'll try that next!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sounds like the blend I'm looking for. All Dominican? My blends don't have spice and I want spice.
Seems like spice ain't easy to come by, don't it. The binder (Jorge seco) is Dominican, as is the WLT Corojo viso. The wrapper is USA. There are three Nicaraguan fillers, all the primings of WLT Nica Habano. Thing is, I don't know where the sweetness and where the white pepper are specifically coming from because I haven't experimented enough with these combos. Soonish I'm going to roll a few blends to see if I can figure it out. I'll start by removing one leaf at a time, from the ligero on down.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have all those at my disposal except for Jorge. I don't know what that is. I got a Corojo order in today to mix with my Nicaraguan leaves. I'll give it a shot next weekend.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have all those at my disposal except for Jorge. I don't know what that is. I got a Corojo order in today to mix with my Nicaraguan leaves. I'll give it a shot next weekend.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Great. Just sub in whatever Dominican binder you have. What wrapper do you have? Ironically I'd say the milder the better so you don't overwhelm the lovely filler spice with generalized wrapper strength.