What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Any thoughts on lo Cameroon and San Andres?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Thoughts. Cameroon: tiny and fragile. Nothing like the Cameroon wrapper on an R&J. Once rolled a few good 4-inch 44rg sticks with it. SA: not like a professional version of this leaf, not near the quality of something like the SA on MUWAT's My Uzi Weighs a Ton. Thickish, matte-toned, not overly strong, fair burn, non-offensive.
Top two pics are LO SA 2-3 years ago, when I was just starting to roll. The next two are LO Cameroon, from the same period. They look the same in these photos, but they ain't.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thoughts. Cameroon: tiny and fragile. Nothing like the Cameroon wrapper on an R&J. Once rolled a few good 4-inch 44rg sticks with it. SA: not like a professional version of this leaf, not near the quality of something like the SA on MUWAT's My Uzi Weighs a Ton. Thickish, matte-toned, not overly strong, fair burn, non-offensive.
Top two pics are LO SA 2-3 years ago, when I was just starting to roll. The next two are LO Cameroon, from the same period. They look the same in these photos, but they ain't.

Thanks. I should have specified that Cameroon wrappers aren't available. I was looking for tastes for binder or filler.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I agree, SA is definitely not the sexy, smooth commercial grade, but i still enjoy working with it.

I think @BrewinHooligan likes it too, something about a mouthful of whoppers

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Yessir, on the right filler blend you get malted milk balls. Patience is key with that leaf and even then they aren't going to be the purdiest gal at the ball but the San Andrés has a permanent home in my kit.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yessir, on the right filler blend you get malted milk balls. Patience is key with that leaf and even then they aren't going to be the purdiest gal at the ball but the San Andrés has a permanent home in my kit.
To me taste is more important than looks. I'm looking at the Brazilian wrappers and the Mexican one. Thanks guys.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me taste is more important than looks. I'm looking at the Brazilian wrappers and the Mexican one. Thanks guys.

I like both Brazilian wrappers. The Arapriaca has become my personal favorite. It's definitely darker and a bit larger. A beautiful leaf. Both have small veins and are thinner and produce a lovely cigar. They require a bit more skill to roll but fear not, you'll learn very quickly. Of course you could try 1/4 lb of each to see what you like.